Jan 21 2011
By: aquastorm I Only Post Everything 1185 posts

Killzone series is mediocre at best!

29 replies 109 views Edited Jan 21, 2011

You're all spazzing out because you're disappointed that KZ 3 will release with only 8 multiplayer maps?  This series has always been a letdown since the first Killzone was dubbed a Halo killer and then it release and was just an average very drab looking shooter. 

Killzone 2 was the exact same situation just another average shooter that was EXTREMELY drab looking with levels that all looked very similar.  Why are you people waiting for Killzone to all of a sudden be this amazing shooter when that's never going to happen. 

This Killzone will be just like all the others.. It will release and will fail to make any impact in the console shooter world.  This series has been mediocre since the start. 

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 30 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1546 posts

Re: Killzone series is mediocre at best!

Jan 21, 2011

So basically your basing this game off graphics or what & Im sorry but have you even played any Killzone game?

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 30 (109 Views)
Lombax Warrior
147 posts

Jan 21, 2011

What was the point of making this thread? Because what your saying is just opinion. The facts are were all the reviews and rewards are as well as the huge fanbase it has.

....And this is my Signature =O...
Tech: PS3 Slim 260GB HDD, 26in Insignia 1080p, Playstation Move
Games: MW2, U2, RB3, MNR, Mag, BFBC2, Sports Champions, MoH, DR2...
Future Wanted Games: Socom 4, KZ3, LBP2, The Fight, CoD BO (Maybe), R3, Heroes on the Move, Sly Collection, All 4 One...

PS3 60GB early adopter!!! -- YLOD :'(
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 30 (109 Views)
Fender Bender
2903 posts

Jan 21, 2011

Come on people, don't take the bait!  This is the lamest attempt to spark debate.  Let this crap thread die with only 3 responses.  Mine being the last, please!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 30 (109 Views)
Sackboy
475 posts

Jan 21, 2011

Really? medicore? I suppose having some of the best in game physics and animations doesn't calculate into your opinion. Like mybro92 said how mcuh time have you actually spent with a killzone?

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 30 (109 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1185 posts

Jan 21, 2011

SKACMAN wrote:

Really? medicore? I suppose having some of the best in game physics and animations doesn't calculate into your opinion. Like mybro92 said how mcuh time have you actually spent with a killzone?

I own and played through the KZ2 campaign and played some of the MP as well.  All of the maps have this extremely muted pallete to them.  All browns, grays and greens or whatever.  The entire game looks like someone turned the contrast down to 0.  Every map has the exact same feeeling as the previous one which makes the game feel like one big hazy blur. 

The controls were VERY unresponsive and sluggish in KZ2 as well.  The story was a total joke and completely insulting with it's blatant use of dropping F bombs every 5 seconds in a desperate attempt to seem "cool".  I haven't even mentioned yet the lack of variety in the enemy types.  There are like 2 or 3 different enemy types in the entire game?  Seriously.. This game is VERY mediocre and you know it. 

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 30 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1546 posts

Jan 21, 2011

Well you were on a planet called Helghan which is basically a wasteland of destruction (due to the ISA attackes and conditions of the planet, dont expect to be on a beach with the sun hitting off your face). Also from I see your just basing a whole franchise off of one game, which is rather foolish. No offense but you honestly should go and play Killzone 1 and Liberation and then come back.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 30 (109 Views)
Sackboy
578 posts

Jan 21, 2011
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 30 (109 Views)
Sackboy
475 posts

Jan 21, 2011

aquastorm wrote:

SKACMAN wrote:

I own and played through the KZ2 campaign and played some of the MP as well.  All of the maps have this extremely muted pallete to them.  All browns, grays and greens or whatever.  The entire game looks like someone turned the contrast down to 0.  Every map has the exact same feeeling as the previous one which makes the game feel like one big hazy blur. 

The controls were VERY unresponsive and sluggish in KZ2 as well.  The story was a total joke and completely insulting with it's blatant use of dropping F bombs every 5 seconds in a desperate attempt to seem "cool".  I haven't even mentioned yet the lack of variety in the enemy types.  There are like 2 or 3 different enemy types in the entire game?  Seriously.. This game is VERY mediocre and you know it. 

Killzone is far from medicore and I know it, I have been playing games for along time now and Killzone is a nice change of pace. The controls were fine, anyone who complained about the controls were gamers who wanted a COD clone and couldn't adapt to a different style. So you died a lot and it had to be the controls fault right? As far as the bland statement, I don't know what you want in your "warzone" experiance, but you can leave the rainbows out of mine... it had the intended look that one would expect from those environments...

Either way you have your opinion no matter how wrong it maybe.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 30 (109 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
380 posts

Jan 21, 2011

Anyhow KZ2 is still the best looking FPS around. I like KZ series and dont think it is medicore. Its a kool game. KZ3 may change things for you. Try it. 8 maps is not a lot. But it is not too little either. 12 maps would have been great.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 30 (109 Views)
0 Likes