Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 08 2011
By: firabejw First Son 5 posts

Killzone 3 vs. Socom 4

6 replies 474 views Edited Aug 8, 2011

What game should I buy? I have the playstation move and am willing to get the gun accessory for it. Which game has a more fun Campaign/Online Multiplayer?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 7 (474 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
395 posts

Re: Killzone 3 vs. Socom 4

Aug 8, 2011

currently, killzone 3 appears to be dead online (I haven't found a populated match in ages so it's been like 2 on 2s for a while, i'm sure it's not this way if you have an active killzone clan but i may be wrong) I actually just bought socom 4 and although their campaign isn't really drawing me in that much (i've never reallly played socom so i will probably give it more time to see if it grows on me) their online is very solid and a lot of fun once you get the hang of it. so i'd say killzone for the campaign but socom for the multiplayer. Hope that helps man! i play both so you can add me. My psn is the same as my account name

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 7 (474 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
65 posts

Aug 12, 2011

paradigm92 wrote:

currently, killzone 3 appears to be dead online (I haven't found a populated match in ages so it's been like 2 on 2s for a while, i'm sure it's not this way if you have an active killzone clan but i may be wrong) I actually just bought socom 4 and although their campaign isn't really drawing me in that much (i've never reallly played socom so i will probably give it more time to see if it grows on me) their online is very solid and a lot of fun once you get the hang of it. so i'd say killzone for the campaign but socom for the multiplayer. Hope that helps man! i play both so you can add me. My psn is the same as my account name

lololololol @ dead online obviously your internet connection is bad because alot i mean alot play kz3 I love the game my friend is buying it soon.  Socom for the multiplayer? LOLOL everything I have heard about Socom is it SUCKS! just go to the Socom forums and you see all the Socom is no good online threads.  Socom may have a good campaign but not the online.  kz3 by far is the better game.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 7 (474 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6416 posts

Aug 12, 2011

Killzone 3 had very boring multiplayer. I don't know about Socom 4. I was only in the beta. Well, I was in the beta for both games.

Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion!

http://playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com/

PSN: ScreamAimFire999 [PS4, PS3, PS Vita Owner]
Twitter: @PSPersuasion

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 7 (474 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
114 posts

Aug 12, 2011

You want Killzone 3.  I would also recommend waiting for Resistance 3, or try the beta.  Killzone 3 has great multiplayer and a lot of people play it.  The matchmaking can be wonky though.  Out of all of them R3 will have the best features.  Move and Sharpshooter support, and split-screen multiplayer with 2 PSN ID's are huge features for R3.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 7 (474 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4988 posts

Aug 12, 2011

Kz3 is far from dead.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 7 (474 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1674 posts

Aug 23, 2011

SOCOM 4 is an average game at best.  The single player campaign is pretty easy, the squad mechanics are dumbed down to the point where they might as well not even exist, the online is so dead that you can't even play some modes because there will never be enough people in queue to start a game.

Killzone 3 on the other hand is fantastic.  It's not quite Killzone 2, but it's got a good exposition and then once the game gets settled in, the single player campaign becomes about as epic as a single player campaign can be without including deicide of some sort.

The online is robust...as long as you're not one of those people who refuse to play anything but Team Deathmatch.  Old school Warzone mode is great, mixing objectives up and making for some more extended game times...

Operations is fantastic, as it blends the teamwork of co op with the fun and pacing of competitive online, creating probably the most tactical experience that an FPS has any right to offer.

This isn't even close.  If anyone logs in and says SOCOM 4, then they probably work for Sony.

Killzone 3 isn't without its flaws...NOT THE LEAST OF WHICH IS A LACK OF OPERATIONS MAPS...but SOCOM 4 isn't even in Killzone 3's ballpark.  They're not even in the same league...or even playing the same sport.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 7 (474 Views)
0 Likes