Jan 21 2010
By: dewisri Hekseville Citizen 402 posts

How are complaints of hate speech handled?

5 replies 43 views Edited Jan 21, 2010

I don't often hear hate speech when playing KZ2 online, but sometimes I hear extreme nastiness.

Does anyone know how reports of hate speech are handled? Is the hater banned if a certain number of reports are received? How do the mods look into it? Do all of the reports have to be received in the same match, or can they be received over a certain period of time?

Just curious.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1567 posts

Re: How are complaints of hate speech handled?

Jan 22, 2010
Not sure but I heard every thing is recorded. I'm not easily offended but I've heard some things online that makes me cringe and some very intense bullying which is upseting when you think some of these guys are only playing because they want to have a good time. I've reported a few, not sure if it worked but compared to the first few months it seems to be alot less now.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
14203 posts

Jan 22, 2010
Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) is committed to all players having a good online gaming experience.

If you would like to report a PlayStation Network user that has acted inappropriately or is in violation of the PlayStation®Network Terms of Service and User Agreement, please complete the PlayStation®Network File a Complaint Form.

SCEA will process all complaints.

Please be aware that SCEA will NEVER approach users online via chat for password or personal information.  Additionally SCEA will never offer guaranteed spots in upcoming betas or other promotions in exchange for personal information.  Users who may ask for this information are not authorized by SCEA to do so and we would advise that you report these suspicious PlayStation®Network users.  Click here to report suspicious users.

As a reminder to our seasoned gamers, and to inform new users, we offer these guidelines for safe gaming that will help keep your account private and secure.

• NEVER share your account details with anyone, especially online. 
  • Select a strong password to protect your account (include alpha, number, and symbol characters if possible).
  • Make sure that the answer to your "secret question" is not something that could be guessed easily.
  • Be sure to log off from your account anytime you use a PlayStation® product that is not yours, or anytime other people might use your PlayStation product.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (43 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
402 posts

Jan 22, 2010

Thanks, ftwrthtx.

I'm glad to hear they'll process all complaints. I thought maybe they'd just handle it if someone was available at that time or if there were multiple reports.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
103 posts

Jan 22, 2010

You can 'submit a grief report' of a player in game. Just go to their name of the scoreboard and press square. Just follow the instructions. It's really easy and quick to do; just takes a couple of button presses.

Also the mods have said that they get more info from this and it's easier to deal with this way.

Message Edited by mickeydubbs on 01-21-2010 09:05 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3566 posts

Jan 26, 2010
Yea life is to short for that....Good luck on reporting them to Sony, they will listen if they get multiple hits on the same PSN over a short period of time...try sharing the PSN ID privately with your fellow clan members since others might have heard his or her comments and have them submit a grief report as well.  He will either be banned for a period of a week and or month in most cases. 
Photobucket
Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (43 Views)
0 Likes