Hekseville Citizen
240 posts

Re: GG standing up for the Assault Class

May 7, 2009

consolecrusader wrote:

Right they changed the rules, they never took out the players and their positions.  NFL never took out the WR or the RB or the DE or the DT.  They changed the rules and the einvironment around the game negate player positions which in this case would be classes.

Fn A man mcray is in this now im never gonna finish my work day 

Don't worry I'll try to be civil, I'm tired of fighting about this.

The thing is CC, the real problem lies with the game itself, and the refusal of GG to fix the imbalance. The players have to come up with balance fixes by themself, and this is the result of that.

In professional sports, there's no reason to remove a position entirely, because the administrators will just modify the rules to tone down whatever the imbalance is.

I'll use basketball as my example since it's what I'm most familiar with.

Basketball favors people who are big and strong. That is fine, but SOME guys are just TOO big and TOO strong. The best example of this is obviously Shaquille O'neal. He is 7 foot 2, 330 pounds, he's just a friggin tank.

Now in the past, you could camp out all day long in the paint, but eventually that became a huge problem, because there was NO point passing to anyone except the center, since he was always under the rim anyway and could just lay it in without even doing anything. So what did they do? Well they didn't remove the center, or put height restrictions on the players. Instead, they implemented a rule called "3 in the key", which prevents big guys from just standing under the rim. 

If this rule had NOT being implemented, Shaquille O'neal would have been simply unstoppable (he already is even with the rule). He would have scored 50 points per game easily, and there would have been no reason at all to let anyone else shoot the ball.

Does that sound like a fun game to play or watch? Not really.

I know you feel that it sucks for a game to be stripped of it's natural elements, but if GG would just FIX assault so that it isn't so ridiculously overpowered, then there wouldn't be any reason to ban it. Know what I'm sayin?

Message 101 of 130 (1 View)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3145 posts

May 7, 2009
Right and I always agreed with this.  Take away the double health/armor least boost and RL.  That is fair and comparable to the changes you speak of.

~ Hardcore Alliance ~ 68-30-2 ~ 111440 Valor ~
Message 102 of 130 (1 View)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
240 posts

May 7, 2009

consolecrusader wrote:
Right and I always agreed with this.  Take away the double health/armor least boost and RL.  That is fair and comparable to the changes you speak of.

Basically we're in agreement, but I'd like to see assault toned down a bit differently.

Right now the class has:

200% health

Automatic health regeneration up to 120%

Ability to refill to 200% with medic pack

Boost - which regenerates health at an accelerated rate, to 120% health, as opposed to 60% like all the other classes.

Ability to use heavy weaponry

What I'd like to see:

200% health

Bring the health regeneration in line with the other classes - up to 60% instead of 120%

Medic pack should refill to 100% - not 200%

Boost should refill to 60% - not 120%

Longer cooldown on boost

Permanent movement speed penalty

This would really bring the assault class in line with what we see in other class based games.

The biggest problem as you can see from my suggestions is not the weapons, but the regeneration and the unbelievable speed that assault has. The class is meant to destroy, like you always say, and I have no problem with that. But when you are flying around the map at 200 mph while regenerating ridiculous amounts of health in the process, then something is just plain broken.

Anyone who disagrees has probably not met a really good player yet. When I play assault, I always finish with a 5 or 6 to 1 ratio, and that's with or without the RL. Now imagine someone who's a lot better than I am...  it's just stupid. I've seen guys with 100 kills and 5 deaths. There is no way you're gonna pull that kind of stuff with tactician or any other class.

Message 103 of 130 (1 View)
Uncharted Territory
1268 posts

May 7, 2009

McRay23 wrote:
Anyone who disagrees has probably not met a really good player yet. When I play assault, I always finish with a 5 or 6 to 1 ratio, and that's with or without the RL. Now imagine someone who's a lot better than I am...  it's just stupid. I've seen guys with 100 kills and 5 deaths. There is no way you're gonna pull that kind of stuff with tactician or any other class.

I have to totally agree with you on this McRay. I've ran into a couple of times some inhuman skilled players who had this setup (Assault+Med Pack+M4+M82+Hiding behind good squad). I flatout felt it was dirty and cheap. It was nigh on impossible to kill this guy (I did several times though). And he finished the game with 94-8. Frankly ridiculous from a players who's basically rushing in the whole time. 

I have no problem with Assaults if they do their job. But they are so easily customizible into a very abusable, and unstoppable soldier. If GG would prevent this abuse it would be a much welcome change. Heck, give boost without regenaration to Sabo! Give Assault in return something else.

Message 104 of 130 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
239 posts

May 7, 2009

McRay23 wrote:

consolecrusader wrote:

Basically we're in agreement, but I'd like to see assault toned down a bit differently.

Right now the class has:

200% health

Boost - which regenerates health at an accelerated rate, to 120% health, as opposed to 60% like all the other classes.

What I'd like to see:

200% health

Bring the health regeneration in line with the other classes - up to 60% instead of 120%

Longer cooldown on boost

This would really bring the assault class in line with what we see in other class based games.

The biggest problem as you can see from my suggestions is not the weapons, but the regeneration and the unbelievable speed that assault has. The class is meant to destroy, like you always say, and I have no problem with that. But when you are flying around the map at 200 mph while regenerating ridiculous amounts of health in the process, then something is just plain broken.

See this is what we need, balancing, not the entire removal of a class from a class based game.

We need some more rational and logical players like yourself. Kudos man!

Eternal Lord sig
Message 105 of 130 (1 View)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
289 posts

May 7, 2009

McRay23 wrote:

consolecrusader wrote:

Right now the class has:

200% health

What I'd like to see:

200% health

Longer cooldown on boost

That is a great suggestion! Now I have no issue with the Assault Class because I do not encounter them that much but my issue is with the Bots. Anytning that gives you a kill, without you earning it,  should not be allowed in competitive play. Also in regards to choke points with bots, those should not be bots holding those points but players coordinating to hold another team off.

I hate that this made me seem like a whinning GB kid but I support fair and balanced gameplay and whether it's death match or class based the game should be fair and the PLAYER should be earning the points not the AI in the game.

PSN ID: OmegaMan87
Message 106 of 130 (1 View)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1589 posts

May 7, 2009

consolecrusader wrote:

I can gree 100% with that dude.  I remember in GB we played a match no assault no gl/rl but bots were enabled.  Team ran 2 tact and 2 engy it was jut bots everywhere.  

Their also discussing if the new maps should be in the tournament as well. 

Yeah all 4 of them.  They arent that big of a deal, a grenade and some M4s take em out quick.

TheBIG_Lebowski
The Dude Abides.
(OO≡≡[][]≡≡OO) ///Motorsport
Message 107 of 130 (1 View)
0 Likes
Sackboy
511 posts

May 7, 2009

SilentGonja wrote:

consolecrusader wrote:

I can gree 100% with that dude.  I remember in GB we played a match no assault no gl/rl but bots were enabled.  Team ran 2 tact and 2 engy it was jut bots everywhere.  

Their also discussing if the new maps should be in the tournament as well. 

Yeah all 4 of them.  They arent that big of a deal, a grenade and some M4s take em out quick.

Have you ever played a clan that knows where to place bots? Apparently not because you think it's so easy. Four well placed bots in a room and you won't even come close to taking them out with the weapons you mentioned without getting killed.

Message 108 of 130 (1 View)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
239 posts

May 7, 2009

OmegaMan87 wrote:

McRay23 wrote:

consolecrusader wrote:

Right now the class has:

200% health

What I'd like to see:

200% health

Longer cooldown on boost

That is a great suggestion! Now I have no issue with the Assault Class because I do not encounter them that much but my issue is with the Bots. Anytning that gives you a kill, without you earning it,  should not be allowed in competitive play. Also in regards to choke points with bots, those should not be bots holding those points but players coordinating to hold another team off.

I hate that this made me seem like a whinning GB kid but I support fair and balanced gameplay and whether it's death match or class based the game should be fair and the PLAYER should be earning the points not the AI in the game.

This game is about strategy and tactics and the bots are a central part of that; defend areas and hold off choke points.

Wanna take one out? It takes about 4-5 M4 shots, half of a clip of the SMG, or a well placed grenade. Honestly I think they could use a little more armor/health.

Removal of bots would be removal of yet another class, the engineer, as that is its main purpose in this game.

Buddy, I think you might be playing the wrong game. Perhaps class based MP just isn't for you.

Eternal Lord sig
Message 109 of 130 (1 View)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
289 posts

May 7, 2009

While a bot might be a strategy for a public match, when money is on the line I do not want to get killed by some random guy who places a bot on an objective and wins because of it. I have said it a million times on this thread, anything that gives you points without you having to do nothing but sit there twiddling your fingers is not skill. End of story.

PSN ID: OmegaMan87
Message 110 of 130 (1 View)
0 Likes