Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Feb 25 2011
By: Virgo21Child First Son 5 posts
Accepted Solution

I am having problems with killzone 3 & I Know someone elase must be?

11 replies 2277 views Edited Feb 25, 2011

Killzone 3 i was looking  forward to this game, I even bought a collectors edition only to

find out that the game has major problems, when ever its loading for  a cutscene the game freezes

and goes black and i cannot go on menu or do anything it just goes blank and i cannot play the game,

it is always the same level after i open the gate for the tanks to go through.

SONY WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU, TWO YEARS OF WAiTING AND I GET THIS CRAP!!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 12 (2,277 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
14203 posts

Re: I am having problems with killzone 3 & I Know someone elase must be?

Feb 25, 2011

I've played through the campaign completely without any problems so it might be a disc reading issue. Check for smudges or scratches. You may want to try to take just the game back to where you bought it from and see if they'll just swap out the game and not the whole package.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 12 (2,277 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1640 posts

Feb 25, 2011

If you have other games, that skip also it could be a dirty ps3 lens, If so i recommend you clean it

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 12 (2,277 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Feb 25, 2011

Nothing is wrong with my ps3, nothing iss wrong with the game, i changed it 5 times already. I looked else where like yahoo answers and it seems alot of people are having the same problem as me. I have a ps3 slim and everyy other game I have runs normal, it loads normal and plays normal no glitches or problems apart from fallout but that is expected.

I payed alot  for this game and its annoying me now cause I waited in que midnight for this game and this is what i get.

And now its not reading killzone disc at all but it reads other games

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 12 (2,277 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
64 posts

Feb 25, 2011

I played all the way through the game on release day and the only problems (with the game) I have found is that the audio levels between cutscene and game play are not adjusted correctly in the code. Gameplay is WAY louder than the cutscene audio which detracts slightly from the experience

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 12 (2,277 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2903 posts

Feb 25, 2011

FYI, Im on a 250 gig slim and have not experienced one of the problems you have described.  Played through the campaign 2 times.  Sorry...

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 12 (2,277 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
81 posts

Feb 26, 2011

Virgo21Child wrote:

Nothing is wrong with my ps3, nothing iss wrong with the game, i changed it 5 times already. I looked else where like yahoo answers and it seems alot of people are having the same problem as me. I have a ps3 slim and everyy other game I have runs normal, it loads normal and plays normal no glitches or problems apart from fallout but that is expected.

I payed alot  for this game and its annoying me now cause I waited in que midnight for this game and this is what i get.

And now its not reading killzone disc at all but it reads other games

Sorry to say dude but it's your PS3 you have to accept it once it stops reading one game it will stop reading others as well.

sorry buddy time to save for a new PS3 

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 12 (2,277 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
124 posts

Feb 26, 2011

Sony had a very similar problem when they released SOCOM 2 many years ago (seems like forever...). Though they never recalled the game, it had a stop/freeze/blank screen problem on the 5th mission. I exchanged it for 2 other disks, with the same results. I've been an Electronics Tech for over 35 years, and I had already ruled out the console and everything else, so I started suspecting a disk defect.

Upon closer inspection using a small Maglite, I discovered a tiny hole in the screenprint on top of the disk, enough to allow light to pass through and cause the error. I actually called Sony about it; though they never admitted they knew about it on a large scale basis, they nevertheless sent me a new disk that didn't have the problem. No problems with gameplay after that.

Though I haven't seen anything similar or have had any issues with my own KZ3 disk, I know from Sony that the SOCOM 2 disk problem was likely an isolated batch problem (a large batch), and the reason I kept getting bad replacements locally is that they were likely from the same batch (not many stores that carried it at the time).

Check your disk from the bottom, shining a hi-intensity light, and look at the top where the screen print is. If you see any light coming through, you'll know where the problem lies.

"Age, Wisdom, & Treachery overcomes Youth, Skill, & Daring"

Former Sony G.A.P. Member
Linksys Dual-Band N Network
MOH, RDR, KILLZONE 2/3, COD 4/5,MW2, B'Ops, Battlefield 1943, BFBC2, BATTLEFIELD 3, BLACK OPS 2:

TSD_-RAVEN-

Clans: MoBn, NBK
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 12 (2,277 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Feb 26, 2011

Thanks for the help those who answered neway I worked out what the problem was, since killzone 3 takes upto 41GB, i need to have at least that amount free on my ps3, it is now running smooth..

HELGHAST YEEEH

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 12 (2,277 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1830 posts

Feb 26, 2011

Virgo21Child wrote:

Thanks for the help those who answered neway I worked out what the problem was, since killzone 3 takes upto 41GB, i need to have at least that amount free on my ps3, it is now running smooth..

HELGHAST YEEEH

Ummm........no.

Get your Portable ID!
www.facebook.com/thedisastronots
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 12 (2,277 Views)
0 Likes