Highlighted
Oct 30 2009
By: Wade_VC Sackboy 629 posts

Open Letter to Guerrilla Games regarding their online service.

16 replies 6 views Edited Oct 30, 2009

Below is a copy of a letter I just sent to Guerrilla Games regarding the issues of online play, server issues & their website. I shall keep everyone informed of how this transpires.

Sir ir Madam,

I am writing to inquire to the status of the Killzone website and the Killzone:Liberation game itself.

Firstly, I can not sync up my Liberation stats with the website. Whenever I log in, it just keeps processing, and then times out. Whenever I switch to another tab, it also logs me out.

When I try to log-in for a on-line game, it tells me my password is incorrect (it is my PSN password, so I know it to be correct). When I try to create an account, it tells me the account already exists.

So I can't log in because the password is wrong, but I can't create an account because it does exist???

Does Guerrilla Games plan of fixing this issue that is happening by literally the hundreds, as evidenced by the extreme amount of posts on the PSN site (www.playstation.com) complaining of the same issues.

It would be appreciated if your company, that gladly accepted our monies for these features,  actually followed through and made these services available or correct whatever problems there are in accordance with our purchasing such as part of the game.

If Guerrilla Games  has no intention of providing this service to their clientele, it may be a good idea to post such on the PlayStation site so those of us that spent out monies on your product will know that this company does not intend, nor care, about those who have purchased your product.

I for one shall not spend another penny on your products if this is the level of service your company treats its clientele.

I shall post a copy of this letter and your response (or lack thereof) on the PlayStation site so others who have also provided monies to your company via purchases are aware of how, if ever, you wish to address these issues.

Respectfully,

WadeVC

Message 1 of 17 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11232 posts

Re: Open Letter to Guerrilla Games regarding their online service.

Nov 5, 2009

Hiya, sorry for the late reply, I'd missed this.

This shouldn't be a general issue and if more people are experiencing it, I have certainly not heard about it.  I will investigate what the problem might be and if there is an issue with the general connectivity of either killzone.com or the game servers, but this is the first I hear about any complaints. 

if I know more I'll respond.  in future feel free to PM me directly.

Seb

Seb Downie - Producer - Guerrilla Games
Message 2 of 17 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11232 posts

Nov 5, 2009

Also, in case I did misunderstood a part of your letter.  From the FAQ on www.killzone.com:

'My Killzone.com logon does not let me logon to Infrastructure mode. Unfortunately at present your Killzone.com login details cannot be used to login into Infrastructure mode as they operate on different servers. You must, however, use your Killzone.com login details to access the site when selecting Killzone.com from the menu. To log into infrastructure mode, North American users should create a new handle and European users should use their www.yourgamingname.com handle. Users who do not have their network access code should contact Sony customer support via that website."
Message 3 of 17 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11232 posts

Nov 5, 2009

We just tried and can host online games just fine. Encountered no connection errors, and the “Downloads”, “Share a game” and “Killzone.com” options all seemed to work without any problems as well.

Sorry for bumping AGAIN, but it seems the problems you are experiencing are related to you not being able to connect in general, not specific to Killzone: Liberation.

Message 4 of 17 (6 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1332 posts

Nov 5, 2009

hmm. killzone liberation has lagg. but im not sure if its the server or the people. cant say right now.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 5 of 17 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
94 posts

Nov 6, 2009
I can't log on to one of my accounts even though I never changed my password, that's the only problem I've had so far but I don't really think it's an issue that will grow.

|||Bob Marley |||

Message 6 of 17 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
178 posts

Nov 10, 2009

MH, can you please check the EU servers again.

People are still complaining that they are down.

An official word would be nice. 

Message 7 of 17 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11232 posts

Nov 10, 2009
Yeah we are rechecking the EU servers. 
Message 8 of 17 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
386 posts

Nov 10, 2009
Also if there is any possible way you guys can reduce the lag on killzone:liberation it will be greatly appreciated.

...::::#28 BFBC2 KN!F3R:::... ...::::::... ...::::::...

Photobucket

...:::R.I.P HellaBot <3 WE'LL NEVA 4GET U:::...

Message 9 of 17 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11232 posts

Nov 11, 2009
okay the EU servers are up and just played a bit.  Whats the exact problem you are having?
Message 10 of 17 (6 Views)
0 Likes