Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 01 2009
By: zamsag Wastelander 916 posts

Sev is really short

11 replies 1191 views Edited Mar 1, 2009

I noticed that when you are with other squad members on the campaign and you are next to them your view of them isn't of their head it's right at their chest **bleep** why is Sev so short. 

It doesn't ruin the game I just noticed it did anyone notice this? 

Photobucket
Message 1 of 12 (1,191 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1871 posts

Re: Sev is really short

Mar 1, 2009
lol I noticed this too when I was in the room with that one girl she was like a foot taller
Photobucket
Message 2 of 12 (1,191 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
624 posts

Mar 1, 2009
yes, it's been posted many times.  It's because the camera is attached to the gun which is at chest level, wher eyou normally carry your gun.
Message 3 of 12 (1,191 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7781 posts

Mar 1, 2009
The camera viewing point is from a lower area on the character.  I believe it should be much higher to represent a true visual approach.  This also is a misrepresentation of where you head may actually be.  For cover instances, it may appear that you are fully behind cover, when in reality your head is slightly above cover and exposed.
Message 4 of 12 (1,191 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1342 posts

Mar 1, 2009
actually, when I noticed this I started paying attention to the characters.  when sev seems his shortest is when everyone is fully erect and standing tall.  it gives the impression that you're playing as some kind of midget.  but if you notice when the npcs are in their battle stance, they bend their knees a bit and become a bit shorter than the others who are standing tall.  if you try to measure your height with them, you kind of see you're at eye level with them in that stance.  it just appears he's shorter but he really isn't since you're not able to completely stand tall.
Message 5 of 12 (1,191 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1403 posts

Mar 1, 2009

HAHAH

i remember walking with some soldiers and being like, dude **bleep** why is everyone so effing huge?

i feel like a midget walking around them. 

Message 6 of 12 (1,191 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7781 posts

Mar 1, 2009

INC06N36R0 wrote:
actually, when I noticed this I started paying attention to the characters.  when sev seems his shortest is when everyone is fully erect and standing tall.  it gives the impression that you're playing as some kind of midget.  but if you notice when the npcs are in their battle stance, they bend their knees a bit and become a bit shorter than the others who are standing tall.  if you try to measure your height with them, you kind of see you're at eye level with them in that stance.  it just appears he's shorter but he really isn't since you're not able to completely stand tall.

Good observation!

Message 7 of 12 (1,191 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
617 posts

Mar 1, 2009
You seem short when playing multiplayer too. It's funny because sometimes people think they are completely behind cover because they can't see over the ledge they are hiding behind, but I can actually still see their head. Makes for some easy kills sometimes
iamterrible
Message 8 of 12 (1,191 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
606 posts

Mar 1, 2009
He's pre-ducked for cover!  You can't even tell when he's hiding and when he isn't.  Don't forget guys this is on helgast, the gravity is much stronger there so his spine is completely impacted and collapsed, which is also why he moves so slowly and with such inertia.  It's realism!
Message 9 of 12 (1,191 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2882 posts

Mar 1, 2009
Sev slouches lol
My Plats:

ps3 platinum trophy uncharted drakes fortuneps3 platinum trophy little big planetps3 platinum trophy killzone 2ps3Uncharted 2 PlatModern Warfare 2 Platinum TrophyAssassin's Creed 2Trine
Message 10 of 12 (1,191 Views)
0 Likes