Highlighted
Nov 04 2011
By: EliteF50 Gaming Beast 2310 posts

Killzone 2 is still the best FPS this generation

6 replies 934 views Edited Nov 4, 2011

After playing a lot of FPS' this year, I went back to play some KZ2. And honestly, KZ2 owns the hell out of all of them. Everything is absolutely perfect to me. The graphics, the mechanics, the maps, the health, the guns, etc.

It's such a shame KZ3 turned into CODZONE. KZ2 is my favourite FPS of all time, and GG are one of my faourite devs too. I really hope KZ2 comes back in KZ4.

GG, please realize the mistakes you have made by listening to the COD fans. Give us back Killzone.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 1 of 7 (934 Views)
Wastelander
830 posts

Re: Killzone 2 is still the best FPS this generation

Nov 6, 2011

I actually like KZ3, but that's down to the feel of the controls.   KZ2 is good, but I couldn't get intot he MP (again, the controls)

I know what you mean about the way the game changed, but I wouldn't go as far as to say it's a COD clone  at all!!

I love the KZ series simply because it's unique amongst most shooters.  there's something authentic about the game that appeals to me and sets it apart from the other great FPS games like Halo, MW2, Rainbow 6, etc....

Just my opinion though.  

I just hope that KZ4 incorporates the best of KZ2 and KZ3 and continues to keep its distinction. 

Not to mention, the Vita version is going to be incredible!!

Photobucket

Message 2 of 7 (934 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1889 posts

Nov 6, 2011

I have a couple of issues with KZ2 (mostly with the change after the 1.27 patch), but those issues aside I think KZ2 is one of my most favourite games ever. I tend to play mostly online, and I had tons of fun in KZ2's MP. The only game that matches it on fun for me is Killzone Liberation for PSP.

There was definitely a lot of magic lost between KZ2 and KZ3, but I'm not giving up just yet. I hope that KZ4 gets back to what made the franchise so distinct.

My 2¢.

Message 3 of 7 (934 Views)
Splicer
70 posts

Nov 12, 2011

MistaSpin wrote:

I actually like KZ3, but that's down to the feel of the controls.   KZ2 is good, but I couldn't get intot he MP (again, the controls)

I know what you mean about the way the game changed, but I wouldn't go as far as to say it's a COD clone  at all!!

I love the KZ series simply because it's unique amongst most shooters.  there's something authentic about the game that appeals to me and sets it apart from the other great FPS games like Halo, MW2, Rainbow 6, etc....

Just my opinion though.  

I just hope that KZ4 incorporates the best of KZ2 and KZ3 and continues to keep its distinction. 

Not to mention, the Vita version is going to be incredible!!

There's four thing's about the controls that they got wrong in KZ3.

- We can't re-load while jumping in KZ3

- When you jump off something & land on the ground, it feels stiff like a robot. Theirs no motion inertia anymore like there was in KZ2.

- For god sake they need to keep the controls just like they are in the campaign (running weight, inertia, & motion blur. The campaign feels 10 times more immersive than the twitchy "just like everything else" multiplayer.

- The running endurance in multiplayer should have stayed like it was in KZ2 & both campaigns.

- Last but not least, there should not be point pop-ups in KZ4. KZ2 is the only FPS were you can actually see blood spray & decapitations when you shoot the enemy. That's priceless.

I want 100% Guerrilla Games ideas & talent in Killzone 4. Hulst, De Jonge, & Boltjes. They need to push KZ4 to the limit of there ability. and they should never tone anything down or take anything out, just because some critic, casual, or executive tells them we can't handle it.........We can handle it. We do want it, & we will buy it.

God Speed >>>>>on KZ4 & KZ Vita.........and KZ1 (HD)remastered

Oh yea, Natko's disapearance in KZ3 needs to be explained. Jammer is a great female character to build on & she needs to remain. Consider bringing Hakha or Luger back to replace Templar as another original character. I realy don't know what to say about Captian Narvilles mysterious voice change. I guess theirs not much that can be done about that. Oh well.

Photobucket
Message 4 of 7 (934 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1887 posts

Nov 15, 2011

I gotta agree it's my favorite this gen, sad that Kz3 turned out how it did...and it didn't even manage to pull in the more casual crowd either so it was a lose/lose for everyone.

Message 5 of 7 (934 Views)
MVP Support
8205 posts

Dec 3, 2011

Loved Kz2 and loved Kz3 even more. The only thing that i don't like about kz3 is the lack of operations maps.

Message 6 of 7 (934 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Jan 2, 2012

I play Killzone 2 for it's singleplayer and Killzone 3 for it's multiplayer. For Killzone 4 i hope the best of both worlds will be in same package.

What i did'nt like with Killzone 3 campaign:

1. Much worse voiceacting, less interesting characters.

2. Horrible, just horrible vehicle-stages, so boring and pointless.

3. The variety. I knew this would be a problem the same second i heard it. Gone are the perfect paced campagin and feel of Killzone 2 for Killzone 3's fragmented and over exaggerated jumping between different locations.

Message 7 of 7 (934 Views)
0 Likes