Message Edited by NiteStrikerZero on 08-04-2008 10:17 PM
Message 40 of 47 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3568 posts

Re: Reasons why I WON'T be getting LBP anymore

Aug 5, 2008

and your wanting us to stop you .. or what ?

leaving...
Message 1 of 47 (10 Views)
Uncharted Territory
2101 posts

Aug 5, 2008
Message 2 of 47 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1960 posts

Aug 5, 2008

• Replayability - Now, I know that there are 50 premade levels and you'll be to DL other people's levels, but is that all this game has to offer for this aspect? thats the ultimate replay value what more do u want???

• Story - If you ask me, I have a doubt LBP will have a deep or an original story. It'll probably just be about sackboy comin from another planet trying to take over the earth or something. they already said its going to be a loose story

• Community - Okay, so you're able to DL other people's levels. But who said that creativity would be the strong suit of the majority? There'd be plenty of crap levels around and few good ones. Not sure if MM will decide which levels can be sold, but if people can just charge for levels if they want at any given time, well I say screw this. of course 90% of the levels will be crap, its the other 10% that will make it good and 10% doesnt mean 10 levels

• 5mb limit - I didn't like the fact that 5mb would be the limit. I personally thought that it would be better to leave the max at around 15mb. Though I'm not sure about how much space each addition to a level will take  5mb is HUGE unless you want to put pics in, even then you cant link 2 or more levels by keys that automatically teleport sackpersons to the next level

• Features - It seems to me that this game doesn't have much to offer other than just creating and sharing levels. There's nothing that I find unique about it. Open level editing has already been around for quite a while now for some PC games. No way....
Photobucket
Message 3 of 47 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
217 posts

Aug 5, 2008

I don't really know how to respond.

It's as if you took everything awesome about the game, and called it a downside.

I personally think the community constitutes infinite replayability, and unrivaled multiplayer.

The "star system" will give people the ability to float "good levels" to the top so you don't personally have to see tons of your so called "crap levels."

The build limit is set, but also sticks to the standards shown in all demo levels, which looks like plenty. ( With the possibilty for more room for those published level creators. )

I think you may want to rethink your decision..although, in the end, it's just your loss..you can play another shooter or other unoriginal concept of a videogame.

---Disappointing.

LittleBigFriends
Message 4 of 47 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9372 posts

Aug 5, 2008

Joshua2327 wrote:

and your wanting us to stop you .. or what ?

I just wanted to state my opinion and ask why this game is so hyped. 

Message 5 of 47 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2061 posts

Aug 5, 2008
Ill guarrentee after a week of its launch you will wnat it, if not o well!
Twitter - https://twitter.com/EthanHubb
Message 6 of 47 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9372 posts

Aug 5, 2008

BuzzQuizTV wrote:

I don't really know how to respond.

It's as if you took everything awesome about the game, and called it a downside.

I personally think the community constitutes infinite replayability, and unrivaled multiplayer.

The "star system" will give people the ability to float "good levels" to the top so you don't personally have to see tons of your so called "crap levels."

The build limit is set, but also sticks to the standards shown in all demo levels, which looks like plenty. ( With the possibilty for more room for those published level creators. )

I think you may want to rethink your decision..although, in the end, it's just your loss..you can play another shooter or other unoriginal concept of a videogame.

---Disappointing.

Well, you have your opinion about the game and I have mine. I know that Socom in your eyes will just be another shooter but LBP... kinda hard for me to explain. I feel as if I'll be rolling the dice on it. I've watched the game play and well, nothing excites me. I like games with andrenaline and stuff that keeps you guessing what's going to happen next. I feel good after being in a heavy firefight in Warhawk. I feel great after going through something in a game that's been extreme. LBP so far in my eyes doesn't express any of this. Yes, I admit that I did take the good stuff and flop them on the other side but that's just how I feel. I don't know, I'll be in the Socom beta and I'm guessing that's how I'll make my final choice.

Message Edited by NiteStrikerZero on 08-04-2008 08:34 PM
Message 7 of 47 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
115 posts

Aug 5, 2008

NiteStrikerZero wrote:

Not sure if you guys saw my thread in the Socom:Conf. board, but I've decided not to get LBP. It seems to me that the only reason I ever decided to get LBP was the hype. Now, I have thought of enough reasons why I won't get this game.

• Replayability - Now, I know that there are 50 premade levels and you'll be to DL other people's levels, but is that all this game has to offer for this aspect?  Besides the fact that you wouldn't ever have replay a level because you could make your own or download other peoples, which in it self voids your reason, you could also go through and say, "I think I could make this level better"; go edit it, and then release it to the public.

• Story - If you ask me, I have a doubt LBP will have a deep or an original story. It'll probably just be about sackboy comin from another planet trying to take over the earth or something.  The story for mario was a princess has been kidnapped, go save her, but that didn't stop the game from being amazing.  Super Smash Bros also has a horrible story

• Community - Okay, so you're able to DL other people's levels. But who said that creativity would be the strong suit of the majority? There'd be plenty of crap levels around and few good ones. Not sure if MM will decide which levels can be sold, but if people can just charge for levels if they want at any given time, well I say screw this.  They got rid of the paying for levels awhile ago, and YouTube has a whole lot of crap videos, but the good ones make it worth it, and they rise to the top.

• 5mb limit - I didn't like the fact that 5mb would be the limit. I personally thought that it would be better to leave the max at around 15mb. Though I'm not sure about how much space each addition to a level will take.  Based on your ability to think outside of the box based on this post, I don't believe this would be a problem for you

• Features - It seems to me that this game doesn't have much to offer other than just creating and sharing levels. There's nothing that I find unique about it. Open level editing has already been around for quite a while now for some PC games. Not on a platformer, and not with the same publicity and target group of little big planet.  Nothing has even come close to what little big planet is.

You didn't think this over well at all.  Until I read the top of the post, I thought this was supposed to be funny.

10 out of 3 people can't read binary
Message 8 of 47 (10 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9372 posts

Aug 5, 2008

ClearSights wrote:
Ill guarrentee after a week of its launch you will wnat it, if not o well!

Maybe I'll buy them both Smiley Tongue I'm kinda on a tight budget this fall (I'm 15, don't ask Smiley Indifferent) So far, I've already decided to get Motorstorm and R2. Maybe I'll get LBP during the holidays. Here's what could possibly change the possibilty of me buying Socom over LBP:

• Open Beta for Socom - depends on whether I like it or not
  • Reviews - I'll just read up on both games and see what the reviewers think
  • A demo of LBP - I'd really like it if there was a demo for LBP, I'd also take part in a beta if one was availalble.
Message 9 of 47 (10 Views)
0 Likes