Why can't i make a discussion ??

photo 4fc81dda-42ac-43fc-8fa0-797ea986ead1_zpsd00221f5.jpg
Message 11 of 46 (546 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2869 posts

Re: Killzone 4: What we need

Nov 27, 2011

Don't forget being able to spawn on the squad leader. Removing that was one of the bigger mistakes in KZ3, I think it was worse than taking out the spawn grenades because it took away the benefit of being in a squad. The clan system and tournament system from KZ2 needs to make a comeback too.

A big change might be welcome too though. I'm not sure if I would rather have GG try to bring back KZ2 or try to remake the game into something different like the changes made from warhawk to starhawk.

Message 12 of 46 (546 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1470 posts

Nov 27, 2011

nice list man i hope we get at least a few of those things

Message 13 of 46 (546 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2922 posts

Nov 29, 2011

Bring back heavy controls? Hmm... well aslong as I can keep playing with the Sharpshooter, since it is a "heavy" control, haaaaaaaaaaaa.

Metallica Pinball Sig photo LONG-LIVE-PLAY-METALLICA-PINBALL_zps397a82cb.jpg
Gameplay -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzxc59Y6GcA
Message 14 of 46 (546 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Dec 12, 2011

Edge magazind did an interview with GG recently where they said that there working on a new killzone title (they didn't say it would be K4 specificly) they also said there expanding there studio from 150-200 people so they can work on there new IP and the new killzone game at the same time. Here's a artical another website posted about it, (I couldn't find the actual interview online anywhere) ...

The latest issue of EDGE magazine brings word that Guerrilla Games is hard at work on a brand new chapter of the Killzone series, which is not yet being called Killzone 4. Series producer Steven Ter Heide is said to be on board as director this time around.

Studio recruiter Adrian Smith is quoted as saying, "We've got to continue the Killzone franchise" in the magazine.

Guerrilla is also working on a brand new IP, while Studio Cambridge is bringing a Killzone game to the PlayStation Vita. There is also speculation that whatever the next Killzone chapter is, it might be prepped for the PlayStation 4 rather than PS3. The idea comes from recent news that one major Sony developer is already working on PS4 content.

Whatever's happening, I've always got time for red-eyed space fascists, so this is cool news!

Message 15 of 46 (546 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1908 posts

Dec 12, 2011

I'm down for KZ4 being a PS4 launch title. They need to take the time to work on how it looks (obviously being a graphical giant) but at the same time experiment a lot with the new hardware. If the PS4 is powerful enough we can get 60 FPS with the graphics that make killzone what it is and blend the best worlds of KZ2/KZ3 and even KZ1.

Photobucket
Message 16 of 46 (544 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
196 posts

Dec 15, 2011

more if they were to blend the best of KZ1 and KZ2. best to leave out KZ3 it will only make matters worst.

Message 17 of 46 (544 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2412 posts

Dec 18, 2011

Well said, Xeno. Let's hope GG decides to listen.

U Got KillzOWNED.
Message 18 of 46 (544 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
195 posts

Jan 29, 2012

Well said!! I Totally agree with everything you said!! KZ2's heavy feel made the game unique and it thats why I liked playing!

This part really stood out

A class should retain its use by catering to what objectives it is needed to complete. A balance of all classes should be the key to a tournament not a reliance on the best class that you can solo the longest with. A person SHOULD be able to change the game by themselves, but by using team oriented abilities like tactican spawns to point people in the right direction NOT offensive oriented ones that support camping and a complete role reversal. Tact DOES need a counter, but it shouldn’t be the marksmens blatantly overlooked abilities. Scan should be a on a new class whose main purpose is to use that ability, but remove the use of popular guns upon it. That way people must choose between a great ability and less effective guns. A class cannot have the best of both words

Also regarding weapons, the Sta 14 did not need a scope (should have been optional IMO)

Six Axis sniping disappeared (It was a detail that made sniping more imersive)

Mortar beacons need to be looked at, I personally think they should be a class specific ability.

C4 should go back to the infiltrator/sabo and players should get the option to have tesla or frag grenades.

I like Brutal Melee, but the range needs to be decreased or it needs to just be used as a quick stealth kill animation (all other melees should be 2 hits IMO)

Message 19 of 46 (544 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
195 posts

Jan 29, 2012

ururler wrote:

Edge magazind did an interview with GG recently where they said that there working on a new killzone title (they didn't say it would be K4 specificly) they also said there expanding there studio from 150-200 people so they can work on there new IP and the new killzone game at the same time. Here's a artical another website posted about it, (I couldn't find the actual interview online anywhere) ...

The latest issue of EDGE magazine brings word that Guerrilla Games is hard at work on a brand new chapter of the Killzone series, which is not yet being called Killzone 4. Series producer Steven Ter Heide is said to be on board as director this time around.

Studio recruiter Adrian Smith is quoted as saying, "We've got to continue the Killzone franchise" in the magazine.

Guerrilla is also working on a brand new IP, while Studio Cambridge is bringing a Killzone game to the PlayStation Vita. There is also speculation that whatever the next Killzone chapter is, it might be prepped for the PlayStation 4 rather than PS3. The idea comes from recent news that one major Sony developer is already working on PS4 content.

Whatever's happening, I've always got time for red-eyed space fascists, so this is cool news!

I wish they would remake Killzone 1... and add some new levels etc.  I also hope they redo Killzone 3 plotwise (maybe Sev was halucinating as a result of the Helghan atmoshpere, or maybe he got captured and it was all som crazy dream...) It would be funny if at the beginning of the remake, we see the last actions of this Killzone 3, and then Sev just wakes up in a Helghan Prison Cell with Rico and Natko. 

Message 20 of 46 (544 Views)
0 Likes