Oct 30 2008
By: jjmusicman Uncharted Territory 1899 posts

Beta levels being stolen..

70 replies 1 views Edited Oct 30, 2008

When I made the Human Body level, my data got corrupt and I had to delete everything. But the level was still on "my profile" online since I had published it.

I log in today, and see some jerk copied my level, published it, and doesn't give any credit to me as an author.

I didn't know there was a copy option in the beta, so I didn't know this was possible.

I spent hours on that level....this isn't fair...

...Smiley Sad

His username is whosdaman it's right next to my level when you search for it.

EDIT:

I hope you guys are looking into this issue SOON Sam

I just checked and 2 other people have ripped off my level.

Whosdaman, catcheryea, and markfoley94.

The sad part is, markfoley's publish has triple the amount of views of mine.

I've grief reported, emailed, commented on Mm's sight, posted this thread, and even contacted the thieves.

I don't know what else to do.

EDIT:

Guys, this is not cool.

Someone copied (EDIT: Actually two people now) Geosautus' God of War Demon Skull level...and it has even more plays/hearts than the original, probably because it's easier to find or something.

That's just wrong.

Apparently people were able to copy and republish beta levels.

This needs to be stopped.

Message Edited by Dogenzaka on 10-27-2008 11:49 AM
Message Edited by Dogenzaka on 10-27-2008 11:49 AM
Message Edited by Dogenzaka on 10-30-2008 09:51 AM
Message Edited by Dogenzaka on 10-30-2008 10:05 AM
GuttedCorpse wrote:
People that dislike WarHawk enjoy playing games like Superman 64.

Do not steal or rip. This is my work protected by DeviantART
Message 59 of 71 (1 View)
0 Likes
Sackboy
536 posts

Re: Someone stole my level..

Oct 27, 2008
report it using the Good Grief thing, it's worth a shot. Now there's a feature that will disable copying, but there wasn't one in the beta so surely they'd do something about it.
Message 1 of 71 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3280 posts

Oct 27, 2008

Sorry to hear this.

I know how it feels when people take your stuff, without your permission, and make it their own.

I guess, just have to report it to Mm about this situation.

Message 2 of 71 (1 View)
0 Likes
Sackboy
536 posts

Oct 27, 2008
likewise. Who was the person who copied your level? You should report them, but also let the community handle it, and let this person know that this kind of thing is not tolerated. I'm sure if enough of us complain...
Message 3 of 71 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1910 posts

Oct 27, 2008

panickedthumb wrote:
likewise. Who was the person who copied your level? You should report them, but also let the community handle it, and let this person know that this kind of thing is not tolerated. I'm sure if enough of us complain...

Agreed.

Message 4 of 71 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2984 posts

Oct 27, 2008

Dogenzaka wrote:

When I made the Human Body level, my data got corrupt and I had to delete everything. But the level was still on "my profile" online since I had published it.

I log in today, and see some jerk copied my level, published it, and doesn't give any credit to me as an author.

I didn't know there was a copy option in the beta, so I didn't know this was possible.

I spent hours on that level....this isn't fair...

...Smiley Sad

recopy it back to youre moon and re publish in youre name i will make sure to boycott any of the levels that the person who stole youre level creates and i remember that the human body level was youre work

Message Edited by sedated on 10-27-2008 10:25 AM
Message 5 of 71 (1 View)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
709 posts

Oct 27, 2008

That sucks! I'll fight for you.

My buddy and I had TONS of fun on that level in the beta. We tried to find a way through each of the different paths. We can vouch for you!

Message 6 of 71 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1792 posts

Oct 27, 2008
Actually there was a way to make a level uncopyable in the beta. I just replayed the level I had published during the beta and got three trophies out of the deal. I had changed the level from uncopyable to copyable and then back again to get the publish trophy. Sorry to hear about someone stealing yor work though but Id report them and see if there is something you can do about it.
Message 7 of 71 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2101 posts

Oct 27, 2008

Jeff257 wrote:
Actually there was a way to make a level uncopyable in the beta. I just replayed the level I had published during the beta and got three trophies out of the deal. I had changed the level from uncopyable to copyable and then back again to get the publish trophy. Sorry to hear about someone stealing yor work though but Id report them and see if there is something you can do about it.

How exactly do you make it un-copyable??

Message 8 of 71 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1792 posts

Oct 27, 2008

LittleBigFan05 wrote:

Jeff257 wrote:

How exactly do you make it un-copyable??

Its under the same settings as the area where you can edit copy or paste. Has two features undeneath those called Locked and copyable. If I had LBP running right now Id go on there and give you better details.

Message 9 of 71 (1 View)
0 Likes