Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 10 2013
By: Res-R-Rex Wastelander 573 posts

LBP 1 or 2

5 replies 115 views Edited Feb 10, 2013

I have LBP 1 GOTY and just got into it. Tried some on-line levels but I don't really understand what to do, but I'm sure I'll get it eventually. I really like it and was wondering about LBP 2. Is it better,different, bigger community? Just curious about it and if its better or should I just stick with the first one for a while. Thanks.

All right you primitive screwheads listen up....
Get your Portable ID!
Message 1 of 6 (115 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11170 posts

Re: LBP 1 or 2

Feb 10, 2013

LittleBigPlanet 2 is not much different from the first game. If you're happy with polishing off LittleBigPlanet, then LittleBigPlanet 2 can certainly wait. There are some functions that have changed with the second game, however. One such example is that now there are sackbots, which follow the player around the level during gameplay.

I don't know whether the size of the community is much different, although it's certainly possible that many of LittleBigPlanet's players migrated to the second game. It's even possible that since LittleBigPlanet Karting came out last year that LittleBigPlanet 2 players stopped playing the second game and instead are now concentrating on their karting efforts. That's just the way online games go.

Message 2 of 6 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
710 posts

Feb 11, 2013
I'd say LBP1 and LBP2 are about the same when it comes to on-line players... LBP2 has more features as GrayGargoyle stated but does have to added bonus of being able to play most of the LBP1 community created levels! As far as people stopping because of LBPK I don't believe that since at any given time you'll have more community players playing in even LBP1 then in LBPK...
Message 3 of 6 (106 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11408 posts

Feb 11, 2013
I think LBP2 has the larger, better community, seeing as how it was given out as a PS Plus freebie for quite some time.

R.I.P. Off-Topic.                  "Eerrrm."   -BRIT-KO, on the topic of 'johngie'.
04/09/2014 - Never Forget

Message 4 of 6 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
573 posts

Feb 12, 2013

Thanks for the answers guys! I think I'll finish 1 then go to 2, but this is a great game and looking forward to playing 2!

All right you primitive screwheads listen up....
Get your Portable ID!
Message 5 of 6 (98 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Feb 14, 2013

Personally, I like them both. For some odd reason I bought both games at the same time (when 2 was new). Now I have had them for about 2 years and I never get tired of them. The only thing that bothers me is I can't seem to get enough people together to get the X3 and X4 prize bubbles. Now I am working on the LBP Karting...a whole new leverl of fun. If you get a chance, play all of them. You will like them! Good Luck!

Message 6 of 6 (89 Views)
0 Likes