Uncharted Territory
1908 posts

Re: Killzone 2 was Just as Bad as Killzone 3

Aug 14, 2012

Don't understand how you can think it's a better game. It's an easier game I'll give you that, but not a better on.e

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 20 (833 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1198 posts

Aug 21, 2012

I think both games were great overall and both had their good and bad. KZ 2 was a little more balanced and had custom rooms. KZ3 had more refined, tighter controls as well as improved visuals and melee's. They were both great. As far as being good or not for "e-sports" competitive; So what? Does every shooter have to cater to the e-sports crowd? Class based shootyers really aren't meant for that style. We can all pick up the e-sports games as well. Even some of the games used for that need special rules applioed for the competitive crowd because they themselves aren't balanced.

KZ2 and 3 were both incredibly fun team based shooters. They still are if you choose to play them.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 20 (825 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1664 posts

Sep 26, 2012

Hungry_Xenomorph wrote:

Don't understand how you can think it's a better game. It's an easier game I'll give you that, but not a better on.e

Actually, Killzone 3 is nearly devoid of challenge next to Killzone 2.  Just look at the final boss battles...epic battle with Radec and his flunkies vs. a hurried, on rails vehicle section.  Killzone 2 is better and it's more of a challenge.  Especially online.  Killzone 2 online was much more of a challenge...and better in just about every possible way.

Personally, if you actually played Killzone 2,  I don't understand how you can post that with any degree of sincerity.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 20 (796 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
47 posts

Nov 10, 2012
Killzone 3 has taken the crown from my beloved 2 which was the best fps ever at that time...it was just surpassed with 3's arrival...and fyi I cic'd kz2 with over 300 hours of gameplay on my very 1st psn account imperviusdoomz and I'm currently Brigadier General 3(level 42) on this account.
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 20 (686 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1918 posts

Jan 17, 2013

kz2 is like uncarted 2.. the sequals preety much improved teh general aspect of teh game but they took some charm away from the limitatoions that made people per say.. be crafty..  U3 nor kz3 are per say bad games.. they just dont live up to the predesesors * in MP in sp kz3 rocks kz2's **bleep** and in bot zone XD* 

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 20 (545 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Feb 11, 2013

PastyNerd wrote:

I don't get all the KZ2 love. That game still had invisible snipers with a one-hit-kill-anywhere rifle. And, the game still has a class that has a personal radar. As long as the series has those two aspects, it will always be a joke for competitive play. And don't even get me started on the rocket spamming.

Indeed you obviously don't get it. Let me explain it to you:

First and foremost, KZ2 had room setup so you could remove all that you didn't like, so yes the game had snipers and assault with rockets but there were countless rooms running that had them opted out. So you get some love for KZ2 right there since they took ranked custom servers away in KZ3.

Also, the search and recon from KZ2 had nothing to do with the legal wallhack capability of KZ3's tact. It only highlighted those that were on the line of sight and was a perk that competed with better perks so in reallity few players bothered using it.

Regarding competition you have no clue what you're talking about. Killzone 2 had outstanding clan competition. Killzone 3 with all its bugs, imbecile clan rank xp system and pathetic clan auto match making (you match guys searching with 5 agains a clan of 8, REALLY???) couldn't even hold a candle next to KZ2's.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 20 (489 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
81 posts

Feb 13, 2013

xI_InPhEctED_Ix wrote:

PastyNerd wrote:

I don't get all the KZ2 love. That game still had invisible snipers with a one-hit-kill-anywhere rifle. And, the game still has a class that has a personal radar. As long as the series has those two aspects, it will always be a joke for competitive play. And don't even get me started on the rocket spamming.

Indeed you obviously don't get it. Let me explain it to you:

First and foremost, KZ2 had room setup so you could remove all that you didn't like, so yes the game had snipers and assault with rockets but there were countless rooms running that had them opted out. So you get some love for KZ2 right there since they took ranked custom servers away in KZ3.

Also, the search and recon from KZ2 had nothing to do with the legal wallhack capability of KZ3's tact. It only highlighted those that were on the line of sight and was a perk that competed with better perks so in reallity few players bothered using it.

Regarding competition you have no clue what you're talking about. Killzone 2 had outstanding clan competition. Killzone 3 with all its bugs, imbecile clan rank xp system and pathetic clan auto match making (you match guys searching with 5 agains a clan of 8, REALLY???) couldn't even hold a candle next to KZ2's.

This ^ i totally agree

Game was perfetct and totally balanced . The competition was INTENSE but most people dont know that as they were just playing bodycount 16v16 for the points -_-

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 20 (481 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1767 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 28, 2013

Youre kinda right, but on KZ2, the radar wasn't that bad. Bots were also its downfall for 'competitive play' on both games.

Killzone 1 on the other hand, had none of the stuff you listed, heck it didnt even have a radar. Game was leaps and bounds better than Killzone 2 and 3, when it came to hardcore competitive gaming. Such as weapon spawns, no aim assist, all custom settings, multiple servers like Socom2 to make clan games in, health x2 more than kz2- requiring headshots for kills such as gears/halo, etc.......However, since IGN and other gaming media (whom all play the MP for 30 minutes tops) said the campaign was not great, it slowed it sales, along with its MP popularity.

On the PS3, SCEA wanted the game more like COD, hence the slow degradation from KZ1->KZ2->KZ3.  Its slightly humorous to see people say "bring back KZ2 gameplay"  "GG ruined KZ, KZ2 was better"  "They made it like COD" "The health is too low"!   are all the things I was saying pre-killzone2 release.

Since then, I have given up on trying to persuade GG with my posts since I realize it is up to SCEA on what type of game they want. They are the publishers, which is why they can disapprove certain things, change the style of a game, require things such as tutorials (and more recently: perks, classes,aim assist i imagine and other small things).  Killzone, a Sony published game, will never again be a hardcore competitive experience, but it CAN be like COD (because thats where the $ales are at)- which does get competitive events. To do this, they need to tone down the AI sentry bots, tone down their beloved cloak, do not add radar-always-on for the main class. Simple things. The super speed double health class doesnt help either, when it ruins modes like Search and Retrieve for everyone, even casual games.

I enjoy the story of Killzone and enjoy playing with friends on the MP. But I am not expecting them to go back to KZ1 or KZ2. If you think like that, expect to be severely disappointed just like the Socom fans after the release of Socom4. Resistance 2 also did not deliver; resistance 3 the final nail (although surprisingly R3 was much better, the rehaul of the MP had already done damage).

I'll be there day one (KZ: SF), but with games like BF4 and later COD (games with solid MP identities) releasing shortly after, I dont think many people will stick with a casual experiences; thus, KZ dies like the likes of Resistance, socom, etc. Casual users do not play games for a long time. 

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 20 (430 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
30 posts

Feb 28, 2013

I love both games and still play both of them. I think the only reason KZ2 could be considered more challenging is because of the controls. KZ3 had better controls but hey, its all opinions. 

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 20 (420 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
957 posts

Feb 28, 2013

No, you dont get it!!!

One example....KZ3 has freaking low health even with the armor perk on.

**bleep** KZ3, long live KZ2!!!

U3´s COD syndrom fixlist: Nerf Gmal damage&scope INSTEAD OF RECOIL, Remove all ROF & Quickboom, Remove grenade throwback and replace it with a Slot 2 booster, Move Bargain to Slot 1, Nerf the enterly OP hipfire, INSTEAD OF DESTROYNG UNCHACHARTEDS FLUIDITY!
Nerf the sprint to 2sec/recovery to 5sec, Nerf T-Bolt KB to 12 medals,
NO stopping power effect while ADS, make FF usefull again (pain wobble is ENOUGH!), FIX delay on grenade throw, FIX shooting delay while hanging, FIX the cover system, its inferiour than in U2, FIX the Pull-down camera(U2>U3), FIX map rotation, FIX the reticles on ALL weapons( U2>U3), FIX overall weapon handling(U2>U3), FIX U3 lame COD corridor/hotspot map design(U2>U3), Add an only-party playlist for partys above 2 players OR Change U2 back to the original 1.04 setting.
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 20 (416 Views)
0 Likes