Jan 12 2012
By: SyntaxError101 First Son 3 posts

Killzone (PS2 Classic) Support Online?

[ Edited ]
6 replies 644 views Edited Nov 8, 2012

Unfortunately I can no longer play Killzone due to my 60GB PS3’s recent demise and since the Slim PS3 doesn’t support emulation I can no longer play my PS2 copy. With the recent news of Killzone being released as a PlayStation 2 Classic I’m curious if the online multiplayer be included as well? As far as I know the Killzone servers are still up and since this is just a port wouldn’t the online work as well? I wouldn't mind buying Killzone for $9.99 for the purposes of nostalgia. Can anyone confirm or deny or even care to speculate if the online mode of the original Killzone will be included in the PSN version?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (644 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
7485 posts

Re: Killzone (PS2 Classic) Support Online?

Jan 13, 2012

Sure would be nice for GG to release a Killzone PS2 HD with online and Trophy Support. Doesn't look like it's gunna happen tho. I actually like KZ1 more than KZ2 Or KZ3. It would the best Killzone game in my opinion.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (644 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
415 posts

Jan 15, 2012

http://community.us.playstation.com/thread/4656269

^^I've done a thread about KZ on the PSN store in the PSN section ^^

Aloha!

BluMakaira by S0UTHERN_C0MF0RT

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (644 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jan 17, 2012

Alright guys, I’m here to confront the Elephant in the Room. Does anyone know if Killzone as a PS2 Classic will support the original PS2 online component or will it be cut? Yes I know we would all prefer that it was remastered in HD with trophy support but that’s an unlikely scenario. For the moment it’s a PS2 Classic an emulated port of a PlayStation 2 game what you see is what you get, anything more is wishful thinking.

The implementation of the original Killzone online is what may decide whether I buy it or not. I’d love to be able to hop on Killzone with my friends again for a laugh but I don’t want to spend $9.99 to find out I’m wrong. So I put the question forward will Killzone (PS2 Classic) support the original PS2 online component? Hopefully by January 24th someone will be able to answer this question, I'd really like to know.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (644 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
70 posts

Jan 24, 2012

I actually already have KZ1, but my slim PS3 wont play it. Oh how I miss my fat shiny PS3

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (644 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

Jan 26, 2012

nah they cut it from this version that were supposed to get but it will have split screen which doesnt do any good but alteast its something to keep the replayability up

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (644 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
7485 posts

Jan 26, 2012

Reaver1333 wrote:

nah they cut it from this version that were supposed to get but it will have split screen which doesnt do any good but alteast its something to keep the replayability up

Splitscreen will suffice.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (644 Views)
0 Likes