Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 24 2010
By: fleinn Fender Bender 4131 posts

So Guerrilla - KZ3 is out soon. Can we have Killzone 2 back now, please?

39 replies 189 views Edited Oct 24, 2010

As you might know, not everyone was very happy with the patching in KZ2 - since it ruined a very good game completely. The way the patching went ensured that what I saw in the previews, and played for exactly five days after release - was replaced with Call of Duty. Which in turn broke the balance in the game, as well as made several of the class-abilities unusable.

This was why most of the classes in KZ2 games online would be banned during a game, and why the air and ground-bots would have been banned as well if that was possible.

Certain people at GG insisted that the ability to turn off these classes only was a testament to how great the game's customization was - but it was really just an example of how broken the game became after the community-patching.

So. Can we have KZ2 back now, please? As a mutual favour. And as a test. Obviously, GG has made a game now that is supposed to appeal to squealing man-children who like brutal melees and circle-strafing machine-gun sprays. Meaning that the "console-community" is now going to play KZ3 anyway. Meaning that the few people who actually do play KZ2 now and actually like the new and patched control-scheme will without a doubt go to KZ3.

The long and the short of it is that if you want to save KZ2, you really have to roll back the patches (and remove the auto-aim, while bringing back the anti-lag kick). ..Really, there's just nothing else for it, GG. You finally have to do the experiment with "splitting the community in two" over this. To save KZ2 online, obviously.

Message 1 of 40 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
860 posts

Re: So Guerrilla - KZ3 is out soon. Can we have Killzone 2 back now, please?

Oct 24, 2010

I think GG wont touch KZ2 now. They are busy with KZ3 they dont have time with KZ2. And since beta coming out they want feedback so they can fix the things that is not working right.

PhotobucketImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Message 2 of 40 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4131 posts

Oct 24, 2010
..it's exactly like COD. What else is there to do now except - as the savvy folks predict - cashing in on the uncritical buyers of console-games swarming to the ps3 in their COD millions?

Anyway - I'm not asking for them to rework KZ2. I'm asking to get KZ2 as it was on the first patch (minus the auto-aim) back. The patch exists, it just has to be packaged and distributed..
Message 3 of 40 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
360 posts

Oct 24, 2010

i feel sorry for you if you think its like CoD

oh well one less person in the lobby moaning

Excision – Shambhala 2010 Dubstep Mix

http://www.tjoonz.com/dubstep/excis...10-dubstep-mix
Message 4 of 40 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
121 posts

Oct 24, 2010
GG made a big mistake by releasing KZ2.. now we have trolls in our community
Message 5 of 40 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4131 posts

Oct 24, 2010
So - are you suggesting that Guerrilla is not falling over themselves to placate noise on the internet now?

Haha..
Message 6 of 40 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
121 posts

Oct 24, 2010
They are busy repairing their mistakes that occurred in KZ2
Message 7 of 40 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12345 posts

Oct 24, 2010
I really don't understand the unwavering bias and hatred people have towards the COD series. While I agree MW2 turned out quite badly in a lot of ways, COD4 was gold... even before MW2 came out a lot of the KZ2 fanbase had unrelenting hatred towards anything COD related. For no good reason either. It was simply hate and bias fueled by emotion.

This has gone WAY beyond a simple distaste for the COD series, it is very personal for a lot of you COD haters. Whether you like it or not, COD4 set the standard for FPS games to come for MANY years. Why? Because it did so many things RIGHT.

I am not saying every FPS game needs to be like COD, in fact quite the opposite. And I believe GG accomplished this with KZ2, and is only taking it further with KZ3. You guys really REALLY need to stop looking at the similarities between KZ and COD and focus on the differences and why KZ3 is so much more unique and different than any COD game ever will be. Stop judging the book by its cover and read it for once.
Message 8 of 40 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
131 posts

Oct 24, 2010

fleinn wrote:
..it's exactly like COD. What else is there to do now except - as the savvy folks predict - cashing in on the uncritical buyers of console-games swarming to the ps3 in their COD millions?

Anyway - I'm not asking for them to rework KZ2. I'm asking to get KZ2 as it was on the first patch (minus the auto-aim) back. The patch exists, it just has to be packaged and distributed..

ahhaha so how is it EXACTLY like cod?

Message 9 of 40 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4131 posts

Oct 24, 2010

leukoplast wrote:
Stop judging the book by its cover and read it for once.

.. are you for real?

@DreadfulOmen: It's boring, arcade and all about meta-gaming. It's what the hardcore console fps-fans want, in the same way Sonic fans wanted Sonic 4.

Message 10 of 40 (189 Views)
0 Likes