Highlighted
MVP Support
13493 posts

Re: Again, the 1.5HD remastered collection is ONLY for Japan....

Jan 3, 2013

ossiecastro5 wrote:

@glaciusx25

They said that it's only in Japan so far. But, here are some facts you should consider:

1. It was recently reported that it'll have ENGLISH voice-over

2. SE and Disney hinted that a big title will coe to America in 2012

3. Kingdom Hearts has a very big fan base in America. Sales will sky-rocket here.

4. This will help set up newer players and prepare others for KH3.

5. Because I say so.  Smiley Tongue

KH2 FInal Mix only had English Voice acting. But it was only released in Japan. (it had japanese subtitles)

They do that often. Just because it has english acting doesn't mean it's coming to english speaking countries.

Also note, the KH 1 FM version is in Japanese voice acting for the HD Remix

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 11 of 51 (1,438 Views)
Splicer
47 posts

Mar 1, 2013

yeah even before some online announcement, we ALL knew 1.5 was coming to the US...I knew it would be here in the fall before that announcement on the 25th of Feb.

But back on topic...a lot of speculations about 2.5 is almost spot on...but not quite. I can see KH 2 Final Mix, Birth By Sleep FINAL MIX, and Coded. 3Ds would be nice but techology-wise, I doubt they can fit 4 games of that magnitude (as far as memory & tech space) on one blu-ray disc (unless it's a dual blu-ray package).

As far as KH3...everyone should know that we won't hear much about KH3 until FF vs 13 is out...luckily at Sony's PS4 announcement, they revealed that a new FF game will be announced at this year's E3. It could be either that or FF 13 part 3 (oh dear gawd I hope it's not that). I have no dislike towards the FF 13 series, but they seriously needs to work on FF vs 13 so they can work on KH3 already.

Message 12 of 51 (1,201 Views)
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Mar 1, 2013

modern blu-rays hold upwards of 50Gb or more. They could fit those games on there,...

But I could care less about the HD re-hashes of spin-offs and what would be DLC had it existed in the PS2 days. They are stalling, and im tired of it. Either make KH3 or cancel it.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 13 of 51 (1,197 Views)
Wastelander
676 posts

Mar 2, 2013
Yeah I don't understand why they keep stalling. How many remakes and spin offs have they done! This will be the 2nd remake of KH1.. I guess they figured they can keep just re releasing the same game every couple of years so people keep buying it and they can make money without actually having to put time and money into a new game.
Playstation G.A.P. Member.Lives in the land down under (Australia).PSU Since 07 GAP Since07
Photobucket
Message 14 of 51 (1,190 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13508 posts

Mar 2, 2013

See people, if you learned anything from playing Kingdom Hearts, you would know not to give up hope. Now it will be coming to America!

Message 15 of 51 (1,189 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1582 posts

Re: Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD

Mar 2, 2013
It's great that we are getting the 1.5 collection, but I am now worried about a potential 2.5 collection. 1.5 will be coming to the U.S. in Autumn, which will be right before the PS4, probably. By this time, a 2.5 collection could be out in Japan, but it wouldn't make it to America before PS4 comes out. Then, although I would still get it, what is the point of buying an HD remaster of a game on obsolete technology? Idk
Message 16 of 51 (1,185 Views)
MVP Support
13493 posts

Mar 2, 2013

Obsolete technology?

Though the PS4 is nice, the graphical performance it delivers is already possible on PC (And PC games are still being put on PS3/XBox 360 as well)

I wouldn't say the PS4 is a huge step forward, graphically, if you look at the whole market of gaming. For Playstation, yes, it's a big step. But for gaming, no.

I've been playing KH2 FM on my PC and it looks nice (besides the textures but there aren't many of those). I'd look forward to a 2.5 release.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 17 of 51 (1,176 Views)
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

Mar 2, 2013

Possible, but it doesnt exist yet. No game has been made with the Unreal engine 4 yet.

So, hes right though. While technically wrong, what he is trying to say is right. Why get an out-dated game, remastered to look good on a soon to be out-dated engine and processor.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 18 of 51 (1,166 Views)
Splicer
47 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 15, 2013

Now most people guessed that there will be a Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX, well now it's official. As some of you knew, Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX was released in Japan today & some lovely Japanese person shared some info regarding Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX. When reaching the closing credits of Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX, it revealed the existed of 2.5 ReMIX. Obviously, the game will contain Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix. In addition, the game will also contain Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep and Kingdom Hearts Re: Coded (Wikipedia & KHinsider).

Now the questions is whether it will be the original Birth by Sleep or the Final Mix (the one I'm hoping for) is a mystery at this point. Another mystery is whether Birth by Sleep (Final Mix?) or Re:Coded would be playable or be viewed in Theater Mode isn't clear. However, judging by the reason why 179 Days (aka 358/2 Days) wasn't playable is because of the fact that 179 Days "would delay the development of the new title, so it ended up being within the compilation's Theater Mode" (Wikipedia). With that in mind, I don't see that being the case & Birth by Sleep (Final Mix?) and Re:Coded should be playable when 2.5 ReMIX is released to the public.

As far as the actual release date of 1.5 ReMIX in North America, that's also a mystery.

Message 19 of 51 (1,075 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13508 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 16, 2013

Inferno313 wrote:

Now most people guessed that there will be a Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX, well now it's official. As some of you knew, Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX was released in Japan today & some lovely Japanese person shared some info regarding Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX. When reaching the closing credits of Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX, it revealed the existed of 2.5 ReMIX. Obviously, the game will contain Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix. In addition, the game will also contain Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep and Kingdom Hearts Re: Coded (Wikipedia & KHinsider).

Now the questions is whether it will be the original Birth by Sleep or the Final Mix (the one I'm hoping for) is a mystery at this point. Another mystery is whether Birth by Sleep (Final Mix?) or Re:Coded would be playable or be viewed in Theater Mode isn't clear. However, judging by the reason why 179 Days (aka 358/2 Days) wasn't playable is because of the fact that 179 Days "would delay the development of the new title, so it ended up being within the compilation's Theater Mode" (Wikipedia). With that in mind, I don't see that being the case & Birth by Sleep (Final Mix?) and Re:Coded should be playable when 2.5 ReMIX is released to the public.

As far as the actual release date of 1.5 ReMIX in North America, that's also a mystery.

Don't you just love how kind those Jaoanese are by sharing this info to the world?  Smiley Very Happy

From what I assume and the format of 1.5, the 2.5 Collection will have KH 2 and Birth By Sleep playable (and possible their Final Mix versions since KH 1 used it's Final Mix). Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded will be just like 358/2 days and be used as a theater mode viewing (after playing it on the DS, it's very possible as it would be very difficult to make it playable.

Since the PS3 days are being numbered with the arrival of the PS4 in the future, I assume that the collection will be on the PS4, and possible on the PS3 if it comes as soon as next year.

I feel like Vexen now, analyzing data and forming hypothesis. Oh well.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 20 of 51 (1,047 Views)