Mar 11 2009
By: orakga Lombax Warrior 107 posts

To Other Tacticians: LEARN TO USE YOUR NADES!! (GG Read Plz?)

34 replies 27 views Edited Mar 11, 2009

Okay,

I play as the Tactician 98% of the time.

It's the most fun class to play IMO, because you're the one that wins games and helps the entire team earn that 50% bonus at the end. 

ANYWAYS, I wanted to take a moment to TEACH the other tactitians something VITALLY IMPORTANT about this class.

It is about the SPAWN GRENDADE.  And it's quite simple.

1) When you throw a spawn grenade, your teammates will spawn FACING YOU.

What this means is... if you are facing the enemy team and throw a  spawn grenade, your teammates will be facing AWAY from the enemy, and will spend their first 3-5 seconds figuring out where to turn to.  So, next time you throw down that spawn, do us all a favor; TURN AROUND FIRST and face your own team before doing it.  It'll make the lives of your teammates 300% easier. 

There is a 2-second invincibility period for anybody that uses the spawn.

Don't make them waste those seconds turning and orienting themselves.

2) Throw it where it matters

This may sound obvious, but throw down the spawns where people can see their objective the moment they spawn.  If your team is defending, don't throw it facing some obscure direction.  Throw it in a way that lets people see the objective THE MOMENT they spawn.  And don't throw it behind a wall either.  Your teammates should be able to SHOOT at the objective RIGHT AWAY.  And by that I mean shooting at anybody arming a bomb.

3) Don't Be a Tactitcan If You Can't Handle It

Each team can only have two active spawn points at a time.  That means... if you throw one in a useless location, you prevent a useful one from being places somewhere else.  So do us all a favor.  If you don't know what to do as a Tactician, and are only doing the spawns to get those "cool" sentry bots... please don't bother.  As you will find out the hard way, the sentry bots SUCK.  And by wasting those spawn grenades, you're really hold the team back.

4) TO GG: Add a Load Screen Tutorial for Spawn Grenade Placement

I think what I mentioned in #1 is not obvious to most players.  If you could add one of those "hint" screens to the loadscreen rotation, it'll help spread this knowledge.  That, or just patch the grenades so that people face away from the tactician.

Thanks,

Message Edited by orakga on 03-11-2009 10:48 AM
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 35 (27 Views)
First Son
10 posts

Re: To Other Tacticians: LEARN TO USE YOUR NADES!! (GG Read Plz?)

Mar 11, 2009
 didnt know it that and was wondering why sometimes i get spawned facing worng direction, thanks that helped very much now i will be a better tactician.
Message Edited by Gen-An on 03-11-2009 10:50 AM
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 35 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
224 posts

Mar 11, 2009

Nice post, i had no idea that teamates spawn facing the way I throw it.

kudos

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 35 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

Mar 11, 2009
thanks! did not know that's how the spawn grenades work. will definitely start throwing them in the right way so that teammates are facing objectives.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 35 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
84 posts

Mar 11, 2009
Good to know, I was always confused as to how the spawn direction worked.  I've been throwing them sideways behind the closest cover to the enemy to be safe.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 35 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
756 posts

Mar 11, 2009
dont turn around to throw the nades just throw them at a wall or object where they bounce back. If thers another good tactician ill be something else but good tacticians never let their nades run out keep spamming them so its nonstop. also if theres an objective or thing to defend keep switching locations and go to where the team is needed and keep spamming there

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 35 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2981 posts

Mar 11, 2009
naw im kool.what idiot throws a spawn grnade with the enemy IN FRONT OF YOU.throw behind some cover.Something reasonable.unless u know what match is coming next,dont throw one down with a few seconds left.u dont want a spawn point on one side of the map then bam u gotta run all the way back for assasination!!!but u need common sense with all the classes.medic,and engineer too!!
Down '74 the Getaway!!!
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 35 (27 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1135 posts

Mar 11, 2009
Kudos for the direction Knowledge  - thanks !

The mission of People’s Home Initiative is to provide and support committed, confident and caring volunteers who through community relations, leadership and a standard of excellence help to achieve a more unified and productive voice for the Home community and to make Home a better more enjoyable experience for all.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 35 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
107 posts

Mar 11, 2009

SLADE47 wrote:
what idiot throws a spawn grnade with the enemy IN FRONT OF YOU.throw behind some cover.
Err.... okay you need to learn to read:
1) The 2-second invincibility means it doesn't necessarily mean you need to throw it behind cover.  But yes, discretion would be prudent.
2) Would you rather have someone throw it in front of the enemy AND facing the wrong direction?  That's the point of my post.  Kthx.

Message Edited by orakga on 03-11-2009 12:04 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 35 (27 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
710 posts

Mar 11, 2009
Yes the direction knowledge is nice, cause I hate spawning looking at the wall only to find that before I turn I got a shotty on my back.
MAG BETA TESTER! Pictures, Images and Photos

http://www.pingtest.net/result/61716.png
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 35 (27 Views)
0 Likes