Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 26 2012
By: darthmilo77 Splicer 92 posts
Accepted Solution

LBP: Game of the Year edition costumes not honored?

18 replies 1027 views Edited Sep 26, 2012

I have the GOTY edition of LittleBigPlanet 1, but my Metal Gear, Historical People, etc. costumes aren't showing up as cross buy in the Vita version (they work fine in LBP2 though). Anyone know if this is a known issue?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 19 (1,027 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
710 posts

Re: LBP: Game of the Year edition costumes not honored?

Sep 26, 2012
Difference with LBP2 is when you loaded up that game it read you LBP1 game save data which had those costumes saved to it as if you had downloaded them from the PS Store... With the Vita it only goes off what you have downloaded from the store!
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 19 (1,022 Views)
Splicer
92 posts

Sep 26, 2012

Oh hm, that's right--the GOTY extra content is all on the disc. Looks like I'll probably have to re-purchase then...

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 19 (1,007 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1628 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 27, 2012

I really don't see a way that they could fairly let people redeem these. If they did, I could just go borrow the disc from someone who has it and be like "Hey, I own the game.. gimme my costumes!"

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 19 (986 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
972 posts

Sep 27, 2012

it would be cool if thy updated lbp 1 and 2 to make a export file for vita so you can get the on disc content like lbp 1 did with lbp 2

i am dyslexic don't bather flaming for spelling and punctuation errors it will do no good and make you look like a fool for poking fun at the handicapped

Get your Portable ID!
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 19 (982 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
92 posts

Sep 27, 2012

Arliman wrote:

I really don't see a way that they could fairly let people redeem these. If they did, I could just go borrow the disc from someone who has it and be like "Hey, I own the game.. gimme my costumes!"

Yeah... given the choice between not being able to cross-buy and having the costumes be a one-time DLC code, I think
I'd choose having it all on the disc with no cross-buy, so people can still use the content if they get the disc used. So many GOTY editions these days just include a download code for the additional DLC. I wish I didn't have to re-buy costumes so I can enjoy them in only one more of my 3 LBP games, but there's no real fair way to do it otherwise.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 19 (978 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
710 posts

Sep 27, 2012
@darthmilo77
Technically you don't have to "re-buy" any costumes as you didn't purchase them if you bought the GOTY edition of LBP1! Not only did you not have to pay for the DLC included with the disc but chances are you paid even less for the GOTY edition then the regular LBP1 game... All in all if you have the GOTY edition and now go buy the DLC that's included with it chances are you'll still have spent less then someone who bought the regular edition of LBP1 and the DLC from the PS Store!
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 19 (968 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
92 posts

Sep 29, 2012

Chris---Kristy wrote:
@darthmilo77
Technically you don't have to "re-buy" any costumes as you didn't purchase them if you bought the GOTY edition of LBP1! Not only did you not have to pay for the DLC included with the disc but chances are you paid even less for the GOTY edition then the regular LBP1 game... All in all if you have the GOTY edition and now go buy the DLC that's included with it chances are you'll still have spent less then someone who bought the regular edition of LBP1 and the DLC from the PS Store!

That's a bit of a rationalization since I paid for a product that contained the content. It's like saying that if you buy a DVD box set that has an extra disc of bonus content, you don't have any right to expect it to work on a Blu-ray player since you didn't buy it separately.

Also, the GOTY edition cost $60 at launch when I got it, at which point the regular edition had been out for a while and was cheaper.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 19 (926 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
710 posts

Sep 29, 2012
I feel like your example was a bad one... My opinion!
By buying the GOTY edition of LBP you did not buy any DLC... The DLC was built into that game so technically speaking its no longer DLC but a part of the game itself now! Cross-Buy is for DLC that you have previous purchased...
I'm not saying you don't have a right to Cross-Buy that content I'm just trying to explain a reason for why you can't... If I remember correctly when accessing those DLC levels from the game wasn't there an added menu section or did you have to access them via the "My Content" section? If you go into the "My Content" section to those DLC does it say purchased or does it give you a price?
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 19 (924 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
972 posts

Sep 30, 2012

darthmilo77 wrote:

Chris---Kristy wrote:
@darthmilo77

That's a bit of a rationalization since I paid for a product that contained the content. It's like saying that if you buy a DVD box set that has an extra disc of bonus content, you don't have any right to expect it to work on a Blu-ray player since you didn't buy it separately.

Also, the GOTY edition cost $60 at launch when I got it, at which point the regular edition had been out for a while and was cheaper.

atualy its mor like buying a dvd box set of a tv show and then expecting to get a digital copy for you ipod for free when you did not pay extra for the digital copy

i am dyslexic don't bather flaming for spelling and punctuation errors it will do no good and make you look like a fool for poking fun at the handicapped

Get your Portable ID!
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 19 (920 Views)
0 Likes