Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Monster Hunter
45 posts

Re: *Official* Controller input

Feb 6, 2009

brooksay wrote:

If these unresponsive controls are meant to be here then I'd like to request there be an option that we play without them.

So we'll have everyone who likes it play with their "realistic, weight-like feel" and everyone who thinks it dumb should be able to just put a check in a box in the options menu and have good old, regular console aiming back.

Message Edited by brooksay on 02-06-2009 01:30 PM

You can.  Its called Halo, COD4, and R2.

Message 170 of 3,072 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8242 posts

Feb 6, 2009

GoD_D-Mac76 wrote:

DPyro wrote:
That's true, I'd like to know how old all these people who are complaining are?

No problem I'm 32 years old

I also dont get into forum wars.

This is the way I see it,

100% of the people on this board wanted Kilzone 2 to be the defining FPS for Playstation 3

Some of those people were willing to go where ever GG led them and accept and adapt too what they were given

Some of those people wanted to experience a Fps that was as close to perfect as is currently possible

With the concerns regarding the control system its obvious that those belonging to the second group would not be satisfied with the current control system and are therefor extremely disapointed and are now left questioning why they put so much faith in the game.

We are allowed to voice that dissapointment in the hope that GG will implement some sort of future patch to enable us to enjoy the game as much as those who think its perfect.

And lets get real....Nothing will happen before release, a patch will only be released if GG feel that the sales are not what they expected or that the online MP starts seeing a drop in users quickly after launch, only then will a patch be considered.

We can only assume that with the amount of time that the game was in development Everything contained within it will be exactly as GG intended it to be and Im sure they spent weeks discussing how the game should look and play before the final desicion was made. Also someone pretty high up in GG made the final desicion to design the control system this way and to reverse that desicion would damage there credibilty and reputation within the company......in other words there will be no major changes to the control system unless they absolutly have too and that desicion will be made months after release only after irefutable evidence that the control system has seriously affected sales.

They dont need to do anything yet...they will wait, for the moment the Hype will sell the game regardless 

I've realized everything this man has said since I first played the demo.

Chances are we really won't see a change in this and it really is too bad because it almost breaks the game for me.

Message 171 of 3,072 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
617 posts

Feb 6, 2009

HomicideHARTFORD wrote:
Ok...

There is only one solution to this problem. Majority, because majority rules. The way i see it, there are mixed emotions on the sluggish controls (or lack there of for people who feel it's fine.) Everyone just needs to be 100% real on this subject...either you agree with the controls or you want them to be changed. I can almost guarantee you that if these mixed emotions don't go toward one side, there will be change/no change. Think about it, if 50% of the people like the controls and 50% hate them, then im sure the developers are going to the keep it the way it is. Because they already catered to one side. Why go thru all the trouble to cater the other side when they already have one side satisfied? Someone should set up a thread where everyone posts one response and one response only: Change the controls, or Don't change the controls. And we'll really see who likes the controls and who doesn't. Without any organization all we're going to see from now until February 27th (probably even further) are unorganized rants, disagreements, and to put in the street term, "beef." It's sad that it has to come down to this ultimatum but it's the only way we're probably going to see any progress. Everyone should feel lucky that GG is so in touch with their gamers. So be real, because if you're just trying to defend the game just for the sake of it being such a big game for the Sony side, then you're doing more hurt than support, likewise, the same goes for the other side. That is all. =]

That's right i'm quoting myself because i'm getting overlooked. =/
www.soundclick.com/arsonthemarxman
Message 172 of 3,072 (15 Views)
Lombax Warrior
139 posts

Feb 6, 2009

The controls did take some getting used to but I loved them! I bumped up the sensitivity 1 notch on each axis and that was good enough for me. I love the fact that the game feels weightier than avg fps titles. One idea I had for the next game though... an 'adrenalin mode' where the characters movements, accuracy, and reloading occur significantly quicker... in order to facilitate some really brilliant killing sprees! In order to be really rewarding though, it should be difficult to build up enough stamina or stress leading into this adrenalin mode...

Anyway, I can't wait until the full game comes out. I know some ppl will have trouble adjusting to the controls, but I love them! I play a wide variety of games... the only other fps that I'm playing right now is Resistance 2. The other games currently in my rotation are Fallout 3, Valkyria Chronicles, & Burnout Paradise.

PSN ID: HazeBlaze

Current Favorites: MGS4, Warhawk, Uncharted, GTA IV, Heavenly Sword, & Ratchet and Clank, Resistance 2, & Killzone 2
Looking Forward to: White Knight Chronicles, FF XIII, Infamous, & GOWIII
Message 173 of 3,072 (15 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1247 posts

Feb 6, 2009

I hope you guys don't change the way the aiming is, Mother.  I was just about to post a thread saying something about how people say KZ2 brings nothing to the FPS genre other than pretty graphics.  I think it brings a lot more due to the weightier aiming system.  If you think about it all FPS games are just like browsing the internet.  See a link then aim the pointer onto the link button and shoot... KZ2 actually requires some getting used to for the various weights of the guns.  It is the definition of a game, something we play, something we learn, and something we adapt to the style of; it is however, not a glorified web browser.  Let's compare it to Resistance 2.  There is heavy aim assist going on in that game plus the immediate twitch movements.  I played R2 to the point of getting 10,000 kills for the trophy, but throughout all that time I never really got better at the game because everyone was on such an even learning curve, a non existant learning curve I should say.  It was the definition of a glorified browser, aim anywhere onto the link (player's body), aim assist sucks your aim onto them and follows them, hold fire button and finally Load(dead opponent website); 

As for the sensitivity issue.  I found my best sensitivity to be 2 notches down from max on both X and Y. 

As for other FPS games I play, all of them.  I've played pretty much all FPS games on all platforms/PC since DOOM, and I definitely think there is room for an original aiming system like KZ2.  Honestly, if the aiming wasn't weightier, and there was aim assist present, KZ2 would only be a rent.  As long as it stays like it is, KZ2 is definitely a buy, and I'm not even a KZ2 fanboy.  I'm a gamer that was on the fence about buying KZ2, and would have opted not to if it was just another run of the mill shooter.  To me pretty graphics are nice, but it is nowhere near a deciding factor for me, and if the aiming system was like other games KZ2 would be another run of the mill shooter.  As it is now, I'll be buying KZ2 over RE5 as long as the aiming stays the way it is. 

There needs to be a learning curve to great games to allow for there to be many different levels of competition.  My earlier example, R2, didn't offer any potential to get better at the game, and I believe COD4 is only so popular for the same reason, anyone can be good at it because of the aim assist and twitch aiming plus the fact that people die in 1-2 shots.  KZ2 on the other hand doesn't offer aim assist and has aiming that has to be adapted to and mastered; plus if MP is like the single player, enemies takes 4-6 body bullets or 1-2 headshot bullets which also fits the system perfectly because not only do people have to adapt and master the aiming controls, but they have to master their consistency to hit their target in the right spot for an extended period of time.  Weight and recoil come into play as well which makes it that much more possible to get better at the game giving people a reason to keep playing.  The reason is also different from your competitors which allows for not just one game to win, but both games can win by serving different needs.  Getting into a direct battle with the competition by copying what they are, will only end in you losing, and the players all going back to the competitors' game.

Message 174 of 3,072 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
78 posts

Feb 6, 2009

Once i pressed a button on the controller it should result in INSTANT REACTION IN-GAME, do ppl actually think its fun then the things you do on the controller appears 1/3 of a sec later on screen?

This will keep GAMERS away from the game, this will hurt game sales. This MUST be fixed.

METALLICA 1111 EVER!
Message 175 of 3,072 (15 Views)
Sackboy
613 posts

Feb 6, 2009

Zer033x wrote:

I hope you guys don't change the way the aiming is, Mother.  I was just about to post a thread saying something about how people say KZ2 brings nothing to the FPS genre other than pretty graphics.  I think it brings a lot more due to the weightier aiming system.  If you think about it all FPS games are just like browsing the internet.  See a link then aim the pointer onto the link button and shoot... KZ2 actually requires some getting used to for the various weights of the guns.  It is the definition of a game, something we play, something we learn, and something we adapt to the style of; it is however, not a glorified web browser.  Let's compare it to Resistance 2.  There is heavy aim assist going on in that game plus the immediate twitch movements.  I played R2 to the point of getting 10,000 kills for the trophy, but throughout all that time I never really got better at the game because everyone was on such an even learning curve, a non existant learning curve I should say.  It was the definition of a glorified browser, aim anywhere onto the link (player's body), aim assist sucks your aim onto them and follows them, hold fire button and finally Load(dead opponent website); 

As for the sensitivity issue.  I found my best sensitivity to be 2 notches down from max on both X and Y. 

As for other FPS games I play, all of them.  I've played pretty much all FPS games on all platforms/PC since DOOM, and I definitely think there is room for an original aiming system like KZ2.  Honestly, if the aiming wasn't weightier, and there was aim assist present, KZ2 would only be a rent.  As long as it stays like it is, KZ2 is definitely a buy, and I'm not even a KZ2 fanboy.  I'm a gamer that was on the fence about buying KZ2, and would have opted not to if it was just another run of the mill shooter.  To me pretty graphics are nice, but it is nowhere near a deciding factor for me, and if the aiming system was like other games KZ2 would be another run of the mill shooter.  As it is now, I'll be buying KZ2 over RE5 as long as the aiming stays the way it is. 

There needs to be a learning curve to great games to allow for there to be many different levels of competition.  My earlier example, R2, didn't offer any potential to get better at the game, and I believe COD4 is only so popular for the same reason, anyone can be good at it because of the aim assist and twitch aiming plus the fact that people die in 1-2 shots.  KZ2 on the other hand doesn't offer aim assist and has aiming that has to be adapted to and mastered; plus if MP is like the single player, enemies takes 4-6 body bullets or 1-2 headshot bullets which also fits the system perfectly because not only do people have to adapt and master the aiming controls, but they have to master their consistency to hit their target in the right spot for an extended period of time.  Weight and recoil come into play as well which makes it that much more possible to get better at the game giving people a reason to keep playing.  The reason is also different from your competitors which allows for not just one game to win, but both games can win by serving different needs.  Getting into a direct battle with the competition by copying what they are, will only end in you losing, and the players all going back to the competitors' game.

Sure, weightier system, have the movement slower when looking around etc depending on weapon type etc.  BUT NOT CHARACTER RESPONSE.

Message 176 of 3,072 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
319 posts

Feb 6, 2009

A bunch of people complained about this game going to be a CoD knock off. Now everyone wants it to control like CoD.

Forget that I think this game controls at a great pace. 

Message 177 of 3,072 (15 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
756 posts

Feb 6, 2009
exactly its a delay response

Message 178 of 3,072 (15 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1019 posts

Feb 6, 2009

GNGJohnnieWalker wrote:

I like the game's controls a lot. I didn't enjoy CoD4 because of it's twitch style and extremely quick response time

Yeah, me too.  I was so excited for CoD, but then the controls were so responsive.  It was so annoying having things happen soon after I told them to.  It was a huge let down.

On that note, it would be nice if the option to invert the X axis was implemented...

/sarcasm

MonsterHog
Message 179 of 3,072 (15 Views)
0 Likes