Last Guardian
11232 posts

Re: Killzone 3 - Ask the Dev thread

Mar 30, 2011

Warrick_84 wrote:

Hey Seb i've been having recent Disconnection errors and i hope u can help me out.

iam not using wireless iam using wired.

the error codes are 5021, 20007 and -16

Are they new?  Or have you had them since you started playing?  If they are new and it had been working fine, when did it start giving errors for you?

Seb Downie - Producer - Guerrilla Games
Message 1781 of 2,276 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2321 posts

Mar 30, 2011

Dear Seb,

1st I loved KZ2 and I was looking forward to KZ3. Also I want to thank you and the other Devs for all the hard work its a great game. But my only gripe is the TSP, there are only 4 spawn points for warzone the spawns are not dynamic they never change the lines of traffic into and out of the spawns will always be the same.

When playing warzone if I don't play tac my team gets spawn killed, if I do play tac warzone is a babysitting game I cant even go after the objectives. Warzone which was the best thing about KZ2 is now dead.

Again let me repete the spawns neverchange and are not dynamic...

I rarely play KZ MP anymore the map rotation is messed up and I cant play warzone because of the spawning. Who ever thought the TSP's were a good idea should get fired I dont know if it was Sony who made this horrible design choice to make this game easier to play for new players.

Spawning combined with other bugs and class unbalancing makes this game useless, let me know when it's safe to put my disk back in or if I need to sell it because the spawning will never be fixed.

Again great work.

moho-foe

Photobucket
Message 1782 of 2,276 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
98 posts

Mar 30, 2011

motherh666 wrote:

Is not.  Checked with the MP Designers.  QA will add it to the list of things to patch.

k thanks for that 8)

Message 1783 of 2,276 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
196 posts

Mar 31, 2011

motherh666 wrote:

Warrick_84 wrote:

Hey Seb i've been having recent Disconnection errors and i hope u can help me out.

Are they new?  Or have you had them since you started playing?  If they are new and it had been working fine, when did it start giving errors for you?

i got KZ3 since launch n i didnt have any problems what so ever in disconnection errors.

until recently they started coming in constantly since the 26 of March till now

it happens when iam connecting into a match and then i get disconnected or when iam in a match it starts to lag terribly and then i get disconnected.

SEB please help

Message 1784 of 2,276 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11232 posts

Mar 31, 2011

Warrick_84 wrote:

motherh666 wrote:

Warrick_84 wrote:

i got KZ3 since launch n i didnt have any problems what so ever in disconnection errors.

until recently they started coming in constantly since the 26 of March till now

it happens when iam connecting into a match and then i get disconnected or when iam in a match it starts to lag terribly and then i get disconnected.

SEB please help

Is it happening for all game types?  Guerrilla Warfare, Warzone and Operations, or only one of them? 

Message 1785 of 2,276 (7 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Mar 31, 2011

Hi Seb, i've seen that one of the DLC maps (Junkyard) is playable only in guerrilla warfare and it has mechs and jetpacks. I ask you why others maps like corinth highway, salamum market (with mechs), turbine councorse (jetpacks) don't have guerrilla warfare. I can't understand this choice, i prefer guerrilla warfare i would like to play this type of game in all the maps. Do you think there will be an update for this? Thanks!

Waiting for Killzone 4

Message 1786 of 2,276 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2106 posts

Mar 31, 2011

Seb, can we get a night map? One of the things I loved about Killzone 2 was that most of the maps were at night, giving it a nice dark, immersive atmosphere. Right now Turbine Concourse and Salamun are the only night maps (Well Salamun seems to be more like dusk).

Message 1787 of 2,276 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
37 posts

Mar 31, 2011

Night maps would be awesome.

Also, probably already been said. The enviroment on Phyrus crater is messed up.

Theres many spots that allows players to shoot through one way, but not the other

Example. Just coming out of the ISA base, theres this small gap overlooking the Search and retrive point. I can shoot through it, but people cant shoot me through it. I know as ive tried to with a VC32 and still no luck. Are defective enviroments like that gonna be fixed? Theres quite a few on most of the maps.

Also, on Phyrus crater.. Playing as helghast, you can survive the assasination in the spawn base. On the left side, you go downhill a tad and the corner on the right you can hide in and survive. Ive also used this spot many times and its next to impossible to kill them in this location unless you can get that perfectly thrown grenade or mortar beacon.. Yet ISA gets nothing like that

Message 1788 of 2,276 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
93 posts

Apr 1, 2011

motherh666 wrote:

EpicDistortion wrote:

its been a full month since release, why hasnt the map loop bug been fixed?

most of my friends that bought this game and supported GG dont even play anymore because its the SAME FREAKIN MAP EVERYTIME.

this is inexcusable.

Patch 1.07.  Almost out and yes, it took too long.

seb,

first i want to say thanks to you for taking the time to reply.  i really do appreciate it, but its a little too late, most of my friends and myself have sold the game or traded it in.  we will never buy another KZ game again.

i have never played a game that had map rotation problems.  i have never played a game that is pretty much all spawn camping 90% of the time. 

the on-rail sections in the single player campaign are a joke, probably the worse ive ever played.

no online co-op is just ridiculous.

another problem is that majority of the maps give one team an advantage, i just dont understand how GG can make maps unbalanced and think its a good idea.

its 2011 and kz3 is behind in so many ways.   theres a reason why kz3 received lower review scores, and sold less than kz2.

hopefully the new IP you guys are working on will be much better, but i will rent it first instead of buying it.

Message 1789 of 2,276 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
93 posts

Apr 1, 2011

Saints221 wrote:

Night maps would be awesome.

Also, probably already been said. The enviroment on Phyrus crater is messed up.

Theres many spots that allows players to shoot through one way, but not the other

Example. Just coming out of the ISA base, theres this small gap overlooking the Search and retrive point. I can shoot through it, but people cant shoot me through it. I know as ive tried to with a VC32 and still no luck. Are defective enviroments like that gonna be fixed? Theres quite a few on most of the maps.

Also, on Phyrus crater.. Playing as helghast, you can survive the assasination in the spawn base. On the left side, you go downhill a tad and the corner on the right you can hide in and survive. Ive also used this spot many times and its next to impossible to kill them in this location unless you can get that perfectly thrown grenade or mortar beacon.. Yet ISA gets nothing like that

EXACTLY.  there are spots like this in EVERY map.  its so freaking stupid.  its like im shooting at an invisible wall or something.

Message 1790 of 2,276 (7 Views)
0 Likes