Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 20 2010
By: logan9122 First Son 1 posts

Okay I want to play Kingdom Hearts without buying 2 systems.

21 replies 8561 views Edited Nov 20, 2010

What I really want is to play both Kingdom Hearts games and also play Kingdom Hearts 3, but I don't want to buy both the ps2 and ps3. I just will buy one or the other. So what is the best way to do this?? Should I buy the ps2 and just say screw it to KH3 when it comes out? OR should I try to find a backwards compatible ps3? OR is there a way to download KH games (as well as other ps2 games) on the PSN store?

Can some help me decide what is the best way to go? And I also want to the same with Shadow of the Colossus and The Last Guardian.

Message 1 of 22 (8,561 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8540 posts

Re: Okay I want to play Kingdom Hearts without buying 2 systems.

Nov 20, 2010

i would strongly recomend against buying a used back-compatable ps3. just google for "fix and sell my ylod ps3", to see why.

buy a new ps3 if thats all you can do, the future looks great. also used ps2s are like 40-50$ at ebgames.

Photobucket
Message 2 of 22 (8,561 Views)
Splicer
55 posts

Nov 20, 2010

logan9122 wrote:

What I really want is to play both Kingdom Hearts games and also play Kingdom Hearts 3, but I don't want to buy both the ps2 and ps3. I just will buy one or the other. So what is the best way to do this?? Should I buy the ps2 and just say screw it to KH3 when it comes out? OR should I try to find a backwards compatible ps3? OR is there a way to download KH games (as well as other ps2 games) on the PSN store?

Can some help me decide what is the best way to go? And I also want to the same with Shadow of the Colossus and The Last Guardian.

Well, there are many things to take into account.  First, Kingdom Hearts 3 isn't going to be coming out anytime soon.  Second, you could buy a backwards compatible PS3, but they can be just as expensive for a new one as buying a new PS3 and a PS2 and they tend to have more problems than the newer models, so if you were to buy a used backwards compatible PS3, there is a better chance of it breaking soon after you buy it.  That isn't to say that it will definitely break, but just that the chance is higher than with the slim PS3.  Third, they are making a PS3 version of Shadow of Colossus in the same fashion as they did for the God of War series.  Square has talked about doing this with some of their games, so they might do it with the Kingdom Hearts series too.  The Last Guardian isn't supposed to come out until late next year.  I know you said you didn't want to, but my recommendation would be to buy a slim PS3 and pick up a used PS2, which you could find pretty cheap.

Message 3 of 22 (8,561 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
24942 posts

Nov 20, 2010

You're not going to want t hear this, but the best option is to buy a PS2 and a PS3. Finding an old backward compatible system is going to take a lot of time and effort at this point, will more than likely cost you MORE (note the proper spelling and  not the "gamer" spelling), and what you find may not be very reliable, and it will not be covered by a warranty. Also, like the previous person said, you run the risk of being scammed.

This whole "one or the other" thing confuses me. There's no shame as a gamer to having components side by side. If that's what it takes, then that's what it takes. If it's a question of space, then you MAKE space.

Message 4 of 22 (8,561 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9669 posts

Nov 20, 2010

CaptainAlbator wrote:

This whole "one or the other" thing confuses me. There's no shame as a gamer to having components side by side. If that's what it takes, then that's what it takes. If it's a question of space, then you MAKE space.

I think he's afraid of his friends/family poking fun at him when they come over and see a ten-year-old console.

bobtheenzyteguy Trophy Card

Kudos me, and I'll kudos you.
Message 5 of 22 (8,561 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
64 posts

Nov 20, 2010

Buy a backwards compatible PS3? It's cheap and easy.

Message 6 of 22 (8,561 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4933 posts

Nov 20, 2010

Ichilicious wrote:

Buy a backwards compatible PS3? It's cheap and easy.

and not realiable dude buy a PS3 slim then buy a PS2 easiest way and botht consoles are more realiable then an old phat BC model that someone did a fix then found on youtube and trying to sell it

Message 7 of 22 (8,561 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4242 posts

Nov 21, 2010

I would just buy a PlayStation 2 as Kingdom Hearts III isn't coming out anytime soon. It might even come out by the time the PlayStation 4 is out. Plus Kingdom Hearts III hasn't been confirmed yet.

Message 8 of 22 (8,561 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7744 posts

Nov 21, 2010

Just get a PS2, it's more reliable than a PS3 anyways, and if your PS3 breaks, you'll have to pay $150 to get it repaired.

And besides, you'll get acces to 3 KH games on the PS2, KH, KH Re: CoM, and KH2, you'll only need a PSP for BBS and a DS for 358/2 Days.

"Can you see your end? Then death be yours!" ~ Brahms
Message 9 of 22 (8,561 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
977 posts

Nov 21, 2010

Buy a PS2 now, and a PS3 later. I don't understand why you can't have both. Gurl, you cray-cray.

I don't even think that KH3 is confirmed to be a PS3 game, so yeah...

You can get a PS2 for around $50 on eBay.

I wouldn't get a BC PS3, I've heard that they can be really expensive and apparently they have problems.

Myth384 wrote:

Just get a PS2, it's more reliable than a PS3 anyways, and if your PS3 breaks, you'll have to pay $150 to get it repaired.

And besides, you'll get acces to 3 KH games on the PS2, KH, KH Re: CoM, and KH2, you'll only need a PSP for BBS and a DS for 358/2 Days.

Don't forget Re:Coded!

Message 10 of 22 (8,561 Views)
0 Likes