Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 19 2012
By: Jadeim Lombax Warrior 96 posts

Kingdom Hearts Fans???

15 replies 136 views Edited Apr 19, 2012

Can i just see a show of hands, or in this matter a show of posts of exactly how many people are out there that are still fans of the Kingdom Hearts franchise. That is one of my favorite games for PS2. I was literally going to buy a DS when they had first anounced the 358/2 days for DS. But i thought it just be a waste of money considering that probably be the only game i ever owned for that system. Besides the point! Sorry, but yes how many people also want to see a HD Remastered version with 1 and 2 on there and possibly shattered memories to come out for the PS3? I think it would be great.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 16 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
96 posts

Re: Kingdom Hearts Fans???

Apr 20, 2012

I truly can't believe that im the only one...  wtf mate!

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 16 (136 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
10987 posts

Apr 20, 2012

Currently Square Enix has the Final Fantasy X HD project underway. A Kingdom Hearts HD set is not out of the realm of possibilities, if they're looking to go there. Assuming they're going to base any future HD sets on the sale of Final Fantasy X, that might also be something to keep in mind.

Personally, Kingdom Hearts is an RPG series I wasn't able to get into. With some of the worst camera/jumping controls in gameplay history, the game wasn't as fun as I thought it could be. Though the love for the series has never been established on my part, there's no doubt millions of others who wouldn't mind seeing this dream project realized.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 16 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
96 posts

Apr 20, 2012

Well the first one had its downfalls, but when part two came out they basically fixed everything they needed to in it. And my first reaction being a 23 year old seeing disney characters on a sqare enix game i was thinking to myself ahh not my type. But when i started playing it...ohh thats when i realize it wasnt a kiddy game at all. I mean its got some goofy script moments but the story line is awesome and very enigmatic. I say enigmatic but not confusing just that you really have to pay attention to every cut scene to know what the H is going on and how this and this happens LoL. If that makes any sence . But anyway i know you already have your thoughts about it but if you ever stop having any games to play and and time on your hands to go back and play a PS2 game i suggest just putting a few more hours into in just for the story line's sake.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 16 (136 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
10987 posts

Apr 20, 2012

I had played the very first Kingdom Hearts in 2002 up until... the Aladdin boss. That was quite a ways into the game. Many times in battle I ended up having to jump around, and ended up falling off the edge because I was jumping, and because the camera didn't let you see where you were falling, as I recall. Though the story itself was entertaining enough, it was the gameplay that really didn't work for me in the sense that I ended up dying a lot because of that horrendous camera system.

Because the first game was never finished, I decided to pass on any additional Kingdom Hearts entries down the line. I did end up owning a DS myself though, but not for Kingdom Hearts. This would be for unrelated RPGs and other remarkable games, such as Meteos and the Mario and Luigi saga.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 16 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
96 posts

Apr 21, 2012

Alright alright, sounds good. I figured you played for like 30 mins and then just decided it was crap. But of course its not going to be every single persons game ha. Thanks for replying.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 16 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1964 posts

Apr 21, 2012

I never played KH1, but KH2 seemed darn near perfect. I had my skeptisms too when the game was first introduced, but after playing it I ate my words. I might not be a fan, but KH really is a good series.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 16 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
96 posts

Apr 21, 2012

Man you played the second one without playing the first at all!? LoL were you not confused?

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 16 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1964 posts

Apr 21, 2012

When I first got KH2, I didn't play it to get into the overall story. I did peep the KH1 manga, so I wasn't that confused. Plus, I played KH: CoM on the GBA, so I'm pretty familiar with the main story.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 16 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
96 posts

Apr 21, 2012

Sounds Good.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 16 (136 Views)
0 Likes