Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 10 2011
By: Offensive_Jerk First Son 19 posts

Helghast question; Why the masks on Helgan?

8 replies 602 views Edited Mar 10, 2011

So from what I read, the Helghast have adapted to the toxic air of Helgan.

So why do the Helghast wear breathers on their own planet, and the humans do not require them in KZ2?

Message 1 of 9 (602 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: Helghast question; Why the masks on Helgan?

Mar 10, 2011

Because the helghast are sissy's.

Message 2 of 9 (602 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4088 posts

Mar 10, 2011

It just became a symbol of their society. That and I'm sure that even though they have adapted to normal conditions, a harsh storm could still lead to some lung burn or something

Custard - Smacked On Your Gob!
Deus Ex Trout
Message 3 of 9 (602 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15117 posts

Mar 10, 2011

I asked motherh why the ISA didn't have any sort of apparatus when they invaded and I think the explanation was something like this:

So you know how in the early KZ2 trailers the VO was like "This was supposed to be a quick job. Get in. Capture Visari. Get out. Minimal enemy resistance". So the ISA were expecting to not be on Helghan for all that long. Not long enough to get any dangerous effects on the troops.

As for why certain Helghast don't need the apparatus and why some do where it? Well I'd imagine that they would have evolved so to speak in so that their bodies can survive on their own. Like Heckler said, the mask is more of a symbol then anything anymore.

In KZ3 you'll notice though that some of the high council have things like oxygen tubes going to their nose. I think that's probably a sort of "I'm super wealthy and don't need to wear masks" type deal.

If you'll notice though, Stahl smokes throughout the game. A bit odd considering how risky it is to even breath the regular air on Helghan? That's very much in tune with his character I think. He's a very wealthy business man and can enjoy such "luxuries" as smoking. He can probably afford the very best treatments to prevent lung burn.

Message 4 of 9 (602 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1312 posts

Mar 14, 2011

heckler82 wrote:

It just became a symbol of their society. That and I'm sure that even though they have adapted to normal conditions, a harsh storm could still lead to some lung burn or something

U Mad?

This ^^^^^. The awesome gasmask and Red eyes become a proud symbol  towards the might of thier GREAT AND TERRIBLE ARMY, FOR WHICH WITH WE  WILL CRUSH THOSE ISA DOGS!!

*Cough, cough* However I don't know why ISA troops  lack masks, like said it may take awhile for there to be side effects  from Helghen air; still sounds like something I'd bring along.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 5 of 9 (602 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
28040 posts

Mar 21, 2011

Their atmosphere still isn't anythign to boast about...especially if they have to breath it daily.

Get your Portable ID! | Killer Bees on the Swarm
Message 6 of 9 (602 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6970 posts

Mar 21, 2011

GrimtheAgent wrote:

heckler82 wrote:

U Mad?

This ^^^^^. The awesome gasmask and Red eyes become a proud symbol  towards the might of thier GREAT AND TERRIBLE ARMY, FOR WHICH WITH WE  WILL CRUSH THOSE ISA DOGS!!

*Cough, cough* However I don't know why ISA troops  lack masks, like said it may take awhile for there to be side effects  from Helghen air; still sounds like something I'd bring along.

Well the ISA puppets in their vast plnning and preperation thought the Helghast nation would roll over and allow for their people to be conquered. Also the ISA thought their cruisers were be exempt from Helghast might so they coud always retun their if the atmosphere was to strong for them.

Photobucket
Message 7 of 9 (602 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
49 posts

Nov 10, 2012
The masks are awesome especially the scientist(medic)
Message 8 of 9 (582 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
291 posts

Dec 28, 2012

Some Helghast have evolved more than others those that were mask are most likely poor Helghast that have burnt/unhealthy lungs they don't have the money or power like of the Helghan Aristocracy who can afford better mask or live not around unhealty air, since most of those poor Helghans are miners.

In Killzone 1/HD you'll notice Elite Helghast/Soldiers have no mask or have mask that don't need a tube, this would be an indicator that thier lungs weren't that bad so they had better shot at higher rank because of thier higher survivability, and an higher evolution.

ISA/Vetkans can survive because the planet has been terraformed abit by the Helghast, and probably have some type of inoculation shots that help them survive longer.

Message 9 of 9 (518 Views)
0 Likes