Highlighted
Aug 27 2010
By: sean_dykstra Splicer 72 posts

Proximity Mines/C4

26 replies 18 views Edited Aug 27, 2010

So I just unlocked proximity mines and have been testing them out for a few rounds. Usually I put them on the ground in door ways, but that rarely sets them off. Is there a specific way you should place them? Or is it better to put them on the side of the entrance, rather than on the ground? Also, do players have to step on them directley, or do they go off if they get close? Any other tips? Thanks a bunch!

Message 1 of 27 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1853 posts

Re: Proximity Mines/C4

Aug 27, 2010

Doorways are good, but the sides of doorways are better (they are more difficult to spot). It's also helpful to place them at the tops of stairs -- enemies can't see them until they detonate. You will need two charges to kill an enemy player with full health, or three if he is an assault trooper. They will detonate if a player gets within a half meter or so of a charge. Place them as close together (preferably right on top of each other) so that they detonate at the same time (if they are too far apart an enemy may set off one, which in turn detonates another prematurely by the explosion).

Message 2 of 27 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
376 posts

Aug 27, 2010

C4 is hilarious, especially when you kill the same player 5 times in a row.

Message 3 of 27 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1844 posts

Aug 27, 2010

I always tip my hat to a player who places C4 on one of our ammo crates.  I go to refill my weapon and " BOOM" ..I'm dead.  Well played....well played !!

.RATT  CLAN

Photobucket.RATT CLAN....... KZ2 CIC......... KZ_VIP
Message 4 of 27 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
72 posts

Sep 1, 2010

Dark_Lord_Null wrote:

Doorways are good, but the sides of doorways are better (they are more difficult to spot). It's also helpful to place them at the tops of stairs -- enemies can't see them until they detonate. You will need two charges to kill an enemy player with full health, or three if he is an assault trooper. They will detonate if a player gets within a half meter or so of a charge. Place them as close together (preferably right on top of each other) so that they detonate at the same time (if they are too far apart an enemy may set off one, which in turn detonates another prematurely by the explosion).

So would you say that it would be more effective to put them on top of eachother than it would be to put all three in a doorway but slightly spread out?

Message 5 of 27 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1853 posts

Sep 1, 2010

sean_dykstra wrote:

Dark_Lord_Null wrote:

So would you say that it would be more effective to put them on top of eachother than it would be to put all three in a doorway but slightly spread out?

Put them on top of each other in a doorway or at the top of a flight of stairs. The point is to put them as close as possible to one another so that one does detonate and cause the others to detonate prematurely (i.e. before the enemy is close enough to be injured by the explosion).

Message 6 of 27 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
404 posts

Sep 1, 2010

c4 is overpowered

Message 7 of 27 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1853 posts

Sep 1, 2010

X-PISTOL_CHAOS-X wrote:

c4 is overpowered

2-3 charges to kill someone is overpowered? You do realize that C4 is quite powerful in real life, right?

Message 8 of 27 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
404 posts

Sep 1, 2010

Dark_Lord_Null wrote:

X-PISTOL_CHAOS-X wrote:

c4 is overpowered

2-3 charges to kill someone is overpowered? You do realize that C4 is quite powerful in real life, right?

There basically invisible, i was killed with c4 5 times in a row once, and I walked really slowly and looked everywhere for them

Message 9 of 27 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1853 posts

Sep 1, 2010

X-PISTOL_CHAOS-X wrote:

Dark_Lord_Null wrote:

X-PISTOL_CHAOS-X wrote:

c4 is overpowered

There basically invisible, i was killed with c4 5 times in a row once, and I walked really slowly and looked everywhere for them

Wait, you kept going back to the same spot and trying to find them?

They have flashing green (if friendly) or red (if enemy) lights.

Message 10 of 27 (18 Views)
0 Likes