Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 14 2009
By: backspace__ Uncharted Territory 1789 posts

C4 are broken

47 replies 7 views Edited Mar 14, 2009

They don't work. You put them on the ground, they go threw the floor. Sometimes they are on the ground and don't detonate. I've had all 3 on the ground and someone has walked over them (not an assault) and they exploded ad didn't hurt him. I've had them get triggered but instead of exploding they just dissapeared. Not only do they have these handful of problems, but it takes at least 2 to kill someone. Then once you put them down, if nobody comes in the next minute, there useless because nobody will ever come. This means you have to wait 5 minutes before you can use them again.

Fix.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 48 (7 Views)
Fender Bender
2946 posts

Re: C4 are broken

Mar 14, 2009

backspace__ wrote:

They don't work. You put them on the ground, they go threw the floor. Sometimes they are on the ground and don't detonate. I've had all 3 on the ground and someone has walked over them (not an assault) and they exploded ad didn't hurt him. I've had them get triggered but instead of exploding they just dissapeared. Not only do they have these handful of problems, but it takes at least 2 to kill someone. Then once you put them down, if nobody comes in the next minute, there useless because nobody will ever come. This means you have to wait 5 minutes before you can use them again.

Fix.

During the loading screen, it says "Proximity Mines are best placed in groups", whenever I place them I always use all 3, and they work.

And what, do you actually sit in a corner and wait for someone to run by? I just plant them and run elsewhere, and if you die you can plant 3 more.

Hit me up with friend invites!��

��

PSN: Blaargblaarg

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 48 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
411 posts

Mar 14, 2009

Blaargblaarg wrote:

backspace__ wrote:

Fix.

During the loading screen, it says "Proximity Mines are best placed in groups", whenever I place them I always use all 3, and they work.

And what, do you actually sit in a corner and wait for someone to run by? I just plant them and run elsewhere, and if you die you can plant 3 more.

I don't think you can plant C4's if they haven't been exploded yet. 

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 48 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Mar 14, 2009

Blaargblaarg wrote:

backspace__ wrote:

Fix.

I don't camp like you say. You can't plant 3 more if you die. There is still the handful of glitches I listed in the OP. Theres no way that I get 40 kills in one game, and place C4 in commonly used places every time I can and can't get 5 kills with them. It shouldn't happen. I constantly see people run right over my C4 and live. They seem pointless right now.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 48 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
597 posts

Mar 14, 2009

Your C4 can throw the floor?

Daaaang. They sure must be broken.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 48 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1913 posts

Mar 14, 2009
Poor muffin, you cant get free kills? that sucks
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 48 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8040 posts

Mar 14, 2009
I actually like GG's implementation of them.  There are ways to place C4 to gurantee a kill, and it has to be at least 2 C4, preferably 3.  The issue of it falling through the floor is a minor issue imo.  And if they do not explode, blow them up yourself and then replace them somewhere better.  They are great for cutting off choke points.  Also, they cant be too far apart.  Try placing 2 a few feet apart, and then the 3rd behind then by about 5 feet creating a triangle.  This will get you a kill almost every time.  It just requires people to be smart when using these, and they are very useful.

Photobucket

.:\\Strength Beyond Strength//:.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 48 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1789 posts

Mar 14, 2009

Overkillin wrote:

You idiot. YEA MAN I CANT GET FREE KILLS. The point of the secondary badge is to do SOMETHING. I could easily get "free kills" using assault. **bleep**

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 48 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
597 posts

Mar 14, 2009

It's pretty sad that you can't even use the method that procures the easiest kills in the entire game.

You should go look up a C4 tutorial or something if you suck that bad. You could just stop using it all together.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 48 (7 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1913 posts

Mar 14, 2009

backspace__ wrote:

Overkillin wrote:

You idiot. YEA MAN I CANT GET FREE KILLS. The point of the secondary badge is to do SOMETHING. I could easily get "free kills" using assault. **bleep**

Cry much??? i got my badge no prob. What ability does assault have that gives you kills without shooting anything?

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 48 (7 Views)
0 Likes