Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 20 2009
By: Frankie78 Lombax Warrior 220 posts

owned this game now almost a month here is my review

158 replies 6 views Edited Mar 20, 2009

Ok here is my last review of this game for any potential buyers of this game KillZone 2....

I feel now having owned this game for almost 1 month...I am not going to learn anything new that I have not already done...let me give you a quick rundown of what I accomplished...

1. Beat the game on normal

2. Acquired every badge in the game

3. Top 3% trophy awarded

played extensive on all forms of multi player small teams to 32 player...

now here is my unbiased review..if this bores you please leave and no immature comments..

first we will start with the pros. of the game...

1. Great campaign mode lots of action...had a very good time...was excited to continue and finish the game...not due to the story, but to get back into the action

2.Graphics...are top notch..no game had graphics that look this good on a HD flat screen..except for RE5 ...or metal gear solid

3.unlockables for online..keeps you glued "till" you unlock all the badges to unlock classes etc..

4.proxy chatter. I actually like that and feel it should be in more FPS games...pretty cool you can hear your enemy when they are close...or just plain fun to get flamed after you kill someone lol

now on to the dread CONS...that most of you may not agree with...again this is just my personal opinon. etc..

1. Horrible story in the campaign mode.Actually I stand corrected..bad acting....I never got the feeling of I cared what happened to anyone in the story..very generic..foul mouth sterotype marines..I never kept pushing forward because I wanted to unlock what was going on...I did it for the action..

2. sound is horrible and annoying...like I previsoly stated the voices of the chrarecters were god awful...explosions etc..not up to par to todays standards.

3.friendley A.I. horrible...if I could kill for helgast I would..your back up mostley gets in your way...Never kills anyone...worthless

4.Story is way to short...I finished the game in 4 hrs...needed more levels etc..

5.levels are blanned not so much bad just feel the same every level...

6.Multiplayer weapon damage...what is going on pistols takes about 9 shots to drop someone..helgast standard rifle horrible iron sites...just bad bad bad

7.not enough weapon choices....and in some classes you are only allowed 1 gun for that class...very silly..

8.some badges feel almost impossile to get...kill 5 people with air support or turrets...sounds easy..anything BUT

9.Controls...lag lag lag...the update was a joke..nothing was done to fix the control lag...and whats funny is this lag does not feel so present in the campaign mode..aim in M.P. feels like its fighting you..to not make the shot..very strange..first time I ever expirenced this in a game..

10.party system pretty much non exsistent...no way to invite a friend into a room...

11. sniper...my fav class...but trying to line up a shot while someone is running...is shooting on a prayer...you move like you have 100 pound weights on your body..weird

12.no real replay...after you unlock the badges...you run in rooms and its all pray and spray...no one really cares about the mission...just racking up kills...not fun

13. major exploits and glitches..people under maps..auto aim glitch...not FUN

14.hit detection..the worst..you hit someone..you die..they drop dead a second later..or you have a shot lined up and no hit... not my internet...I play otherfps games no problem.

15. fans turn on with this game all the time...system starts to over heat

Here is my final thought...from looking at my cons to pros...the cons far out weight the good in this game...It is definatley a rental...very fun for 3 days..to buy no way..100% no reply value of this game..

much better FPS shooters out there for you to get...

final score out of 1-10

6.5/10 (average)

Message Edited by Frankie78 on 03-18-2009 04:33 AM
Message Edited by Frankie78 on 03-18-2009 05:12 AM
Message Edited by Frankie78 on 03-20-2009 07:37 AM
Please use plain text.
Message 110 of 159 (6 Views)
Lombax Warrior
99 posts

Re: owned this game now almost a month here is my review

Mar 18, 2009
People under maps?  Sure you weren't playing Call ofDuty?
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 159 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
220 posts

Mar 18, 2009
LOL...YOUTUBE...KILLZONE 2 GLITCHES..IM NOT ALONE
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 159 (6 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
958 posts

Mar 18, 2009

You should PM this list to motherh because it pretty much touches all the complaints that keep recurring about this game. I would just add one - lag in hit detection in MP. I've never seen a game where so many times the guy I just killed kills me back. One I don't agree with you is that people don't care about objectives. I think they do, but if you can put a spawn grenade right next to your enemy's and both a feet away from the objective...well, you don't have to be a game designer to figure out whats going to happen next.

J.Guilhemre

guilhermeb Gamer Card
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 159 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
802 posts

Mar 18, 2009
mm, I think u review little aggressive with more over acting but I agree with some points u said
Message Edited by zeeka29may on 03-18-2009 01:32 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 159 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
220 posts

Mar 18, 2009

You should PM this list to motherh because it pretty much touches all the complaints that keep recurring about this game. I would just add one - lag in hit detection in MP. I've never seen a game where so many times the guy I just killed kills me back. One I don't agree with you is that people don't care about objectives. I think they do, but if you can put a spawn grenade right next to your enemy's and both a feet away from the objective...well, you don't have to be a game designer to figure out whats going to happen next.

J.Guilhemre

=================

Thanks....

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 159 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
138 posts

Mar 18, 2009

Lol, it looks like you sat and read the forums for a month, and wrote down every complaint on a list, and posted it in the form of a review. am i right? i know i am, lol, i check these forums alot. and you missed only a few complaints.

I know the game hasn't been out a month yet, and i'm sure you do too... or do you? lol

I don't see you on the leaderboards either, which is weird. 

One more thing... You made a post that you were selling killzone 2 a week ago, so why are you still on the killzone 2 forums? just curious...
Message Edited by Ghyst on 03-18-2009 04:52 AM
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 159 (6 Views)
Lombax Warrior
220 posts

Mar 18, 2009

Lol, it looks like you sat and read the forums for a month, and wrote down every complaint on a list, and posted it in the form of a review. am i right? i know i am, lol, i check these forums alot. and you missed only a few complaints.

I know the game hasn't been out a month yet, and i'm sure you do too... or do you? lol

I don't see you on the leaderboards either, which is weird. 

One more thing... You made a post that you were selling killzone 2 a week ago, so why are you still on the killzone 2 forums? just curious...
 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I opted to give the game more time.. to try it out...have not sold it yet...to be quite honest also..no one wants to but it LOL...and you are dead wrong GHYST...these are all things I have exp. personaly..:smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 159 (6 Views)
Lombax Warrior
220 posts

Mar 18, 2009
btw look my name up on the killzone boards...id any question if I played etc..
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 159 (6 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
138 posts

Mar 18, 2009

i'm gonna add you on psn...

i coudln't find you on the leaderboards, that's why i'm going to add you instead, in about 15 mins. look for it,. 

Message Edited by Ghyst on 03-18-2009 04:58 AM
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 159 (6 Views)
0 Likes