Hekseville Citizen
394 posts

Re: so far all reviews are WORSE than kz2.

Feb 4, 2011

TheBIG_Lebowski wrote:

X-FLIP-X wrote:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/killzone-3/critic-reviews

So far it has a score of 87 out of 100 on metacritic out of 19 critic reviews (17 being positive, 2 being mixed). I'd say that's pretty darn good.

Yup same as every ones holy grail of FPS COD BO.  So must be a great  game to me if BO is so terrible.  Wait its way better, im sure that  hello kitty fun time adventures is better than BO.

Sound like sombody is butthurt about some low review scores. Judging from the open beta so far, Black ops is better..........

Message 61 of 87 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1546 posts

Feb 4, 2011

I know, yeah even though they have gotten the game early and all, but I still dont think they should review the game weeks before the game comes out. Anyways I myself hardly take reviews seriously, If It interestes me I'll give it a shot and If I know the game well (Like I have played previous installments) I'll pick it up without hesitation......... thats when I make my own review.

Message 62 of 87 (11 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Feb 4, 2011

LOl you want everything taken off the game

GG should make a special game for  a perfectist like you

sensitivity at 100

0 weight. 1 gun that and 1 wall.

nah but seriously basicly all you're doing is going by what the reviewers are saying. You have a brain make your own opinion

Personally i had high expectation but Kz3 actually suprassed them

*Addicted*

Message 63 of 87 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7534 posts

Feb 4, 2011

Someone hasn't seen the GameTrailers review... Quite possibly one of the ONLY decent mainstream gaming sources still around.

You're a troll.

Message 64 of 87 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
272 posts

Feb 4, 2011

Arcadian_Rebel wrote:

bLAz3d-511 wrote:

so every review so far is worse than kz2.  i think GG should just let this franchise die and start a completely new one from scratch.

what surprises me is that i was thinking that kz3 would have a better story and less of the stuttering load screens that plagued part two, but its still here but worse.

the multiplayer is worse than kz2 also.  controls are faster, but still not as good as most other shooters, because of the weird acceleration.

the bots (engineer,airbot,medic bot)  are stupid, and should of been taking out of the game.

since i played the beta in october, the game left a bad taste in my mouth, but i was almost certain single player would be better, but i guess not.

at least i didnt hype myself up this time.

anyways the hardcore kz fanboys will defend this game to the death.  besides kz2, i dont think GG had any good games.

Did you forget this is the B-E-T-A?  And what reviews?  Xbox-loving IGN?  There are still three weeks to go until release!

uhh what are you talking about?  they have the retail version of the game.  btw and its not just ign. lol

Message 65 of 87 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9679 posts

Feb 4, 2011

DEMOLITION_D wrote:

Someone hasn't seen the GameTrailers review... Quite possibly one of the ONLY decent mainstream gaming sources still around.

You're a troll.

DEMOLITION D

I've always loved gametrailers reviews the most. Theyare very honest and give credit where credit is due.

Message 66 of 87 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
632 posts

Feb 4, 2011

This is why I have taken an extremely long hiatus from online message boards. New releases/games soon be released are constantly bashed by other gamers who feel that their opinion is supreme and just. I'm not sure what they're trying to prove; maybe that we should all play the games they enjoy and feel are the new 'definitive' titles of the respected genres. I think that KZ3 is very impressive and the gameplay has made great strides from previous installments. For one, the hit detection and control systems are much better (Thank you Guerrilla!). The skill point and unlockables give the game even more replayability than KZ2, this gives me even more incentive to grind and rank up personally. Lastly the graphics are simply stellar and nothing short of amazing.

For all the gamers who claim they love FPS' but always complain about new titles whom break away from the norm of the CoD style. If you cannot appreciate what is at the core of the game and what makes if refreshing and new....then don't play it, Simply stick to CoD and refrain from playing anything else. Sluggish controls and gritty gunplay are what defines the KZ series, and the game incorporates a level of teamwork some games can only hope to achieve. I am not a KZ fanboy, I'm merely a gamer who appreciates new and innovative ideas. This game is fun and I will enjoy playing it for months to come, I'll see you guys on the battlefield.

Message 67 of 87 (11 Views)
PlayStation MVP
26405 posts

Feb 4, 2011

Ghost_Shrimp wrote:

People really need to stop caring so much about reviews. How about you actually play the game and formulate your own opinions instead of just taking some writer's opinion? Reviews are only good for the information, the scores they give are completely subjective.

Anyway my opinion of the betas so far is that it kind of sucks. The maps are small, the "perks" are mostly pointless and stupid, there aren't very many guns and there is barely any customization. The gameplay is just lame corridor shooting and the aiming still feels like a chore that I can't get used to. The melee is very badass but also annoying. Knowing that this game will have only 8 maps makes me feel like the full multiplayer will have very little substance. Here's hoping the singleplayer will be awesome and not the same old linear shooter campaign I've played 200 times.

The Killzone theme and this game engine seem like they have a ton of potential but I don't think GG is getting very much out of it. Your idea of them making a new franchise sounds like a great plan to me.

For a lot of people it's too difficult for them to do that. They wait for an idea to be thrown out into the wild, and then they "agree" with it, saying "yeah, that's right! I can totally see that". Or words to that effect.

A review is just one person's opinion. And that's all it is, an OPINION. It's not the final word on anything, though some seem to think it is.

Message 68 of 87 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
578 posts

Feb 4, 2011

op:

http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/2305/hemadl.jpg

Message 69 of 87 (11 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
326 posts

Feb 5, 2011

KZ2 was so good because it was the first Killzone on the PS3, no one ever played anything like it. Killzone 1 wasn't anything like Kz2. Now that everyone has played Kz2, Kz3 wont be as exciting because it is still fimiliar. Only small changes can happen now from Kz2 to Kz3 and people will either love it or hate it. I dont blame GG for going the safer COD route to gain more attention and generate better sales. They dont have anything more to offer the Kz2 fan base.

Message 70 of 87 (11 Views)
0 Likes