Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
121 posts

Re: So Guerrilla - KZ3 is out soon. Can we have Killzone 2 back now, please?

Oct 25, 2010
Thats fu*ked up.. Killzone without multiplayer is like a convertible without the roof, you can only play when it doesnt rain.
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 40 (13 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1028 posts

Oct 25, 2010

IssY_I wrote:
Thats fu*ked up.. Killzone without multiplayer is like a convertible without the roof, you can only play when it doesnt rain.

It's really not that bad at all compared to playing online..... I can play any map I want with no lag ever and the AI is so good and random that it keeps me on my toes and makes me a better player. The replayability is extensive for me but it would be better if I could set longer games in Skirmish, that is really my only complaint. I can pause the game if I have to take a dump or a bong rip. 

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 40 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4131 posts

Oct 25, 2010
..no lag, no crazy people.. frankly, the AI is pretty good.

...he's got a point, you know.
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 40 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12345 posts

Oct 25, 2010

Crimson_Ryan wrote:

leukoplast wrote:
I really don't understand the unwavering bias and hatred people have towards the COD series. While I agree MW2 turned out quite badly in a lot of ways, COD4 was gold... even before MW2 came out a lot of the KZ2 fanbase had unrelenting hatred towards anything COD related. For no good reason either. It was simply hate and bias fueled by emotion.

This has gone WAY beyond a simple distaste for the COD series, it is very personal for a lot of you COD haters. Whether you like it or not, COD4 set the standard for FPS games to come for MANY years. Why? Because it did so many things RIGHT.

I am not saying every FPS game needs to be like COD, in fact quite the opposite. And I believe GG accomplished this with KZ2, and is only taking it further with KZ3. You guys really REALLY need to stop looking at the similarities between KZ and COD and focus on the differences and why KZ3 is so much more unique and different than any COD game ever will be. Stop judging the book by its cover and read it for once.

It's like everyone in this forum had a tough breakup with COD and are going to let the world know it. COD4 was the first FPS game to get that raw, untapped form of awesome and epic that no FPS has had since GoldenEye on the N64. Then World At War came out, and everyone played it just for Zombies, then MW2 came out that was so bugged out and glitchy that once IW got their money, they abandoned the community and now it's being hacked and people are getting their stats wiped and it's just awful. Black Ops is, so far, the first COD to have any amount of effort put into it(And a lot of effort too).

I've seen some COD hate. I mean pure, children-sacrificing HATE. But this forum is coming pretty close to matching that level of bizzaro rage that is very hard to come by. It's very out of place, and doesn't seem to make a lot of sense. We get it, you had COD, but jeez. I hate Halo, but you don't see me on the COD forums "HALO SUCKS IT COULD NEVER BE COD COD IS DA BEST MAYNE I DEET IT".

Killzone isn't copying COD. The killstreaks in KZ2 aren't actual kill streaks, they just inform you that you are on a streak. Doesn't every game do that? And about the whole "Ribbon" thing, well it sounds like it might be a bad idea, but we'll see what happens when the beta rolls around.

Well put Ryan. +kudos. That is a good analogy there, 'Coming off a bad breakup" cause that is exactly what it seems like. It's like they have all been emotionally **bleep** slapped by the COD games, and will forever have a sour place in their heart for it.

I also 100% agree about COD4 and the reference to GE 007 and PD. Since those two games, COD4 was the first one to really amplify and re-solidify how I felt about the FPS genera. Cause until COD4, there really wasn't anything else out there that rivaled the fun I had with GE 007 and PD. Although I will admit, Halo's 1 and 2 were pretty great. I never played them online, but their SP campaign were pretty epic. H3 was a major failure IMO.
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 40 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4131 posts

Oct 25, 2010
"I also 100% agree about COD4 and the reference to GE 007 and PD. Since those two games, COD4 was the first one to really amplify and re-solidify how I felt about the FPS genera."

...good thing you're all taking this seriously, you know. Lets us all know we're on the right track when standing in awe all around here.
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 40 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
196 posts

Oct 25, 2010

fleinn wrote:

The long and the short of it is that if you want to save KZ2, you really have to roll back the patches (and remove the auto-aim, while bringing back the anti-lag kick). ..Really, there's just nothing else for it, GG. You finally have to do the experiment with "splitting the community in two" over this. To save KZ2 online, obviously.

correct me if iam wrong HP=/=auto-aim.

all HP does is remove the dead zone

KZ2 online is beyond the need of saving, we as gamers have to deal with the online a bit longer until KZ3

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 40 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4131 posts

Oct 25, 2010
...no, it doesn't "remove the deadzone". The deadzone is controlled programmatically on the gamepad. What the HP mode does, is slightly change the acceleration curve.

...But that's not really significant, since both with and without HP on, the game still has way, way more accurate and twitchy controls, than what you had on the release and beta-versions.. :/
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 40 (13 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1299 posts

Oct 25, 2010

fleinn wrote:
"I also 100% agree about COD4 and the reference to GE 007 and PD. Since those two games, COD4 was the first one to really amplify and re-solidify how I felt about the FPS genera."

...good thing you're all taking this seriously, you know. Lets us all know we're on the right track when standing in awe all around here.

I just wish leuko would learn the word genre (sorry I've seen him do this in several of his posts and it's been getting to me). Genera is the plural form of genus (note: I did not misspell genius here, folks). Genera is a Latinate word and, while genre does take its roots from the same word, there is a difference (not just the plural/singular one either).

On topic, I like the idea, fleinn. I think that it would be nice to have the 'rollback' patch be available and be OPTIONAL, so those that want it can have it and those that don't, don't HAVE to have it in order to play the game. Just my thoughts on the matter though.

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 40 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4131 posts

Oct 25, 2010
..I'd go for that. Split the versions, and allow hosts to have either version on their ps3. Could call them "roots" and "core", or something. Instead of the "kiddie mode" we suggested early on when the patches started coming.

*sigh* .. man, I'm never going to get over this..
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 40 (13 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Oct 28, 2010

i just got kz2 1 mo ago and i love it,i dont know what it was like before but FUN now, and seems WAY different from MW2 to me 

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 40 (13 Views)
0 Likes