Hi I'm KZ_VIP Dubbinenglish. You might remember me from such threads as HIGG-A-THON '10 THE E3 THREAD OF DA KING HAS ARRIVED and DUBB, KING OF ALL ATTRACTIVE MEN AND MY HERO: A LOVE LETTER TO DUBB. I'm here to talk to your about GAMESCOM '10. More specifically I'm here to further educate you about the amazing hero of the forums and the universe MotherH. While we celebrate the EPAK news of gamescom I hope to provide you with drastic and dramatic insight into the man, the myth, the H: MotherH.
Now for some MOTHERH HISTORY
The history of MotherH can be traced back to the very dawn of mankind and the world itself. The history starts back to what scientists refer to as the "Big Bang," but thanks to the MotherH history books we now know that is era was a great struggle for mankind with the invasion of the Space Krakken. When the Space Krakken descended its great tentacles on the Earth mankind thought the world it knew was sure doomed by suction. From the great city of Atlantis rose one hero to challenge the Space Krakken and free mankind from its mythic tentacles, the nameless hero.
The Nameless Hero used his sheer power of epic thrust himself into the great void of space to fight the Cosmic Krakken with his sword of power. For 300 years the battle ensued above the clouds as blow by blow the Space Krakken and Nameless Hero were worn from battle until eventually the Space Krakken gave way to the Nameless Hero. The Nameless Hero thrust his sword of power into the Space Krakken's nuclear reactor and a massive explosion gripped the world. In the blast the dinosaurs were extinct and Atlantis sunk to the bottom of the ocean. From the nuclear winter when all Mankind lost hope there was one man that emerged from the veil of light, Seb Downie. The existing humans began to call the great hero "MotherH" and even erected a stone temple of him in the northern islands of the world.
As time progressed and MotherH game man the industrial revolution and the technological age, Motherh grew bored of his omnipotence and decided he will take refuge under a human form and work at a small converted bank for a new studio "Guerilla Games." It was there that in a meeting to name project "Kin" MotherH rose to the top of tables spilling water jugs and proclaimed, "THIS GAME WILL BE NAMED KILLZONE!!!." The rest is history.
Over time MotherH adaopted a symbol for the people to associate him with, it started as an "S" then a bat in a yellow oval, and then finally MotherH decided on a mustachio man riding two pigs. Now mere mortals may question this insignia but let me tell you the reasoning of it as shown in the MotherH history books. The mustache symbolozoes manlyness in its purest form and power, question those who cannot grow one. The top hat is the knowledge of the world contained in the mind of MotherH. The two pigs represent mankind before the Space Krakken (BSK) and after the Space Krakken (ASK).
Why does this apply to Cthulhu? Well at one point in history man tried to usurp MotherH and man being feeble and weak tried without end. MotherH wanted to prove to man that he was the most powerful being in the universe so he decided to sqaush the rebellsion while eating some pasta. When he apporached with noodles in mouth he murmured, "I see you." Man only hearing the pasta talking screamed "IT CALLS ITSELF CTHULHU!!" Thus, Cthulhu was born.
KZ3 Gamescom News
Coming into GAMESCOM is one thing on most people's mind...Multiplayer. Gamescom looks to be the reveal of what KZ3 will offer in the MP arena.
"Fresh from gamescom, a 26-strong fact blast on Guerrilla's latest Killzone sequel!
* There are three game modes: Warzone, Operations, and Guerrilla Warfare. Operations is brand new.
* It's all about your play style, everyone from casual to veteran can play.
* There are colossal and immersive experiences that only the PS3 can offer.
* Rewritten matchmaking system. Now easier to find friends.
* Specific rewards. There's always something to earn no matter how many times you play the same level.
* Bots are bigger and better than ever before.
* Stay with your friends going game to game. There's just three simple and straightforward to getting into each multiplayer game.
* There's now a squad priority headset channel.
* There's now a squad member HUD.
* There are special squad rewards.
* The multiplayer is designed to be immersive and story driven!
Entirely Reworked Career System
* There asre five different careers/classes.
* There are six weapons per career.
* You can rank up and earn unlock points to select abilities and weapons.
New Medic Class Abilities
* The Medic has been revamped. Has a protector bot that follows him around.
* The Medic special ability called 'Survive Bleed Out'. He Can respawn right where he died.
Tactical Spawn Points
* New tactical spawn points can be claimed by Tacticians. These allow your team to spawn in better locations. Extremely useful on bigger maps and for ambushing/rushing to weapons. These can be claimed back by the other team if not held.
Spotlight Your Character
* If you score the most points/are the most valuable team member, your multiplayer character features in the cut-scenes so everyone knows it was you.
* Explosive events now affect entire levels. EMP that kills all jet packs etc. Nerve gas that blocks off certain areas of map.
* Full 3D and Move support. No compromises for multiplayer.
* Fully integrated community website.
* Track friends' news first.
* Contribute to the Killzone franchise.
* Track rewards.
* Clans and tournaments are back - bigger and better than ever.
* Unranked practice games are included."
taken inside gamescom
now is it just me, or does that look like you're inside the walker on the tv screen?
maybe its a new walker, the hand positioning just looks almost the same as the walker in kz2
im probably wrong, but it does look similar, unless someone else has a better idea of what it might be