Last Guardian
11018 posts

Re: Every time I convince myself to buy this game...

Feb 26, 2009
Even though I respect people who are into more of the SP aspect of games - I just can't see how people aren't even remotely interested in the MP of this awesome game.
Message 11 of 110 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
287 posts

Feb 26, 2009

P-Noozi wrote:

Flasher40 wrote:
to be honest and respectful to you, im going ot say this in a nice way...you shouldnt even touch killzone 2 if oyur only playing it for Single player....

Like I said, I'm very dedicated to my clan in SOCOM.  So I tend to only buy games that have solid single-player campaigns, as I allocate most of my online-gaming time to SOCOM.

Why would you bother spending 60 dollars on an 8 hours single player campaign?! RENT IT.
Message 12 of 110 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2231 posts

Feb 26, 2009

xP3R5i4Nx wrote:
SOCOM=EPIC FAIL
agreed.

Message 13 of 110 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
597 posts

Feb 26, 2009

I've been a fan of the SOCOM series all the way. And buddy I can tell you the MP for this game is way better. Not to mention the community and also the supported community features.

I say you sell that junk game to GameStop and get KZ2 @ half price.

Message 14 of 110 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4974 posts

Feb 26, 2009

Controller lag. You people are funny.

I'm buying this for the single player. I mean I'm definitely going to play online but if the Campaign was no good then I'd pass.

Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery.
Message 15 of 110 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4569 posts

Feb 26, 2009

X-Frame wrote:
Even though I respect people who are into more of the SP aspect of games - I just can't see how people aren't even remotely interested in the MP of this awesome game.

I'm not totally uninterested in the MP aspect.  I'm just not going to stop playing SOCOM online to start playing Killzone 2 online, so I probably won't get much use out of it.

Maybe I'll rent it like that other guy said.  Even so, I won't rent it unless they reduce the controller lag...

Message 16 of 110 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
345 posts

Feb 26, 2009

P-Noozi wrote:

Every time I convince myself to buy this game I change my mind after thinking about the controller lag present in single-player.  I want this game primarily for the single-player, and the controller lag present in the demo was really frustrating for me.

I can say with 100% certainty that I will buy Killzone 2 if the controller lag, currently present in single-player, is reduced to a more acceptable level.  That would make the single-player much more enjoyable for me, and therefore give me a solid reason to purchase the game.

Otherwise, have fun guys.  I just won't be able to justify the 60 dollars when I already have SOCOM to play online every night (I am very dedicated to my clan).

Message Edited by P-Noozi on 02-25-2009 08:48 PM

The deadzone is the problem.

DEADZONE EXPLAINED:

The higher the deadzone, the further you have to move your sticks from their center to get them to register an action on screen. The lower you set it the more sensitive and responsive the sticks will become and the distance you have to move them from their center becomes little to none.

I do not play COD, but I Do play Socom Confrontation and the Resident Evil 5 demo which both have an acceptable deadzone. I would like to play Kill Zone 2 one day, but refuse to purchase it do to the problem in the video below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FR0Cbwh9uzA
Message 17 of 110 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2231 posts

Feb 26, 2009

fadic4 wrote:
the fameing community will change so much if you dont buy it
what ?????

Message 18 of 110 (0 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1012 posts

Feb 26, 2009
the gameing community will change so much if you dont buy it
Message Edited by fadic4 on 02-25-2009 05:56 PM
Message 19 of 110 (0 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
345 posts

Feb 26, 2009

Flasher40 wrote:
to be honest and respectful to you, im going ot say this in a nice way...you shouldnt even touch killzone 2 if oyur only playing it for Single player....

What? What? You people crack me up.

I do not play COD, but I Do play Socom Confrontation and the Resident Evil 5 demo which both have an acceptable deadzone. I would like to play Kill Zone 2 one day, but refuse to purchase it do to the problem in the video below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FR0Cbwh9uzA
Message 20 of 110 (0 Views)
0 Likes