First Son
3 posts

Re: Killzone 3 - Ask the Dev thread

Mar 23, 2011

motherh666 wrote:

motherh666 wrote:

Dark_Lord_Null wrote:

Hi Seb,

1. Why can't we combine ammo picked up from a StA-52SE while using the StA-52 (or vice versa), or from an M82SE while using the M82 (or vice versa)? It's annoying to be low on ammo and find an otherwise compatible weapon only to be unable to pick up its ammo (or trade weapons but combine the ammo I had previously with the amount I picked up). Is this a technical limitation where we can't take the ammo while leaving the weapon on the ground to trade weapons?

2. Also, what exactly are the criteria for the "Killzone 2 decorated veteran" tag on killzone.com?

3. Are there any plans to add more TSAs to certain maps? Several maps really need more -- most notably Pyrrhus Crater since it only has one.

Also, I found some bugs:

1. None of my Assassinations are contributing to my Terminator medal. I know I should have at least one because I was both the Assassin and Executioner on a game the other day. If it helps, I was on Corinth Highway at about 1am Sunday morning Eastern U.S. and the assassination was near the beginning of the game.

2. None of my Faster Reload ribbons are being counted. I've gotten this many times but my statistics still show that I've earned it 0 times.

3. The Medals tab in my achievements page says 0/56 even though I've earned at least a bronze in 11 medals so far.

Thanks.

1. Thats a good question.   I will need to talk to some folks to find out.  I don't think there is a technical reason for this, so either its a design choice or an oversight.

2. Min 5 hours play either MP or Campaign (or combined), but sometimes it is not working correctly and we are investigating and will start a new query when we find the issue to retro-actively add the badge to player's profiles.

3. Currently not, but we understand spawning is an issue so we are discussing ways of improving this.

Thanks for the bugs.  Will give them to QA to investigate further.

Seb Downie - Producer - Guerrilla Games

PS: Bug 2. is fixed in patch 1.04.

Hey Seb,

Bug 2 is actually not fixed. Myself and quite a few others have not had this badge added to their killzone.com profile.

Update on the retro award?

Photobucket
Photobucket
Message 1721 of 2,276 (39 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Mar 23, 2011

Thanks for answering so many questions Seb!!!! Unfortunately we haven't gotten much feedback lately on killzone.com so I thought perhaps you could answer some of our questions for us?

Reconsidering adding more operations maybe later down the line?

Any clue to retro map fix and a release then for the steel rain DLC?

Are all maps going to be available on all modes (at least GW and WZ) eventually?

Will  we eventually get some DLC that have KZ2 maps (like helghan industries,  I think Visari's hammer was the #1 agreement, Radec (pains me to say  that)  etc etc.

Will custom games definitely be unranked,  or maybe a public matchmaking for some ranked ones still so they are  more likely to be played?  (we all understand we want to stop boosters  too :smileywink:)

Will  we ever get stats as cool and in-depth as KZ2?  Or are we stuck solid  with what we have (which is fine, but still seems a little bare-bones)

Anyway  great job on this game.  It must be hard to try to keep the origins of  your MP and change it as much as you did to make it upbeat and  fast-paced.  I personally love it and want you guys to keep up the great  work on it!

Message 1722 of 2,276 (39 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
58 posts

Mar 23, 2011

The Killzone 2 Decorated Veteran Badge has NOT been fixed.

I have over 600 hours on KZ2

Ive platted the game 100% trophies (ELITE ect...)

Ive been posting on the KZ.com forum for 2 years now

AND I host weekly events for KZ2

I dont have any KZ2 vet badge in my KZ3 profile.

However ppl who have only reached the second rank on KZ2 and havent even touched the sp have the badge.

btw - we really miss u devs on the kz.com forum

Message 1723 of 2,276 (39 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
767 posts

Mar 23, 2011

every class in KZ3 has a "killer app" - Infiltrator = perfect disguise, unlimited stamina, speed. Medic = revive team, self-heal and ability to get up after being killed. Engineer = unlimited ammo, ground support. Tactician = TSP, aerial support, radar.

and drum roll please, Marksmen have a one hit kill long range weapon + limited invisibility + radar jammer.

if a Marksmen isn't going to have a OHK weapon, you might as well take the class out of the game. if he is left with limited invisbility and radar jammer and a silenced weapon, you have a redundant class that might as well be called "infiltrator 2" as it is a sneaking class.

people seem to think it is easy to pick someone off from across the map - if you are standing still without cover staring into space and get smoked, that's your problem.

but if you are running down some stairs and I spot and track you in my scope and put a round between some railings or debris to get a kill at range - sure I agree is it frustrating for you, but that was not any easier than chucking a nade in close quarters during a choke point war and blowing up 5 guys at once.

-7-

Message 1724 of 2,276 (39 Views)
First Son
10 posts

Mar 23, 2011

Agreed 100%

Message 1725 of 2,276 (39 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2694 posts

Mar 23, 2011

Seb, any ETA on the next patch? I hope the map loop bug is fixed on the next one...

Message 1726 of 2,276 (39 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
13691 posts

Mar 23, 2011

motherh666 wrote:

awesome_Noor wrote:

As for Sniper, the guys are working through all the data still.  Any gameplay changes need careful consideration and internal testing.  Is a tricky thing to do.

Careful consideration and internal testing? That sounds like a pretty good idea, why didn't you guys go with that from the beginning?

Photobucket
Message 1727 of 2,276 (39 Views)
First Son
24 posts

Mar 23, 2011

Hey Seb, you guys are really quiet on the official Killzone 3 forums. A lot of people there are getting really frustrated. Can you give some explanation on why you are so silent? People have a lot of questions that need answering!

BTW, it seems that SteelRain is done. When will it be released?

Message 1728 of 2,276 (39 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2106 posts

Mar 24, 2011

Edizzle8002 wrote:

motherh666 wrote:

awesome_Noor wrote:

As for Sniper, the guys are working through all the data still.  Any gameplay changes need careful consideration and internal testing.  Is a tricky thing to do.

Careful consideration and internal testing? That sounds like a pretty good idea, why didn't you guys go with that from the beginning?

Photobucket

Aw snap, son!

Message 1729 of 2,276 (39 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
657 posts

Mar 24, 2011

Edizzle8002 wrote:

motherh666 wrote:

awesome_Noor wrote:

Photobucket

Ha ha ha.... exactly.  Sniper is a horrible game breaking class.

Message 1730 of 2,276 (39 Views)
0 Likes