Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 04 2011
By: pesto Sackboy 606 posts

I'm glad they had the beta

21 replies 54 views Edited Feb 4, 2011

Saves me money.

This game is just Killzone 2 with a new skin (ambient occlusion turned off/dialed down), and more maps.  If you loved KZ2 you'll love this, if not then skip it.

Lets go over the faults for the sake of completion and on the vague offchance they might chose to look at and fix some of this.

1) Flashing menus - Really? Is this 1995?  It's just annoying as hell.

2) Enforced cutscenes - No-one wants to be taken out of the action, sure it was ok the first time, but once youv'e seen it you don't want to see it again... and again... and again.

3) Jumping Camera - Why on earth would I want the camera to zoom over to the guy I just killed when there are 5 more directly behind him shooting the heck out of me while this is going on?  This is fine for SP but for MP?

4) Laggy controls - yup, they're still there, exactly the same as in KZ2.  Take you out of the moment as you're constantly fighting them.  Even at 100% sensitivity these are bad.

5) Lack of differentiation in silhouette - Still there.  By the time you see whether it's a player on your or the other team you're dead because everyone just goes around shooting everyone just in case, because of this issue.

6) Lack of suicide option - I'm down, I dont' want to wait for a medic, give me the option of putting my player out of his misery.

7) Sound design - Your death sound is incredibly annoying, do you ahve to hear it every single time?  So what you died.

8) Hit markers, or lack thereof - Links in with 7, there is no sound to indicate hits, the hitmarkers themselves are terrible, there's no positive reenforcement.  It's just plain boring shooting people

9) Hit detection - Headshots from shooting somoene in the chest, they seem random, while it takes a ridiculous number of shots to kill someone

10) Melee - Links with 3, kill them, the end, I don't care how cool it was for the designers, taking you out of the action constantly is annoying, and honestly the melee kills are lame.

11) Generally confused design - You get the same responses from the game whether you kill someone, melee someone, get meleed, or are just getting hit heavily.  That's just poor design - Each event should have a distinct and clear separate cut/response.  It should always be clear what's going on.

12) Damage indicator - Very poorly designed, seems to have difficulty actually pinpointing where you're getting damaged from.

13) Infinite fall - Apparently you can jump from a multistorey building just fine with minimal damage in KZ3.  What was that about realism and inertia for 'weightyness" again?

14) Grenade indicators - Are they there?  It would kind of help to stop deaths feeling quite so cheap.

15) Bullet damage - Could you make it any lower?!?  You can start to get hit, turn around and just hold down the button while you aim roughly at the other person and thre's a 50/50 chance you'll die first.

In general they need to stop trying to show off like some 13 year old more concerned with the decals and bling than with the actual content.  KZ3 tries way too hard, yet again, andultimately fails to be cool at all.   Kills are easy and unsatisfying.  Menu's and cutscenes are annoying in a MP game.  Controls and feel are poor.

Having said all this, the folks that loved KZ2 will as I say probably love this game as it's really more of the same in the same way that the past 3 Call Of Duty games have clearly been more of the same, i.e. really just game mods, new mpas, new skins, that's all.  I'll save my money and be waiting for the next BFBC or StarHawk.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 22 (54 Views)
Monster Hunter
42 posts

Re: I'm glad they had the beta

Feb 4, 2011

I Do agree with most of the stuff you said, but what mostly pissed me off...Was when Private Beta was out, they had 3 Maps...Public One comes out and how many maps do they have....1......JUST ONE!!!!!!

Now I'm gonna be happy when Single Player demo comes out becuase i am a PS+ Subscriber....

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 22 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2412 posts

Feb 4, 2011

See ya!

U Got KillzOWNED.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 22 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1908 posts

Feb 4, 2011

I made a thread for impressions. Making your own means that you obviously have something to prove, which is probably flame-baiting.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 22 (54 Views)
Survivor
2412 posts

Feb 4, 2011

Hungry_Xenomorph wrote:

I made a thread for impressions. Making your own means that you obviously have something to prove, which is probably flame-baiting.

Photobucket

Considering most of his points are irrelavent to actual gameplay, I'd say flame baiting would be the perfect description.

U Got KillzOWNED.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 22 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
606 posts

Feb 4, 2011

Hungry_Xenomorph wrote:

Photobucket

Ah, so an ego clash eh?  Everyone has to post into your thread?  Sounds like you have more to prove than me.  Sorry I don't see any reason to post to your thread your eminence.  It's fine for others to post their own threads with their own impressions, they don't have to keep bumping your threads for you.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 22 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2243 posts

Feb 4, 2011

go cry to someone who cares. IM LOVING IT. CANT FUCKING WAIT!!! YEEEE

oh btw, bye bye!

sav
>>>>>>> EVERYONE GO TO MCSERIES DOT COM NOA!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 22 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1853 posts

Feb 4, 2011

This is clearly a rant from a CoD player with nothing better to do than try to start a flame war. Seriously, if you hate the game so much that you're not going to buy it why would you waste your time writing up a huge list of reasons why you hate the game and aren't going to buy it?

You fanbois need to get a life.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 22 (54 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1386 posts

Feb 4, 2011

Dark_Lord_Null wrote:

This is clearly a rant from a CoD player with nothing better to do than try to start a flame war. Seriously, if you hate the game so much that you're not going to buy it why would you waste your time writing up a huge list of reasons why you hate the game and aren't going to buy it?

This.

While I can agree with a few things like poor hit detection or lack of grenade indicators, this is the B-E-T-A after all and we still have three weeks to go!

Report cheaters! http://np.us.playstation.com/

My Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/arcadias1595

Beachbody P90X Results: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFgZZE_2WhA

Beachbody TurboFire Results: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdeHSuxe7zM
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 22 (54 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
606 posts

Feb 4, 2011

Dark_Lord_Null wrote:

Did you even read the post?  I explain exactly why I listed it's problems, it's fairly clear and simple to follow.

Believe it or not just because someone finds fault with Killzone3 doesn't make them a CoD fanboy.  However if it makes your blood boil to hear any criticism then your'e most likely a KZ fanboy, and you're definitely not helping the developers any in their attempt to maximize sales and get a good return for all that they put into the game.  The points I make I think are perfectly reasonable.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 22 (54 Views)
0 Likes