Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 16 2012
By: chickenbonetom Treasure Hunter 7583 posts

Oringinal Killzone (KZ1) Coming To The PS2 Classics

22 replies 222 views Edited Jan 16, 2012

http://playstationlifestyle.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Killzoneart_feature.jpg

Chances are you’ve taken up arms in Killzone 2 or Killzone 3 by now, but have you wondered what happened before the series made its way to the current generation? Maybe you don’t have a backward compatible PlayStation 3 or a PlayStation 2. Well that’s okay, because soon you’ll have a new affordable option.

Sony has confirmed that the original Killzone will be added to the PlayStation Store as a PlayStation 2 classic. It’s scheduled to arrive in the US on January 24th, and will be available at the golden price of $9.99, but details for Europe were not given. Unfortunately, it will not be an in HD Collection form, so those wanting to experience the series’ roots in full-HD glory are short of luck. Oh, and there won’t be any trophies either.

Killzone debuted in November of 2004 and was received moderately well with many critics praising it for its remarkable visuals, a trait that both of its successors would retain, but many felt the game was a bit too buggy and tried to push too much out . Plot-wise it precedes the second installment, so if you enjoy the story found in the second and third games, then this may be $10 well spent.

Note: Article From Playstation Lifestyle

Message 9 of 23 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7583 posts

Re: Oringinal Killzone (KZ1) Coming To The PS2 Classics

Jan 13, 2012

Chubear wrote:

I'm really shocked by the treatment Sony's decided to place on KZ1. I mean with no HD upgrade or trophy support? Come on! KZ1 sold over 2mill copies. I think (not sure) that's more than Ico did but ICO and SotC both got proper treaments? For me, this game was the best FPS I had ever played last gen and before the whiners talk about glitches and buggs, if you're a gamer you know exactly what I mean cause I'm talking about the core mechanics of the game.

If this is done for people who didn't play KZ1 back in the day then what's the point? Back then KZ1 was slaughtered by haters cause they feared it was a true competition for Halo in the future so why would they care? No, it's the fans that made it possible for a KZ2 & KZ3 that would buy this game but with no support for it w/ any upgrades, why would I buy it? This makes no bloody sense! It's like Sony's going down a road w/ MS mindset when it comes to recent games. JUST STOP IT! Take care of the people who took care of you instead of cutting corners to bring in new potential $$ from people who don't give a **** about you.

Who knos mayb they will decide to make it HD with Trophy and Online support if the demand is great enough. It's not like GG iz doin anythin else at the moment anyway they may as well Re-Release KZ1 and Remaster in in HD. I doubt there's anyone yammering about when iz Killzone 4 coming out so they got time lol.

Message 1 of 23 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1889 posts

Jan 14, 2012

I have to say that I also really wanted a remastered version. I'm sure that financial incentive drives the desire to do that or not, but Some HD KZ1 with trophy support would have sealed the deal for me. I'm not sure I'll spring for the same game that I still have on my shelf. (I also have the 60GB still, so I can play the old one.) Maybe for some MP or something, but otherwise I'll probably pass.

My dream though is a remastered (or just upscaled) Killzone Liberation for the PS3 store. I know the logistics of that aren't great, but that game changed my life. 

Message 2 of 23 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7583 posts

Jan 14, 2012

Lithograph wrote:

I have to say that I also really wanted a remastered version. I'm sure that financial incentive drives the desire to do that or not, but Some HD KZ1 with trophy support would have sealed the deal for me. I'm not sure I'll spring for the same game that I still have on my shelf. (I also have the 60GB still, so I can play the old one.) Maybe for some MP or something, but otherwise I'll probably pass.

My dream though is a remastered (or just upscaled) Killzone Liberation for the PS3 store. I know the logistics of that aren't great, but that game changed my life. 

A KZL for the PS3 would deff be kewl I never got a chance to play that KZ game not having a PSP.

Message 3 of 23 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2570 posts

Jan 15, 2012

I'm really shocked by the treatment Sony's decided to place on KZ1. I mean with no HD upgrade or trophy support? Come on! KZ1 sold over 2mill copies. I think (not sure) that's more than Ico did but ICO and SotC both got proper treaments? For me, this game was the best FPS I had ever played last gen and before the whiners talk about glitches and buggs, if you're a gamer you know exactly what I mean cause I'm talking about the core mechanics of the game.

If this is done for people who didn't play KZ1 back in the day then what's the point? Back then KZ1 was slaughtered by haters cause they feared it was a true competition for Halo in the future so why would they care? No, it's the fans that made it possible for a KZ2 & KZ3 that would buy this game but with no support for it w/ any upgrades, why would I buy it? This makes no bloody sense! It's like Sony's going down a road w/ MS mindset when it comes to recent games. JUST STOP IT! Take care of the people who took care of you instead of cutting corners to bring in new potential $$ from people who don't give a darn about you.

Message 4 of 23 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
415 posts

Jan 15, 2012

Here's an original KZ ad Ahhh memories!

I agree its a shame its not remastered in HD. Maybe they just want to test the water - see how many people would be interested in KZ before they go to the trouble of remastering it?

http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/4656269

^^I've done a thread about KZ on the PSN store in the PSN section ^^

Aloha!

BluMakaira by S0UTHERN_C0MF0RT

Message 5 of 23 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1889 posts

Jan 15, 2012

I remember those Killzone ads. Man, I loved that game. Especially multiplayer games at maps like Park Terminal and Beach Head. Awesome times back then.

Message 6 of 23 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7583 posts

Jan 16, 2012

Lithograph wrote:

I remember those Killzone ads. Man, I loved that game. Especially multiplayer games at maps like Park Terminal and Beach Head. Awesome times back then.

Yea no question about you simply can't stack Next-Gen titles with the Classics of the PS2.

Message 7 of 23 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6086 posts

Jan 16, 2012

Remastered is a must! Ah man i remember playing Kz1 like it was yesterday! Sucks that its only a ported and not HD upgrade! Such a shame would have loved it! Sales would have hit the roof i know a lot of people who are interested in playing kz1 after playing that masterpiece Kz2

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Message 8 of 23 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7641 posts

Jan 22, 2012

I never played the first KZ, I really really hope the port still has online capabilites. I would really love to give the multiplayer a go.

Sig by nuno
Message 10 of 23 (222 Views)
0 Likes