Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Last Guardian
12345 posts

Re: FIX THE CONTROLS!

Feb 6, 2011

Everybody needs to watch this video, as it does a pretty good job explaining why the controls are still flawed.

Message 21 of 84 (63 Views)
Splicer
72 posts

Feb 6, 2011

I don't know why you blind fanboys keep protectng something that is flawed. If they changed the controls millions more people would be playing this game. Those controls are fake they are not realistic. Fact is they change the controls you'd still be playing and millions more would. You guys are a minority like it or not. Most of you guys say go play cod!!11 I don't want to when I see Killzone 3, the thing is this game could be 100 times better. I mean it's already much better than KZ2.

Message 22 of 84 (63 Views)
Splicer
53 posts

Feb 6, 2011

I think the controls are flawless now.they still have weight yet really responsive.I am a Bad Company player so this feels welcome.Good Job GG.I loved KZ2 also.

Message 23 of 84 (63 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
24 posts

Feb 6, 2011

watch here, this sums it all up in regards to the 'underwater' video

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/y9xgM-NEdSM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Message 24 of 84 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1567 posts

Feb 6, 2011

Wouldnt it save a lot of hassle if these devs let you config your own buttons. Half the battle is getting used to a new scheme every game. I had to config my buttons to be more like KZ2 on BC2 and now back to KZ3 which is completly different to how I had them in KZ2.

And if I ever want to go back to BC2 I have to start over again learning. It makes it harder to switch from one FPS to another and is probably the main reason most people who play COD stick to COD, and BF to BF and KZ to KZ.

Message 25 of 84 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3420 posts

Feb 6, 2011

Since alot of posts regarding this topic that's been going on for months just boil down to "i hate the controls, anyone who loves them is blind " and "i love them, you're just a cod fanboy" Neither side is right or wrong as it boils down to preference but assuming you know best means no one will take you seriously and you look arrogant making demands instead of suggestions.

I thought i'd try to give insight into my own experience, some of which i've mentioned before months ago.

I played alot of Killzone 2 and even though it was alot of fun i personally thought the controls were a little sloppy in some areas, The weighted feel was great, i didn't feel like a camera with legs but the aiming just felt a little laggy and unresponsive, the melee system was like a drunk man trying to swat a bumblebee and trying to sprint around tight parts of the map always left me hugging door frames or rails. A one on one fight at medium range was a little tricky with hipfire but i found it even more difficult with the sights. I pretty much ignored sniping, pistols and shotguns. The unpredictabily of all these elements always kept me on my toes and in a wierd way made it more intense but eventually my frustration of not feeling fully in control of my characters actions stopped me playing and coming back to it later in the year.

It seemed like when i played the closed beta for Killzone 3 alot of things i had issue with were still present however after playing for a good 10+ hours now on the open beta is seems GG has fixed all the problems i had with KZ2, the weighty feel for the character is still there but i can be alot more precise when turning, running through the tighter sections in levels with ease. The new brutal melee system is fantastic, like night and day from the old. It's fluid, very responsive and now goes hand in hand with the intensity of firefights, plus i love how if quick enough the attacker can be killed by another leaving the victim alive and not just having him fall down dead (AVP, looking at you). Aiming both hipfire and down the sights feel alot more accurate, if i get the jump on a group at medium range i can take them all down without a problem where as the last game i felt lucky if i took down one and still had rounds in the clip. The tiny visual tweaks to the sights, better bullet damage and less sway means long distance fights aren't frustrating but fun, i feel i only have myself to blame when i'm killed now and not my characters delayed reactions. Best of all i feel comfortable using the sniper, single shot or burst fire rifles along with pistols and shotguns...and don't forget that beastly shotgun pistol, that's fast becoming a favourite backup weapon of mine.

I still have a few nitpicks, i'd like some first person animations similar to the campaign to come into multiplayer, mainly planting charges, sprint sliding and vaulting over low obstacles just to make things a little more dramatic but that's all i have now...nitpicks. I love the improvements to the controls how they stand now, some may not but again it's their preference, i don't see any technical errors with them just differences to other play styles. A friend of mine came round to check it out and while he didn't do too well bless him, he still thought it was fun after previously thinking Killzone 2 was unplayable.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Message 26 of 84 (63 Views)
Gaming Beast
2380 posts

Feb 6, 2011

leukoplast wrote:

Everybody needs to watch this video, as it does a pretty good job explaining why the controls are still flawed.

Slow compressed controls ... If a game like K3 was on the PC it would fail , or most would mod the hell out of the controls so they move normal with your mouse pad

Message 27 of 84 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2380 posts

Feb 6, 2011

lhopethisisfree wrote:

Wouldnt it save a lot of hassle if these devs let you config your own buttons. Half the battle is getting used to a new scheme every game. I had to config my buttons to be more like KZ2 on BC2 and now back to KZ3 which is completly different to how I had them in KZ2.

And if I ever want to go back to BC2 I have to start over again learning. It makes it harder to switch from one FPS to another and is probably the main reason most people who play COD stick to COD, and BF to BF and KZ to KZ.

They need to allow for customizing your style of movement ! Allow the player to have full access to a movement compressor built in the game ! 4 options that help tweak your playing style .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jARFT-sDLV0 - instead of Audio think movements

Message 28 of 84 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
506 posts

Feb 6, 2011

The controls are fake. I still have a problem with that sentence. The buttons feel real and if Im not mistaken look pretty darn real too me.

Message 29 of 84 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
150 posts

Feb 6, 2011

Funny video. I have not experienced that problem while playing with move.

Message 30 of 84 (63 Views)
0 Likes