Ghost of Sparta
15117 posts

Re: Killzone 3 - Ask the Dev thread

Jun 18, 2010

SCA7VDELOUS wrote:

motherh666 wrote:

PhobosIX wrote:

In the gameplay footage we see Sev sliding to a crate then jumping over it, so here's the question: What are the limitations on sliding? Can it be done on any surface? Can it be done to any cover? Do you need an object to slide to?

Current implementation is you can slide at any time.  While sprinting you hit crouch and it will slide forward and if by the end of the slide you find a Lean & Peak point you'll snap to it.   

Wow. In a good way. That is so cool, can you kick while sliding, haha that would be awesome

Not sure if that's physically possible lol. Have you tried doing it? You don't get much *oomph* from your kick at least. Maybe a good groin kick.
Message 91 of 2,276 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11232 posts

Jun 18, 2010

SCA7VDELOUS wrote:

motherh666 wrote:

PhobosIX wrote:

In the gameplay footage we see Sev sliding to a crate then jumping over it, so here's the question: What are the limitations on sliding? Can it be done on any surface? Can it be done to any cover? Do you need an object to slide to?

Current implementation is you can slide at any time.  While sprinting you hit crouch and it will slide forward and if by the end of the slide you find a Lean & Peak point you'll snap to it.   

Wow. In a good way. That is so cool, can you kick while sliding, haha that would be awesome

Maybe.

Seb Downie - Producer - Guerrilla Games
Message 92 of 2,276 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11232 posts

Jun 18, 2010

Outlaw213 wrote:
Seb, i'll give u alot of money if you send me the current E3 demo on disc. Not all of us can goto E3
It wouldn't run on a regular PS3 anyway.  You need a special debugging station for it.

Message 93 of 2,276 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
94 posts

Jun 18, 2010

ilikemonkeys wrote:

SCA7VDELOUS wrote:

motherh666 wrote:

PhobosIX wrote:

Not sure if that's physically possible lol. Have you tried doing it? You don't get much *oomph* from your kick at least. Maybe a good groin kick.

LOL, I am a platypus, but at least like if youre sliding you'll kick helghast with the force of yourself sliding, but that would be abused by players

|||Bob Marley |||

Message 94 of 2,276 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
473 posts

Jun 18, 2010

motherh666 wrote:

Outlaw213 wrote:
Seb, i'll give u alot of money if you send me the current E3 demo on disc. Not all of us can goto E3
It wouldn't run on a regular PS3 anyway.  You need a special debugging station for it.

damn, im sure you can make it so it does run on my ps3!  or just send me a debugging ps3 along with it

Message 95 of 2,276 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
156 posts

Jun 18, 2010

Why did you change Sevs hair? I liked it before the blotchy afro.

Message 96 of 2,276 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11232 posts

Jun 18, 2010

Its hard to keep the 'do in such hostile environments

Message 97 of 2,276 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

Re: Killzone 3 - Ask the Dev thread (official)

Jun 18, 2010
Is there any aim assist in this game? Please say no...
Player Stats
Message 98 of 2,276 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
351 posts

Jun 18, 2010

motherh666 wrote:

Kenshin71 wrote:

Hello Seb. Why is Sev wearing a t-shirt in an Arctic environment? Looks ridiculous. Seriously, they are riding on an Intruder in an Arctic environment. It would be freezing cold. At least give him long sleeves. It's the little attention to details like that that seperate the good games from the great.

Maybe there is a good explaination for his predicament.  We're after all not telling you the whole story of the level, just individual encounters.

In this video from Gametrailers, it states that Sev gets rescued in the mission before.

So that would answer that question, and what Seb was hinting at

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2010-killzone-3/101771

Oh and hi, im new here

Message 99 of 2,276 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1853 posts

Jun 18, 2010

The WASP is supposed to have secondary fire, so will other weapons have secondary fire? Specifically, will the M82 and StA-52 have secondary fire again?

From the gameplay videos we've seen so far the M82 and StA-52 look the same as in Killzone 2 (not that that's a bad thing, just that the M82 doesn't have a grenade launcher and the StA-52 doesn't have a shotgun).

Message 100 of 2,276 (156 Views)
0 Likes