Splicer
71 posts

Re: Killzone 2 MUST have a party system

Feb 4, 2009
Party system seems perfect, reminds me of good 'ol Counter-Strike.
Message Edited by Rorance on 02-04-2009 01:40 PM
Message 40 of 100 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9110 posts

Feb 4, 2009

In my opinion, CoD4 & 5 had one of the easiest and most user friendly party systems. It was easy to use and set up, the buttons that you needed to invite your friends, start a party, begin game were right there and you were able to have the same options as when you were alone.

The most important thing for me though, is to have a usre friendly party sytem, and I hope GG can do that.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Message 41 of 100 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7831 posts

Feb 4, 2009

gunnerheadboy wrote:

In my opinion, CoD4 & 5 had one of the easiest and most user friendly party systems. It was easy to use and set up, the buttons that you needed to invite your friends, start a party, begin game were right there and you were able to have the same options as when you were alone.

The most important thing for me though, is to have a usre friendly party sytem, and I hope GG can do that.

finally someone with common sense. i am tired of people saying a in game friends list is as good as a party system. what happens when 5 of 6 of your friends get into a game but it fills up? then you all gotta leave and keep trying to get into one all at once. the point of a party system is to be ONE group that enters and leaves a game TOGETHER, so this gets rid of all the issues with all your friends trying to get into a room before it fills up. in a party system, you wont go into a game/room unless your whole party can get in. and also, you will be on the same team.

Message 42 of 100 (0 Views)
Treasure Hunter
9110 posts

Feb 4, 2009

sirpilf wrote:

gunnerheadboy wrote:

finally someone with common sense. i am tired of people saying a in game friends list is as good as a party system. what happens when 5 of 6 of your friends get into a game but it fills up? then you all gotta leave and keep trying to get into one all at once. the point of a party system is to be ONE group that enters and leaves a game TOGETHER, so this gets rid of all the issues with all your friends trying to get into a room before it fills up. in a party system, you wont go into a game/room unless your whole party can get in. and also, you will be on the same team.

Also, most of the time in the CoD series when a game disconnects you will fall back to the part. It saves time then too go back, look at your friends list, find who's playing Killzone 2, join them then your friends join.

BTW, I know everyone is sick of CoD talk, but IMO it had one of the easiest party systems/menu. You were able to just jump in a game with your friends with out any trouble.

Message 43 of 100 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
767 posts

Feb 4, 2009

gunnerheadboy wrote:

sirpilf wrote:

gunnerheadboy wrote:

Also, most of the time in the CoD series when a game disconnects you will fall back to the part. It saves time then too go back, look at your friends list, find who's playing Killzone 2, join them then your friends join.

BTW, I know everyone is sick of CoD talk, but IMO it had one of the easiest party systems/menu. You were able to just jump in a game with your friends with out any trouble.

Yeah but in CoD you automatch.  There is no need for a party system in a game that uses a lobby system, all you need is a friends list that gives you the option to join the game from your friends list by just highlighting them and selecting an option. Atleast in kz2 if your in a game you don't have to leave or make your friends wait when they come online, they just join yours. CoD did have a good party system because it was easy but it only needed one because it uses automatch.

Message Edited by Assaultx on 02-04-2009 02:00 PM
Message 44 of 100 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1682 posts

Feb 4, 2009
I guess its just a wait and see ... Question have they been any talk about having a home space created for game launching ?
Photobucket
Message 45 of 100 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9110 posts

Feb 4, 2009

Assaultx wrote:

gunnerheadboy wrote:

sirpilf wrote:

gunnerheadboy wrote:

Yeah but in CoD you automatch.  There is no need for a party system in a game that uses a lobby system, all you need is a friends list that gives you the option to join the game from your friends list by just highlighting them and selecting an option. Atleast in kz2 if your in a game you don't have to leave or make your friends wait when they come online, they just join yours. CoD did have a good party system because it was easy but it only needed one because it uses automatch.

Good point.

But, the problem is that a lobby might get full and you'll have a difficult time to get your other firends on.

Message 46 of 100 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
192 posts

Feb 4, 2009

agreed.

Message 47 of 100 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
199 posts

Feb 4, 2009

So no party system, fine...but is there a way to make sure I will be on my friends team when I join a game and that will I stay on their team at all times? Even with team auto-balancing?

I'd prefer a party system, but I'm sure if it was needed, the beta testers would have brought it up.

Message 48 of 100 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
170 posts

Feb 4, 2009

CoD4 party system + the stuff KZ2 already has would be nice. If I could only pick one, I'd prefer the CoD4 party system. It's more accessible, much more convenient. 

This and the 30FPS are the two disappointing things about this game so far. 

Message 49 of 100 (0 Views)
0 Likes