Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Wastelander
687 posts

Re: Killzone 3 - Ask the Dev thread (official)

Jun 16, 2010

I remember asking you seb around killzone 2's open beta period about the characters in the MP and how "dead" they felt because of them not talking for example when we see the SP footage when a grenade is thrown you here the helghast in there deep badass voice shouting "grenade" when I asked you it didnt seem that you even considered it and that it would take audio work to implment so it was too late for killzone 2. Will you implmement this in killzone 3's MP? I mean it adds so much more immersion that I didnt feel in killzone 2. A good example would be the COD series that characters comment about everything in that game hope you add this to MP...

Message 10 of 2,276 (180 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1163 posts

Jun 16, 2010

Will there be character customisation in multiplayer?

Message 11 of 2,276 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3420 posts

Jun 16, 2010

I'll try and take these ones but if i'm inaccurate i'm sure MotherH will call me out.

1. Was the sound really changed for the M82? or does it now depend if youre in a building or out in the open?

I can't answer about the sound being changed for M82 but Seb did say there are placeholder sounds (mainly voices) that will be replaced further in development, also there are some new refinements to the sound design allowing a more noticable different from indoor to outdoor areas...i forget what the tech is called.

1. I saw a lot of clipping when Rico and Sev move. Specifically when Sev pulls Rico's foot out from under the Intruder and then continues to check the other soldier's pulse. While the animation/mo-cap was excellent, the clothes were clipping a lot. Will this be fixed?

All assets will be continuely worked on and polished until release, the game still has a good 8 months development to go. Your question 4&5 fall into this category too.

The most asked question imo is about the controls.

Will they be the same or not as killzone 2...

GG recognises the complaints, they want the experience to still feel like killzone but controls are constantly being tweaked and refined, not only focused on tactical play (using cover) but allow for a more run and gun style too.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Message 12 of 2,276 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3420 posts

Jun 16, 2010

Punjabi-Bandar27 wrote:

Will there be character customisation in multiplayer?

Multiplayer won't be discussed for a while, so please everyone try to stick to campain related questions.

Message 13 of 2,276 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
772 posts

Jun 16, 2010

ahh im sure you can answer this mp question

will we be able to play music again like in killzone 2 while playing mp?

Message 14 of 2,276 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3087 posts

Jun 16, 2010

I watched the 15 min Gamespot dev walkthrough where they mentioned the want to improve on their code from KZ2 (because of other titles such as GoWIII and Uncharted 2).  I was wondering if they could discuss some of the improvements they've made to the KZ3 engine?  Graphically and gameplay wise.  Or maybe they have a link to an article that discusses this topic?

“All praises to the Playstation!” - Samuel L. Jackson Snakes On A Plane
Message 15 of 2,276 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3109 posts

Jun 16, 2010

maxwelljones wrote:

The most asked question imo is about the controls.

Will they be the same or not as killzone 2...

I read the information about the single player and i read :

More "responsive" gameplay

How do we have to see this statement ??

In terms of controls,

During an interview with 1UP.com at e3, Hermen Hulst of Guerrila games said: "one area were focusing on also is accessibility so we want to create a multiplayer game that is easier to pick up and available to a much broader audience."

Message 16 of 2,276 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
563 posts

Re: Killzone 3 - Ask the Dev thread

Jun 16, 2010

Will there be multiple paths you can take to tackle a level?  Maybe even quasi sandbox type of approach to your goals?

Message 17 of 2,276 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3109 posts

Jun 16, 2010
When do you want to talk multiplayer?
Message 18 of 2,276 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3420 posts

Jun 17, 2010

Claymore_47 wrote:

Will there be multiple paths you can take to tackle a level?  Maybe even quasi sandbox type of approach to your goals?

The levels will be much more expansive and larger in scope, defined mutliple paths i dunno but looking at the level at Frozen Shores after grabbing the jetpack, verticality plays a big part allowing alot more freedom for combat.

Message 19 of 2,276 (180 Views)
0 Likes