Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 20 2009
By: G-h0S7x Uncharted Territory 1362 posts

Medic class- why so weak?

35 replies 5 views Edited Apr 20, 2009

why did they make the medic class so powerless compared to other classes??? all the other classes have their own advantages and ability's that are actually useful, but there are so many limitations on the medic class??? in games, medics are supposed to be crucial to a team as they should be the last hope of survival and reviving downed players. but there are some severe limitations that the other classes dont seem to have.

medic gun- its really good, but why such a long recharge time??? the recharge time should be as long at the markers for scout(or a little more but not like 20 seconds!!). it makes no sense to revive one person out of like 4 people that are dead in that area. wouldnt it be unfair that i pick one guy over the other??? sure you might get easy points this way, but its only 1 point, and it will still be a challenge. and compared to other classes like engineers the extra points will not be so much.

mortally wounded = dead?? this is one of the reasons many poeople dont even bother to go medic and help out other players because they know that the downed player would rather spawn will full ammo, and in a safe area or maybe change classes rather then being revived randomly in the middle of firefight and still get the death.

medic boxes- they dont give you points, and they are really hard for teammates to see when you place them. and since people heal anyway up to 60% overtime, they are basically not worth it. the only use it see is using them on youself but if compared to other secondary's like boost, c4 mines, markers, repair and even air support, the medic boxes seem like a waste to carry.

i seriously dont see why some classes are really overpowered like assault and engy (not saying they are unstoppable but you can get many points with them and help out team at the same time) while the medic class (which should be very important) has all these limitations that can be modified and still keep the game balanced.

Message 1 of 36 (5 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6044 posts

Re: Medic class- why so weak?

Apr 20, 2009
I agree with the mortally wounded= dead? point.  In the beginning of the game I liked to be rezzed cause it was something new and cool, now I get annoyed when people rez me.  
Level 9,999 Laharl
Message 2 of 36 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1844 posts

Apr 20, 2009
I stll like the MEDIC.  I don't play it a ton, but use Medic with C4, carrying an M82, and reviving people is great. 
Photobucket.RATT CLAN....... KZ2 CIC......... KZ_VIP
Message 3 of 36 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1362 posts

Apr 20, 2009

BJD66 wrote:
I stll like the MEDIC.  I don't play it a ton, but use Medic with C4, carrying an M82, and reviving people is great. 

yea too bad you can only revive once per like 20 seconds!!!

Message 4 of 36 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
525 posts

Apr 20, 2009
this class is awesome... free points for reviving people.... and as soon as you feel like you got shot run away a little... push right on the d-pad chuck a health pack and its like you never died... its awesome
Message 5 of 36 (5 Views)
Lombax Warrior
147 posts

Apr 20, 2009

The medic class is all i use in the game, it is the most resourceful basic soldier in the game. If anything i believe the medic is OVERPOWERED.

- Choice of M82, most versatile weapon in the game or the STA-52, the most adaptive weapon in the game

- M4 Pistol, 75 damage

- Medic abilities to revive AND heal

- Heal YOURSELF in order to stay in the battle longer, and since the assault rifles are among the most common dropped, its a breeze to reload.

- Medic Gun, and this is the thing that does it for me. The medic gun is one of the strongest, if not THE most overpowered weapons in the game.

4 hits on a soldier, 8 on assault, and 13 on assault/boost... kinda weak right?

The thing being is that it has three very odd characteristics that make the medic gun so great.

- No reloading - No need to worry about clip sizes, or worry about accuracy stats either, the gun does not fire if missed.

- Headshot damage - This gun kills any player in 2 hits when hit in the head REGION not a head shot. I assume this is because of the assist aim that is still very present in the gun used to ensure a quick revival if need be. So 50 damage a pop on a soldier, but it also does 100 damage a hit on a head region if the target is an assault, regardless of how much life he/she has left.

- The ONLY silenced weapon. - This gun, even with all of its great characteristics, does not show up on the radar, you are basically invisible to people that do not know of your direct presence.

All in all, the medic gun is a very good class, anyone that bashes it only does so because one does not UNDERSTAND it.

I'd place much more information on how to use this class efficiently, but all that will be said when the newest installment of my Gun hit thread releases itself. Untill then you can check back on that thread to see the actual stats of your favorite weapons and find out things you might not have noticed before.

Comprehensive Gun Statistics

Enjoy!

Message Edited by SyllableslayeR on 04-20-2009 11:57 AM
Message 6 of 36 (5 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
358 posts

Apr 20, 2009
i revive people even if they tell me not to. mainly for points lol, i do agree the reload time should be like the health pack time, that way when i revive someone, as soon as they get killed again i revive them again.
Message 7 of 36 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1362 posts

Apr 20, 2009

Ahmed13 wrote:
this class is awesome... free points for reviving people.... and as soon as you feel like you got shot run away a little... push right on the d-pad chuck a health pack and its like you never died... its awesome

??? how is it free points??? you get one point per every like 20 seconds for reviving someone. Compared to engineers, assaults, and sabuetuers thats really weak. of course there will always be exceptions and people might go medic just for the heck of it, but overall its really a weak class that has no "attractiveness" to it and really dosent help team. and i said medic boxes are good for yourselves, but since you heal 60%, and since there are some really good secondary's like boost, its really a waste to have them.

Message 8 of 36 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
147 posts

Apr 20, 2009

G-h0S7x wrote:

Ahmed13 wrote:

??? how is it free points??? you get one point per every like 20 seconds for reviving someone. Compared to engineers, assaults, and sabuetuers thats really weak. of course there will always be exceptions and people might go medic just for the heck of it, but overall its really a weak class that has no "attractiveness" to it and really dosent help team. and i said medic boxes are good for yourselves, but since you heal 60%, and since there are some really good secondary's like boost, its really a waste to have them.

Read my post.

Message 9 of 36 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1362 posts

Apr 20, 2009

SyllableslayeR wrote:

The medic class is all i use in the game, it is the most resourceful basic soldier in the game. If anything i believe the medic is OVERPOWERED.

- Choice of M82, most versatile weapon in the game or the STA-52, the most adaptive weapon in the game

- M4 Pistol, 75 damage

- Medic abilities to revive AND heal

- Heal YOURSELF in order to stay in the battle longer, and since the assault rifles are among the most common dropped, its a breeze to reload.

- Medic Gun, and this is the thing that does it for me. The medic gun is one of the strongest, if not THE most overpowered weapons in the game.

4 hits on a soldier, 8 on assault, and 13 on assault/boost... kinda weak right?

The thing being is that it has three very odd characteristics that make the medic gun so great.

- No reloading - No need to worry about clip sizes, or worry about accuracy stats either, the gun does not fire if missed.

- Headshot damage - This gun kills any player in 2 hits when hit in the head REGION not a head shot. I assume this is because of the assist aim that is still very present in the gun used to ensure a quick revival if need be. So 50 damage a pop on a soldier, but it also does 100 damage a hit on a head region if the target is an assault, regardless of how much life he/she has left.

- The ONLY silenced weapon. - This gun, even with all of its great characteristics, does not show up on the radar, you are basically invisible to people that do not know of your direct presence.

All in all, the medic gun is a very good class, anyone that bashes it only does so because one does not UNDERSTAND it.

I'd place much more information on how to use this class efficiently, but all that will be said when the newest installment of my Gun hit thread releases itself. Untill then you can check back on that thread to see the actual stats of your favorite weapons and find out things you might not have noticed before.

Comprehensive Gun Statistics

Enjoy!

Message Edited by SyllableslayeR on 04-20-2009 11:57 AM

wow.....did GG really want people to use the medic gun to kill more then to revive??? and how is it one of the strongest in the game if it takes 4 hits to kill someone and 8 on assaul?? it fires in zaps and you really have to spray to hit people with it.

and what about the medic abilities??? you get to revive someone once in like 20 seconds (one of the longest recharge times in the game and death still counts) and healing is pretty useless since people heal anyway after like 5 seconds to about 60%.

Message 10 of 36 (5 Views)
0 Likes