Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 25 2006
By: HOLY_REVOLUTION Hekseville Citizen 407 posts

one word....... synchronize. lol.

8 replies 11 views Edited Jan 25, 2006
what i would definitly like to see is a synchronized version of killzone..... what i mean is that, each bonus on the killzone for the psp will help be passed to the killzone on the ps3, maybe? what do you guys think, kuz i was thinking it would give you more stuff like weapons if you do a certain action in the psp game and show up on the next killzone, and vice-versa. you know like the socom 3. thats what i would like to see. what do you guys think?
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (11 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
17 posts

Re: one word....... synchronize. lol.

Jan 25, 2006
I think it would be a great idea. I imagine a lot of developers are going to be doing this kind of thing when making games for PS2/PSP/PS3. It helps bring a little replay value as well as giving a little perk to the people who have actually bought PSP's.

Hopefully this will be the bare minimum as far as what developers will do with PSP connectivity in their games. I would like their to be unlockables on both ends, as well as the ability to transfer items/weapons/etc over from game to game. How cool would it be to aquire an awesome sword in a PS2/PS3 action RPG youre far along in, and then be able to give it to your character on the PSP variant of the game when he is at a lower level. This would be cool because if the game is exactly the same as the console version, like Xmen Legends II, then it would give you a reason to even mess with the PSP version because you have unlocked things or can transfer items between the two.

Speaking of which-- They really need to start making these games different on the PSP than the console versions. Socom 3 is a good example. Sure, some developers want to release a multiplatform game, and dont have the time/money to create a side-story game version for the PSP, but if nobody starts releasing original titles for the PSP the longer it will be until a pricecut. A lot of people have waited till they had $250 to lay down for one of these and the least the developers could do is make it worth the purchase.

Im really glad Guerilla decided to go with a isometric action game for the PSP instead of doing a FPS. The PSP isnt quite as powerful as the PS2, and would not only be a headache to the devs but would be a waste of time trying to create ANOTHER FPS when they already have a bigtime PS3 title in the works. Hopefully the game will play a bit like Fallout Tactics and will look better than XmenLegendsII. That game had too many jaggies and pixelation problems. I couldnt tell what I was looking at on the screen half the time.
"Progress finally, emergence of doom complete
Here only to reverse the flow of life - I " -Meshuggah
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 9 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
17335 posts

Jan 25, 2006
Don't worry about jaggies/pixelation too much, since the PSP's screen is so ultra-nice. Just wait until you hol one in your hands and seethe crisp little screen...so...gorgeous...*rushes to PSP system*

I imagine that connectivity with PSP to PS2/PS3 would be possible, actually it IS possible, but we must wait to see if they use it or not.

My observation has purpose, hence I am here.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 9 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
784 posts

Jan 26, 2006
Ok, i am completely lost on this topic. I'm just going to pretend i know what you guys are talking about. Yes, i totally agree. That would be a great idea.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 9 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
407 posts

Jan 26, 2006
ok? well have you ever played socom FTB or socom 3?
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 9 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
784 posts

Jan 26, 2006
No. I've played Socom 1 and 2 though. I didn't really like it. It involved too many tactics just to get one kill and once you died you couldn't respawn, you would have to wait until a team wins to start the next game. I'm more of a "just straight up and kill everyone" kind of gamer, lol.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 9 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
407 posts

Jan 27, 2006
yea that is true about socom 1 and 2 but what were talking about is in the campeign mode, you unlock stuff like weapons and skins on the psp for socom 3 and vice-versa.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 9 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
784 posts

Jan 27, 2006
That's cool. I don't think that's a must for Killzone:Liberation though, but it would be a plus.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
407 posts

Feb 9, 2006
yea but id be good to see, because it would be a wast of time if you have both games and their pretty much the same, with some exceptions of course.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 9 (11 Views)
0 Likes