Survivor
2950 posts

Re: Killzone 3 - Ask the Dev thread

Jun 17, 2010
Here comes my question:

What are you doing to improve onthe voice overs which were a big complain in the last game?

In the E3 demo, they were better, but I'd like to know more about this topic.
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 2,276 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3420 posts

Jun 17, 2010

juanpipe wrote:
Here comes my question:

What are you doing to improve onthe voice overs which were a big complain in the last game?

In the E3 demo, they were better, but I'd like to know more about this topic.

Some voices in the E3 build are placeholder until voice actors are casted and recorded, also for the dialogue itself, GG are working tightly with a screenwriter to improve upon the sometimes overdone profanity in the squad and also the overall story.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 2,276 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1908 posts

Jun 17, 2010
No offensive, but why is Ziggy answering Qs? I thought this was ask the dev, not ask the vip.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 2,276 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2289 posts

Jun 17, 2010

ZiggyPanda wrote:

Claymore_47 wrote:

Will there be multiple paths you can take to tackle a level?  Maybe even quasi sandbox type of approach to your goals?

The levels will be much more expansive and larger in scope, defined mutliple paths i dunno but looking at the level at Frozen Shores after grabbing the jetpack, verticality plays a big part allowing alot more freedom for combat.

Multiple paths is one of the things GG is most focused on. They said in one of the interviews that besides having more expansive levels there would usually be more than one way to get around to the objective so that you can try different strategies and so that people who replay the campaign (for trophies and whatnot) can have a different experience everytime they replay certain sections.

You can easily see in the E3 Demo that there are plenty ways around to get to the objective (In this case, the AA gun)

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 2,276 (179 Views)
Fender Bender
3420 posts

Jun 17, 2010

Hungry_Xenomorph wrote:
No offensive, but why is Ziggy answering Qs? I thought this was ask the dev, not ask the vip.

It's mainly to take some of the burden off Seb being that he's working hard on KZ3 and has alot less time on his hands, Motherh will still pop in from time to time but any questions the V.I.P's and regs feel they can answer from current info can hopefully help the thread from becoming crammed with tons of q's.

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 2,276 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3420 posts

Jun 17, 2010

Nun0_Da_Gr8 wrote:

ZiggyPanda wrote:

Claymore_47 wrote:

Will there be multiple paths you can take to tackle a level?  Maybe even quasi sandbox type of approach to your goals?

The levels will be much more expansive and larger in scope, defined mutliple paths i dunno but looking at the level at Frozen Shores after grabbing the jetpack, verticality plays a big part allowing alot more freedom for combat.

Multiple paths is one of the things GG is most focused on. They said in one of the interviews that besides having more expansive levels there would usually be more than one way to get around to the objective so that you can try different strategies and so that people who replay the campaign (for trophies and whatnot) can have a different experience everytime they replay certain sections.

You can easily see in the E3 Demo that there are plenty ways around to get to the objective (In this case, the AA gun)

That's a better answer i didn't wanna say yes and make it seem like a pick your route deal so this explains it best.

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 2,276 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3420 posts

Jun 17, 2010

AwesomeGuy wrote:

Hungry_Xenomorph wrote:

It avoids repetition...If they weren't answering questions they all ready knew the answer to; when Seb finally gets around to it he's burdened with a bunch of general questions and has a greater chance to skip over an important question that no one knows the answer to. That you might even ask. You don't want him to skip your question do you?

Like, Will I be able to play as an undercover Helghast in Killzone 3?

Or

I heard there was civil war going on, are the enemies more concentrating on killing each other or am I still the top priority enemy to them in Kz3??

Yeah, this is where i'd tag out and wait for MotherH

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 2,276 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1908 posts

Jun 17, 2010
But then when your Q is answered by Ziggy how will he then know to still pick some of them? Yes there are some obvious answers but it seems like these general answers are a little too all encompassing so I fear that people trying to get a straight answer will just get passed over by "answers" not even from the dev.

There wouldn't be as much scanning over if there wasn't a whole lot of chit chat anyway. Maybe we can have the OP grab a few good ones so we can get quality control.
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 2,276 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6086 posts

Jun 17, 2010

Okay guys first part of Questions being answered is up on the main part of this thread. If you haven't asked a question, and would like to, please take a look there first.

Side note: The VIPs will help in answering some of the questions. But if any regular poster here has the answer to the question, please feel free to answer.

Also if you are going to answer the questions Please change the font color to THIS and also bold it

Thanks!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 2,276 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
479 posts

Jun 17, 2010

Hello Seb. Why is Sev wearing a t-shirt in an Arctic environment? Looks ridiculous. Seriously, they are riding on an Intruder in an Arctic environment. It would be freezing cold. At least give him long sleeves. It's the little attention to details like that that seperate the good games from the great.

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 2,276 (179 Views)
0 Likes