Fender Bender
4131 posts

Re: so far all reviews are WORSE than kz2.

Feb 6, 2011

hj006 wrote:

I guess hybrids are very popular nowadays.

..you mean, like MAG (after the patching), and KZ2 (after the patching).. Doesn't seem like rip-offs are very popular at all, specially on the ps3.

MrMean wrote:

K2 was reviewed at a time were 10's were being handed out like water for many games...

..uh.. "The PS3 has no games", remember? "KZ2 is no Halo Killer". If you read Gaf at the time, you'd be surprised the game scored at all. Half of the reviews for KZ2 were hate-rants, with reviewers being mad that the game didn't turn up on xbox. And it still managed about the highest score for any ps3 game until then.

Please use plain text.
Message 81 of 87 (30 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5336 posts

Feb 6, 2011

bLAz3d-511 wrote:

so every review so far is worse than kz2.  i think GG should just let this franchise die and start a completely new one from scratch.

what surprises me is that i was thinking that kz3 would have a better story and less of the stuttering load screens that plagued part two, but its still here but worse.

the multiplayer is worse than kz2 also.  controls are faster, but still not as good as most other shooters, because of the weird acceleration.

the bots (engineer,airbot,medic bot)  are stupid, and should of been taking out of the game.

since i played the beta in october, the game left a bad taste in my mouth, but i was almost certain single player would be better, but i guess not.

at least i didnt hype myself up this time.

anyways the hardcore kz fanboys will defend this game to the death.  besides kz2, i dont think GG had any good games.

"every review is worse than KZ2" now that's where I stopped reading. Why would you say something so stupid, so immediately in your OP? at least try to keep the stupidity out of the first line.

Anyway, 'every' review isn't worse than KZ2, the average of all the review scores, is worse than KZ2s average of all it's review scores, is I can only presume what you intended to say. Either way, I wouldn't let reviewers influence your decision significantly. You have a beta at your fingertips. If you enjoy it, buy the game, if you don't, don't buy the game.

You don't like the beta. That's fair enough. I can respect someone's opinion, and you don't enjoy it, therefore even if the review scores indicated it was the best game on earth, you shouldn't buy it. You seem like a person that's very easily influenced, based on what you've shared here anyway.

Also I don't think lashing out at the 'hardcore kz fanboys' is necessary. The game has an 87 metacritic, whilst not as good as KZ2, it's very respectable for any game to achieve. It still makes it one of the best FPSs, out on PS3. I'd say it should definitely be a game that all fans of shooters, should at least try.

Please use plain text.
Message 82 of 87 (30 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5336 posts

Feb 6, 2011

Edin99 wrote:

play the game for yourself and you review it.. there is no need to read 2 page reviews of crappy journalism.....

edin99 Trophy Card

Nothing wrong with reviews man. Not that they should be the basis of ones opinion, but they can make an enjoyable read, and there's plenty of quality (ie non 'crappy') journalism out there.

Destructoid put out a nice KZ3 review, I believe. Well, Jim Sterlings reviews are usually interesting anyway.

Please use plain text.
Message 83 of 87 (30 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
13471 posts

Feb 6, 2011

well, i double check..

and well.. Killzone 3 review score  do indeed  is lower than Killzone 2 review score..

for reviews. i posted in my previous post..

the game is not even out yet.. so play the full game and then see how it is..

since even me..  after playing the beta.. eh. it's a rental.. not a purchase.. maybe a purchase when the online is properly tweaked

use "QUOTE" when replying to another user .TOP RIGHT of the reply box
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
PS3 and PSP owner.. yes. i still play the LAST gen systems.
DO NOT WANT YOUR PS4??? I'LL PAY YOU $50 FOR IT..
Please use plain text.
Message 84 of 87 (30 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Feb 7, 2011

I feel bad for people who buy FPS games for "Story", I've never seen a FPS with a great story.

Please use plain text.
Message 85 of 87 (30 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
93 posts

Feb 8, 2011

lol this game was hyped to death, and now the story is worse than it was in part 2?  even the gametrailers review said that the story was underwhelming.

anyways i dont care too much about the story, and was looking forward to the mp. 

i was in the psn+ beta, and now im currently playing the demo.

seriously did GG even listen to anyone in the closed beta?  the capture points are still pretty lame, and now they added silenced weapons? 

the MP is worse than kz2 in my opinion. 

Please use plain text.
Message 86 of 87 (30 Views)
Splicer
93 posts

Feb 8, 2011

DEMOLITION_D wrote:

Someone hasn't seen the GameTrailers review... Quite possibly one of the ONLY decent mainstream gaming sources still around.

You're a troll.

DEMOLITION D

the same review that bashed the single player story?

Please use plain text.
Message 87 of 87 (30 Views)
0 Likes