Reply
Gaming Beast
Registered: 06/12/2008
Offline
2235 posts
 

Re: Why was Killzone's Single-Player.... garbage?

Apr 12, 2009
Single player sucks cuz you always go thru same looking areas and shoot at same soldiers.
Photobucket
Message 61 of 120 (2 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 08/21/2005
Offline
1911 posts
 

Re: Why was Killzone's Single-Player.... garbage?

Apr 12, 2009

Triple_digit wrote:
Single player sucks cuz you always go thru same looking areas and shoot at same soldiers.
I hope your being sarcastic... 

 

Message 62 of 120 (2 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 10/20/2007
Offline
926 posts
 

Re: Why was Killzone's Single-Player.... garbage?

Apr 12, 2009

I normally dont play a single player campaign more than once but I was compelled to with KZ2.

 

 

___________________________________________________

Violence has its own economy therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
Message 63 of 120 (2 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 10/21/2008
Offline
853 posts
 

Re: Why was Killzone's Single-Player.... garbage?

Apr 12, 2009
Not garbage but not great either. Epic games have great bosses. This game has the same flying robot and basic fat giant helghan repeated through the levels. Than Radec was a simple disappearing helghan with a different mask. Not very original bosses compared to other games IMO. I liked the desert level but most others felt like the same factoy/hallways as any other shooter. BTW OP: Ocarina of time (your favorite storyline) was a basic remake of Zelda3 A link to the past. Maybe go try it for the original version.
Message 64 of 120 (2 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
Registered: 01/07/2007
Offline
3877 posts
 

Re: Why was Killzone's Single-Player.... garbage?

Apr 12, 2009
Well, I liked it. I thought it was pretty epic and awesome.
Proud PS3 Owner Since: Dec. 21,2006
Own every current gen system

Experienced the RROD on: Jan. 19, 2009 one year after purchase
LONG LIVE THE PS3!
Message 65 of 120 (2 Views)
Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/13/2006
Offline
5506 posts
 

Re: Why was Killzone's Single-Player.... garbage?

Apr 12, 2009

beta55 wrote:

PhobosIX wrote:
It was garbage for you because you thought it was bad.

Please, spare me, if you ask around on the forums you'll find out the single-player isn't anything to brag about.


You thinking that becuase you say something, it automatically becomes truth is nothing to brag about. 

 

Photobucket
Message 66 of 120 (2 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 08/27/2007
Offline
4088 posts
 

Re: Why was Killzone's Single-Player.... garbage?

Apr 12, 2009

shermzarg wrote:
Also your point about levels looking the same may be because the vast majority are in the same city...

thank you...i was wondering when someone would finally bring this up

Custard - Smacked On Your Gob!
Deus Ex Trout
Message 67 of 120 (2 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/13/2006
Offline
5506 posts
 

Re: Why was Killzone's Single-Player.... garbage?

Apr 12, 2009

heckler82 wrote:

shermzarg wrote:
Also your point about levels looking the same may be because the vast majority are in the same city...

thank you...i was wondering when someone would finally bring this up


Yep, they take place in phyruss, with the wasteland being on the outskirts of it.
I thought the cruiser was a nice bright level =] 

 

Photobucket
Message 68 of 120 (2 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 03/29/2009
Offline
690 posts
 

Re: Why was Killzone's Single-Player.... garbage?

Apr 12, 2009
it isnt garbage.. u r.
¡ P L A Y S T A T I O N - - - 4 - - - - L i F E !
Message 69 of 120 (2 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 12/02/2007
Offline
2829 posts
 

Re: Why was Killzone's Single-Player.... garbage?

Apr 12, 2009

beta55 wrote:

Raptors138 wrote:



Gloomy level design = Planet Helghast, if you don't like it, I suggest Far Cry 2 or Battlefield Bad Company. Since those take place on earth, they may be more suited to your "needs".

 

Haha, that's classic. You expect a shooter to have a good storyline? Half Life 2 is different, it's story driven, not meant to be a conventional shooter.

 

 


"Gloomy level design = Planet Helghast, if you don't like it, I suggest Far Cry 2 or Battlefield Bad Company. Since those take place on earth, they may be more suited to your 'needs'."

 

Its somebodies imagination, anything is possible so don't say "its Planet Helghast"

 

Secondly I even said "Not that I didn't like it its just that 80% of the levels looked the same", so yes I liked it but thats not my point.

 

"Haha, that's classic. You expect a shooter to have a good storyline? Half Life 2 is different, it's story driven, not meant to be a conventional shooter."

 

Wow, that's a low standard, regardless they are two shooters and if some aspects from Half-Life 2 were put into Killzone I personally think it would be a hell of a lot better.


Yes it is imagination, and if you have read the storyline for Killzone on the site or anywhere else for that matter, you would have read that Helghast is a planet rich with minerals and raw ore and great for power and supplies, however, it's a barren planet that has constant storms and is almost inhospitable.

 

It's not a low standard, it's a fact of todays shooters. Most if not all shooters have bad storylines, because, that's not what the player is going for, the player is going for a game where he/she can shoot everything in sight and feel happy about themselves.

 

You're probably gonna say Half Life 2, but is that a conventional shooter? Is Bioshock a conventional shooter? Or even a game like portal? None of those are the standard shooter. 

 

Even if a game is in first person, it's not always a shooter, take for example, Mirrors Edge. Can that be considered a shooter because it's in first person? So basically, most shooters don't have the greatest story, just something to make it seem worthwhile.



I can fly, just ask Berg
Message 70 of 120 (2 Views)
Reply
0 Likes