Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
1567 posts

Re: Killzone 4: What we need

[ Edited ]
Feb 24, 2013

Do GG still post on these forums?

If I even get the slightest hint that this game is going to be anything like KZ3 I'm already avoiding it like the plague..

If I start hearing the same phrases from GGs mouth in the pre relrease interviews that doomed KZ3 for me like..

'Casual audience', 'lowering the threshold'  'broadening the accessibility', 'balancing the controls so move and DS4 can play together' and anything else that sounds like all they are doing is selling out.. then they can count me out already..

If move can play online with ds4 I'm out. I'm not even going to bother jumping on the hype train this time..

Why add move to a game thats 18 rated? Why dumb down a game thats 18 rated? Why purposely design a game simplifing everything chasing an audience who arent able to buy the game? Its mainly the hardened gamer that picks up a console on release day anyway.

Dumbing stuff down does not equal more sales.. adding novelty items does not equal more sales.. GG should have learnt first hand with that..

KZ2 sold more than KZ3.. and when you think how many more playstation owners there was in the world compared to when KZ2 launched in 2009 compared to KZ3 2 years later in 2011.. double? 20, 30 million maybe? and a sequal to a game with a much bigger name everyone had heard of,  where as when KZ2 released not many would have heard or rememberd kz1.. I think it says it all.

And most importantly they need to make an online that works.. dont dumb that down either.. read up on online gaming and the effects of ping.. and dont pretend they have invented a system that doesnt matter what ping you have.. Its no fun playing a game that doesnt work, so dont design it not to work just cos thats the way it has to be.. it doesnt.. think outside the box.. dont just sheep along.

Nothing turns gamers away faster than a frustratingly broke online that the devs spent more effort on trying to mask the issues than reducing the issues as as far as they are willing to think its the only way.

Who purposely designs something that they know cant work? Just as long as it sort looks like it works..?

Message 41 of 46 (482 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Mar 5, 2013

yeah, gg cashed my raincheck with kz3 and i won't be giving them another one. as you i will be looking into kz4 mp to check if they're back on track or have sold out once again.

btw, for me what made me realize kz3 was going to be garbage was a clip i saw at the very begining of the hype train. it was the mp gameplay of a tact running around with an lmg as primary, vc9 as secondary and he had this thing that marked every enemy on the map with big blue crosses. it was obvious right there that kz3 was going to be a very different animal than kz2 and not for the better :smileysad:

Message 42 of 46 (412 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
374 posts

Mar 8, 2013

Dedicated Servers is what we need. Killzone 3 matchmaking sucks with all the empty lobbies...

There also is a reason most of us play Killzone, and not CoD. It's simple, we don't want to play CoD. Don't make your games more like CoD GG!

Message 43 of 46 (397 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1908 posts

May 23, 2013

Would just like to bump this to remind GG that this still rings true, and if you need time to balance the MP do it, its one of the core things that will decide how well this game does!

Photobucket
Message 44 of 46 (278 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Jul 17, 2013

All things considered, Infiltrator is one of the more garbage features i've seen in an FPS.

It's up there with the Gunship in BF3, and the UMP w/ akimbo FMG's in MW2.

Message 45 of 46 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4119 posts

Aug 6, 2013

it needs to bring back lobbies

Message 46 of 46 (186 Views)
0 Likes