Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 19 2011
By: QuikScopinBeast Sackboy 500 posts

KZ3 will have 8 maps , Fail!!

50 replies 57 views Edited Jan 19, 2011

http://www.examiner.com/video-game-news-in-national/killzone-3-official-strategy-guide-includes-an-g...

I dont care how good the Maps are 8 will get boring very fast. The maps in the beta weren't very good besides frozen dam which was decent.

I pray that the 2 retro maps are Beach head Southern Hills or Arctower landing.

Message 1 of 51 (57 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4536 posts

Re: KZ3 will have 8 maps , Fail!!

Jan 19, 2011

I'm sorry, but 8 maps with the release of the game, with the 2 extra map ='s 10 maps in total on day #1 of the game's release...That's pretty Dam Good to me!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 51 (57 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1188 posts

Jan 19, 2011

8 maps + 2 retro

salamun market and Radec Acad ( which I believe will be the 2 maps)

and then DLC most likely released like KZ2

2 first release DLC

2 Second Release

2 Third release

with a grand total of 16 maps

so I'm pretty sure no one will be bored.... save your pennies if you feel 8maps isnt enough

Message 3 of 51 (57 Views)
Sackboy
473 posts

Jan 19, 2011

pgsdi wrote:

8 maps + 2 retro

salamun market and Radec Acad ( which I believe will be the 2 maps)

and then DLC most likely released like KZ2

2 first release DLC

2 Second Release

2 Third release

with a grand total of 16 maps

so I'm pretty sure no one will be bored.... save your pennies if you feel 8maps isnt enough

8 maps is fine, i just hope they handle the DLC better this time,.

Message 4 of 51 (57 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
636 posts

Jan 19, 2011

if the retro was on the disc, it would of been great...

10 game at launch

16 with dlc i good

i will get the retro pack, but i think 8 is bad, its not a step up kz2.

but at the same time, it was fine.

one thing i fear tough is the new vote system... everyone votes unlike kz2 where you were defaultly set to the next map (wich allowed a rotation unless the mass really wanted a change) in the beta none was default so if one dude voted, we went on his map. radec all day couldbe back!

i wonder how much will be available in each mode...

4-6 operation

8 warzone/guerrilla...

out of all the 8 same maps with variations of course

Message 5 of 51 (57 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1767 posts

Jan 19, 2011

So they are basically charging extra for maps that are already done. (retro maps)  rediculous ..I bet they are already on the disc and we have to unlock them or some bs

Message 6 of 51 (57 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15117 posts

Jan 19, 2011

The retro packs come with the game if you have the Ultimate Edition and/or pre-ordered it at whatever retailer offers it. So yes they will most likely be on the disc. You just need to take advantage of the different avenues available to you. It's not hard. And if for whatever reason you can't or won't do it... exactly where do you have the right to complain?

This feeling of entitlement that gamers have is way overblown. Guess what... you're paying for the content that the developers make available to you. That's it. That's all you're entitled to. Don't like that? Don't buy games.

Message 7 of 51 (57 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6086 posts

Jan 19, 2011

hmm altogether 10 maps aren't bad! but i wish it was 10 in the game + the retro map pack. which would be 12. But 10 is good, until dlc

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Message 8 of 51 (57 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1952 posts

Jan 19, 2011

To be honest the MP itself is just too KZ2.5 for me anyways, so this isn't all that shocking, and really, doesn't effect my decision to buy the game at all. I'm buying KZ3 for the SP (which is also why I'm so damn pissed its only local co-op... load of bs...).

Not to say the online is all bad, but that it just doesn't do anything new, different, or unique from its predecessor or from the millions of other crappy FPS's that have flooded the market. Just seems like a bunch of untapped potential. Still though, kind of sad that it is still probably the best FPS in some time and for some time... Just goes to show how damn generic the market for FPS's has become...

Message 9 of 51 (57 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15117 posts

Jan 19, 2011

8 maps eh? Would like there to be more sure but don't forget all the new game modes that have been added. Some maps will be different based on what type of game mode you're playing. For example Frozen Damn played differently based on what mode you were playing. Warzone gave you the entire map and different areas were valued more. Guerilla Warfare gave you a small section to play with random spawns, that changes how the map plays. Lastly Operations has you progress through the map linearly. So while this isn't exactly a drastically different as far as map design and aesthetics the gameplay still gets varied enough IMO.

Think back to KZ2 as well... all the maps were substantially different from each other. More so then anything that COD offers

Message 10 of 51 (57 Views)
0 Likes