17 replies 499 views Edited Sep 6, 2012
Message 1 of 18 (499 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6509 posts

Re: Killzone getting HD love...lol.

Sep 6, 2012

xNOFXx wrote:

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/killzone_trilogy/b/ps3/archive/2012/09/06/sony-announces-killer-hd...

yes its been said.. many more are coming too.. So  i think more of a  wait and see

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 2 of 18 (494 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3108 posts

Sep 7, 2012

SOCOM HD has got to be next.  It's super top secret and maybe they will release it the same day they announce it.  I bet these forums would be very busy if that happened huh.

Message 3 of 18 (437 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4253 posts

Sep 7, 2012

Seems the made kz1 HD fast because it was original only gonna come to psn as a ps2 game a couple months ago.

Message 4 of 18 (429 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3381 posts

Sep 7, 2012

Execrate wrote:

Seems the made kz1 HD fast because it was original only gonna come to psn as a ps2 game a couple months ago.

Yea, I  gotta agree that was pretty fast / surprising.  Although for Killzone HD they DIDN'T include the ONLINE multiplayer which was in the original... this HD remake of the 1st one will only have single player (and splitscreen OFFLINE "multiplayer" which the original had as well).

So yea, maybe that's why the game got remade in HD pretty quickly.... buteven without online though, the remake of Killzone in HD seems to have been made VERY quickly.  I think one of the factors is that  Geurilla Games is a **bleep** good developer.  Anyone who has played Killzone 3 knows how well they have mastered the PS3's power...  And even killzone 1 on the PS1 was very well known for being a game that pushed the PS1 graphically like few other games did.

Lets hope SONY is already working on the socom remakes... because to REmake THREE ONLINE games and make them work on a different online system is the hardest part I'd say... giving the games HD graphics is easy compared to reworking the crazy online setup / options those old games had.  They COULD be possibly making only 1 of the games online... or more likely putting all the games on the same server somehow and letting you choose"socom 1, 2 or 3" as a sort of OPTION when you'r'e making a room in this new socom "HD online" hybrid of all 3 game's online as one.

=====oo7PorscheMGS=====

"Men do less than they ought, unless they do all that they can." ~ Thomas Carlyle.

*** PS: People who camp a loss because they are too AFRAID to come out and FIGHT... people that don't RUSH over to HELP when their TEAMMATES are in a gunfight, and people who BACK OUT when they encounter a CHALLENGE and LEAVE their CLAN / FRIENDS behind in a room disadvantaged.... shouldn't be playing TEAM games, because they obviously don't know what the word TEAM is all about. REAL gamers+teammates+friends only please.***
Message 5 of 18 (420 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4253 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 18, 2012

Look what some modders have done. If a small team can do this for free why have we not gotten socom HD.

I watched videos I would buy that game right now. It  played the original and they have done amazing work.

Hopefully valve buys it from them and other people will try remaking games.

http://pc.mmgn.com/Articles/black-mesa-setting-the-bar-for-hd-remake

That new walking dead game adds each episode into the game as you buy. They should put each socom story and each MP on the store $15 each and you can pick what you want or $60 for all.

Message 6 of 18 (326 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
38 posts

Sep 18, 2012

Not trying to be negative here, but even if they make a socom hd collection for the psn what if it doesn't have online, then all that hype would have been for nothing, and I too would be **bleep**.

Message 7 of 18 (317 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4253 posts

Sep 18, 2012

They would be insane to do that lol

Message 8 of 18 (315 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16881 posts

Sep 18, 2012

Execrate wrote:

They would be insane to do that lol

this is sony and socom we are talking about here.   i would call it very likely. 

Photobucket
Message 9 of 18 (312 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4253 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 18, 2012

After seeing that game with the animals running everywhere I won't put anything past them.

I like alot of games so I am not to worried. A Ghost , Rainbow , or socom HD has to happen.

Unrelated but killer instinct remake is rumored!!!!!!!

Message 10 of 18 (306 Views)
0 Likes