Survivor
2669 posts

Re: sniping without sixaxis?

Feb 4, 2009

Elvroy wrote:
I have dualshock 3 which came with the console. So it isn't always sixaxis. Though, I believe that there is virtually no difference between these two controllers(?)

The DS3 has Sixaxis.  It just has rumble too.

Message 10 of 22 (5 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Feb 4, 2009

I have dualshock 3 which came with the console. So it isn't always sixaxis. Though, I believe that there is virtually no difference between these two controllers(?)

I have just proved my self as a dumbass?

Message Edited by Elvroy on 02-04-2009 08:52 AM
Message 11 of 22 (5 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Feb 4, 2009

CrayzeeCarl wrote:

Elvroy wrote:

The DS3 has Sixaxis.  It just has rumble too.

Yeah. I managed to miss think a while there already. It just there on the table and the DS showed so big. I dunno :/ How stupid can you be...

Message 12 of 22 (5 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Feb 4, 2009

PANCH0__V1LLA wrote:

i have 2 ps3 controllers that are messed up due to stupid cod4 , the analog sticks move on their own

so i prefer using a ps2 controller with an adapter they seem a lot more durable to me

I have the same problem, one controller has the right joystick move randomly and the other controller likes to have the triangle button press at the worst times...What adapter do you use for your PS2 controllers? I might get that until i can afford a new DS3 controller.

Message 13 of 22 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
756 posts

Feb 4, 2009

theres sum brand name ones that cost around $15 - $20 but i bought a cheapy from ebay for like $5 similar to this

http://cgi.ebay.com/USB-FOR-PS2-TO-PS3-GAME-CONTROLLER-CONVERTER-ADAPTER_W0QQitemZ380101403016QQcmdZ...

I wasnt sure it would work but it works great actually no problems at all. The only backfall is that there is no PS button so I keep one of the broken controllers plugged in for whenever i need to push the PS button

some adapters i think may have the ps button option on their so if u need the ps button get one of those or if u hvae the 2nd remote plugged u can use that one just to hit the ps button.

Message 14 of 22 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2509 posts

Feb 4, 2009

PANCH0__V1LLA wrote:

i have 2 ps3 controllers that are messed up due to stupid cod4 , the analog sticks move on their own

so i prefer using a ps2 controller with an adapter they seem a lot more durable to me

Well, if your PS2 controller gets messed up by COD4, and my DS3 is still fine after months of playing COD4, which do you think is more durable?

Ocean Sig
Message 15 of 22 (5 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5313 posts

Feb 4, 2009

DaveSRT4 wrote:
How can u not have sixaxis? Unless your using ps2 controllers.

yeah I know right, some people use them though. there is an adapter floating on the web somewhere

photo Kz2SigLBPPSForums.jpg
Message 16 of 22 (5 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1039 posts

Feb 4, 2009

one of my my controllers caled the pelican,  it glows when you plug it in.  Its not sixaxis.  I got it as a gift and really only use it if i have three people over.  But it works fine. 

Bluelizard-
Message 17 of 22 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
756 posts

Feb 4, 2009
well no one really answered what would happen with the scope if sixaxiis is not active or enabled yet does anyone really know or guess ill find out tomorrow

Message 18 of 22 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
463 posts

Feb 4, 2009
You can't just "turn off" the sixaxis control, its built into the controller. If there is a way to turn it off via the game itself (IE: go into the options menu and disable it in game) then you'll probably just use the right analog stick like you do with any other game, with any other trusty sniper rifle.
Message 19 of 22 (5 Views)
0 Likes