Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sackboy
588 posts

Re: *Official* Controller input

Feb 6, 2009
How strange - I actually thought that this s the first shooter on PS3 where the controller is not a hindrance, i.e. it is the first time I've thought that the controls in a PS3 shooter are perfect and as good as the "other console's" controller.
Please use plain text.
Message 140 of 3,072 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1775 posts

Feb 6, 2009

ClinToN wrote:

bigblack404 wrote:

I'm sorry if us gamers are hurting your feelings by giving you our criticism about the controls, but yes, I do know that FPS on consoles are slower because of the control scheme, it's called dual analog sticks.I wrote it in my last sentence. They can't keep up with the keyboard and mouse. Not once did I claim to be an FPS expert, I just love my console FPS games to be reponsive, just like PC shooters. Oh, and btw, I'm in college majoring in Computer Informations Systems, so I don't have to go back to school, I'm already in it. Don't get so ignorant with people giving constructive criticism to the game's controls. It only makes you look bad for not taking criticism to the game's crappy controls very well.

Let me correct you on something. I'm assuming you think I work for GG....guess what I don't.

I'm a gamer stating my opinion for myself just like everyone here. No one is stopping you from making comments

Didn't know that. Sorry. I came off sounding like an as*hole Although I still feel in my ealier post that the controls are still sluggish and needs some tuning, it probably won't change.

Message Edited by bigblack404 on 02-06-2009 02:31 PM
Photobucket

Please use plain text.
Message 141 of 3,072 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
28040 posts

Feb 6, 2009

Starfleets wrote:
I have a question for those who defend the control sensitivity. If there was a poll sent to every one who played the demo about whether or not to take some weight off the game and add responsiveness to it, would you welcome the poll if it meant changes would happen if enough people wanted that change? Are you confident enough that those who are complaining about it truly are a minority?

I wouldn't mind, but of course it depends to what extent. You gotta admit that it would be one hell of a task to change something of this calibur based on a survey. Not to say that it couldn't be done.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Get your Portable ID! | Killer Bees on the Swarm
Please use plain text.
Message 142 of 3,072 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
877 posts

Feb 6, 2009

ClinToN wrote:

PACE_UK wrote:
maybe an "arcade" movement setup could be introduced to satisfy those who find it sluggish. I dont btw, but would like the option to toggle crouch / cover

I think someone posted a response to the toggle crouch thing. It might have to do with the lean and peak system. You'd get snapped to any object if you're too close to it while toggled. I'm guessing that would be annoying.

Oh yeah..... i didnt think if that. I was thinking the exact thing this dude was saying, but i guess it would "suck you into everything when you got close to it).
Please use plain text.
Message 143 of 3,072 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
404 posts

Feb 6, 2009

I'm a very objective gamer. I was anticipating Fable 2 for years, but when it came out and I played through it I was so disappointed. It's a 7/10 at best for me.

I was really excited to play Infinite Undiscovery this year, but it was horrible. A 6/10 at best. (Of course I can go into detail why if you want in a private message scenario)

The final game I was looking forward to was Resident Evil 5, but the demo just turned me off from a day 1 buy. I'll probably still rent it, because I want to see  how the full product plays.

With all that said when I played the Killzone 2 demo, going in it with the same excitement level I had for any of those games/demo, I came back 100% pleased.

I'm not a fanboy for Killzone 2. That's the honest truth. I'm just not feeling or seeing this complaint on controls. I've tried both alternate 2 and standard 1 control schemes, different sensitivties, etc and the game plays great.

It comes down to this:

GG says there is no problem at this time they see, but if they DO find something they do intend to fix it. So keeping that in mind it should boil down to this for everyone and this will end all these threads once and for all.

Did you have fun with the demo? If no, then just move on. If you did, then see you on the 27th. Let's not keep beating a dead horse---they aren't changing how they made it. If you have such a big problem and think they are poor designers go make your own FPS.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 144 of 3,072 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
328 posts

Feb 6, 2009
Dont have any problems.
acmilanboy
Please use plain text.
Message 145 of 3,072 (13 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Feb 6, 2009

ClinToN wrote:

PACE_UK wrote:
maybe an "arcade" movement setup could be introduced to satisfy those who find it sluggish. I dont btw, but would like the option to toggle crouch / cover

I think someone posted a response to the toggle crouch thing. It might have to do with the lean and peak system. You'd get snapped to any object if you're too close to it while toggled. I'm guessing that would be annoying.

But if you walk in the demo whilst crouching you don't automatically snap to every but of cover.

Therefore is still suggest that having the option to toggle in and out of cover would help, especially as so much of this game will be played whilst in cover.

Please guerilla , give me the option to play this outstanding game in the way  i choose to.

Its like the old saying , "close but no cigar"and a seemingly minor tweak to the list of available control / movement options would make many many gamers happy.

Please use plain text.
Message 146 of 3,072 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9009 posts

Feb 6, 2009

DPyro wrote:
That's true, I'd like to know how old all these people who are complaining are?

I'm a completely rational 31 year old man.  I fail to see why you would be against responsive controls that take the guesswork out of aiming.....................why are you against something that wouldn't make the game worse for you?

Recognize My Disease
Please use plain text.
Message 147 of 3,072 (13 Views)
Sackboy
617 posts

Feb 6, 2009
Ok...

There is only one solution to this problem. Majority, because majority rules. The way i see it, there are mixed emotions on the sluggish controls (or lack there of for people who feel it's fine.) Everyone just needs to be 100% real on this subject...either you agree with the controls or you want them to be changed. I can almost guarantee you that if these mixed emotions don't go toward one side, there will be change/no change. Think about it, if 50% of the people like the controls and 50% hate them, then im sure the developers are going to the keep it the way it is. Because they already catered to one side. Why go thru all the trouble to cater the other side when they already have one side satisfied? Someone should set up a thread where everyone posts one response and one response only: Change the controls, or Don't change the controls. And we'll really see who likes the controls and who doesn't. Without any organization all we're going to see from now until February 27th (probably even further) are unorganized rants, disagreements, and to put in the street term, "beef." It's sad that it has to come down to this ultimatum but it's the only way we're probably going to see any progress. Everyone should feel lucky that GG is so in touch with their gamers. So be real, because if you're just trying to defend the game just for the sake of it being such a big game for the Sony side, then you're doing more hurt than support, likewise, the same goes for the other side. That is all. =]
www.soundclick.com/arsonthemarxman
Please use plain text.
Message 148 of 3,072 (13 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
366 posts

Feb 6, 2009

Piper999 wrote:
How strange - I actually thought that this s the first shooter on PS3 where the controller is not a hindrance, i.e. it is the first time I've thought that the controls in a PS3 shooter are perfect and as good as the "other console's" controller.
lol, strange isn't it?. When i first played the demo i thought to myself "Wow, these controls are good". I was shocked when i checked this forum only to find people complaining about them.
Please use plain text.
Message 149 of 3,072 (13 Views)
0 Likes