Big Daddy
18796 posts

Re: 32 --> 24?? less players in Killzone 3??

Feb 4, 2011

dulun18 wrote:

SitoWaM wrote:

Unfortunately, yes.

i think the only solutions to keep it still exciting with more action and less running around the map looking for someone to kill

1- smaller map

2- lesser wait time during wounded??

3- other methods that the developer planning to use to keep it action intact with less players..

well.. at least looks like the time waiting..  drop from like 9 seconds.. to 5??...   whatever it is. it sure is quicker..

i'm a medic.. and when i noticed a guy down.. by the time i got to him he's alreay gone!!  (i'm only in the next room!!!)

**from the beta.. looks like it's a map that encourage camping/ and back stabbing (literally).. lol..  since you no longer punch your enemies.. but stab a knife in their face..

**similar with uncharted 2 of  sneaky attack from behind are instead death..**

What Are Internet TROLLS ?
To QUOTE- TOP RIGHT of the reply box - To MULTI-QUOTE
PSP and PS3 owner..YES...i still play the LAST GEN systems
****still waiting for The LAST GUARDIAN****
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 21 of 28 (47 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1853 posts

Re: 32 --> 24??   less players in Killzone 3??

Feb 4, 2011

A lot of us closed beta testers brought up the fact that the reduced respawn time makes the Medic's revive ability almost useless. By the time you clear the area of enemies (so you don't get killed while you're reviving) and run up to your ally he has respawned. The revive ability is only good when a player is far from a TSP and could save time by getting revived (and Revive++ allows the medic to revive himself in such a situation).

But, I guess GG decided it wasn't enough of a problem...

Message 22 of 28 (47 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
18796 posts

Feb 5, 2011

Dark_Lord_Null wrote:

A lot of us closed beta testers brought up the fact that the reduced respawn time makes the Medic's revive ability almost useless. By the time you clear the area of enemies (so you don't get killed while you're reviving) and run up to your ally he has respawned. The revive ability is only good when a player is far from a TSP and could save time by getting revived (and Revive++ allows the medic to revive himself in such a situation).

But, I guess GG decided it wasn't enough of a problem...

seriously.... i don't see the point of even include in medic anymore..   but if you can auto heal yourself when you unlock the ++ ability. then that's great.. but so much for teamwork.. lol

but with killzone 3.. the wait time is much short.. so. eh..  may not many will bother wait for the medic. and just press x to respawn instead.. since at least it's quicker..

Message 23 of 28 (47 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
139 posts

Feb 5, 2011

Indeed, medics are pretty useless now. The only plus is that self revive, but other than that theres really no point. No more health packs, full regen health, gimped revive, a faster respawn timer, and a drone that gets in your way more than it helps...so with no more assualt class and a gimped medic there are really only 4 "classes" now in KZ3 O.o

PSN:Minimog7
*Currently Playing*: The Last of US, DUST514
Message 24 of 28 (47 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
326 posts

Feb 5, 2011

I think medic are one of the most useful classes, you give off health to near by teamates, and reviving is important. If they are near an objective they can revive a teamate or themself and are that much closer. Plus the bot that follows them around is the best bot in the game.

Message 25 of 28 (47 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1558 posts

Feb 6, 2011

I loved 24 player matches in KZ2 and always thought 32 was too crowded and chaotic on most maps.

That said though, having the option for people that prefer 32 players would not be bad.

A Land Trout saved is a land trout earned.
Message 26 of 28 (47 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
139 posts

Feb 6, 2011

DaRk-MiNd- wrote:

I think medic are one of the most useful classes, you give off health to near by teamates, and reviving is important. If they are near an objective they can revive a teamate or themself and are that much closer. Plus the bot that follows them around is the best bot in the game.

Photobucket

I run medic all the time, and did in KZ2 as well. Let me tell you, I don't ever use the medic bot. It won't help you kill someone, it get's in the way ALL the time when you're inside a building (especially the more you scan left to right) and when it blows up it kills you with it. Sure it's really usefull for bleeding out enemies so you don't have to worry about it, but that is really all it IS good for. Also, it gives away your class easily, making enemies more cautious of you when you die because they know you can self-revive.

PSN:Minimog7
*Currently Playing*: The Last of US, DUST514
Message 27 of 28 (47 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
18796 posts

Feb 6, 2011

dkramer wrote:

I loved 24 player matches in KZ2 and always thought 32 was too crowded and chaotic on most maps.

That said though, having the option for people that prefer 32 players would not be bad.

A Land Trout saved is a land trout earned.

i think there could be various reasons

like  you played in a small map    since i don't bother playing in a match that only have around 20-24 players when there should be 32 total..    too much running to even bother   i like killzone 2 online is because of that.. since you dont' have to run long to look for action..   if playing on team that know what they are doing.. then action is always there.. if not.. eh..  running around can be annoying..

to simply put.. i don't like the FPS style like Flashpoint game .. where you spend more time running than shooting..

Message 28 of 28 (47 Views)
0 Likes