Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Splicer
84 posts

Re: Assault ... IS BALANCED

Mar 16, 2009
I agree completely, if it wasn't for the extra armor I'd even say the assault is weaker than the other classes since they're main weapons are only good against crowds and turrets.  Now assault in pistols only games is a different story alltogether though
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 76 (13 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1210 posts

Mar 16, 2009

decoyb wrote:
I agree completely, if it wasn't for the extra armor I'd even say the assault is weaker than the other classes since they're main weapons are only good against crowds and turrets.  Now assault in pistols only games is a different story alltogether though

agreed. assault in pistols only equals "im gonna shoot a few rounds then run up to you anddddd your dead".... its for newbs in pistols only.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 76 (13 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1355 posts

Mar 16, 2009
Good use of paragraphs, but honestly I just read you title.  Good job.

It only does everything firmware updates
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 76 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11018 posts

Mar 16, 2009
Assault's in Pistol's only is fine because everyone is usually Assaults, and if you're not then usually they're Tactician's or Engineer's trying to get turret/sentry kills. Hah.
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 76 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12345 posts

Mar 16, 2009
It's the double armor that always gets me. 2x's as much damage as the other infantry classes makes it a pain to go 1v1 with them unless you got a nice headstart.

Think about it, sniper = 2 shots
M4 revolver = 4 shots
Shotgun = 2 shots
Gun that the Sab uses = 4 shots
SMG = Like a whole clip

Its ridiculous, especially when they are spawn spamming and just keep firing one rocket, get kill, die, then rinse and repeat. In smaller matches, or in places that its chaotic, the assault class is basically a glitch class. They are nearly invincible and can take out multiple people with one shot.

In any other normal FPS online game, rocket spamming is frowned upon, and the developers make it so you only use those things for specific tasks. GG basically encourages people to spam rockets with this nearly invincible class that can only use explosive weapons. This is another clue that GG's didn't want this game to be truly tactical, but just run-n-gun.

I hope I see more and more room creators banning the use of assault class, cause the games are so much better because of it.
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 76 (13 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1888 posts

Mar 16, 2009
I agree that it's balanced. Sure, it has some big advantages, but it also has some significant disadvantages. Most complaints are about the rockets, and yes, I hate them also, but it's called the ASSAULT class. Not the "Hide In A Corner" class. 
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 76 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11018 posts

Mar 16, 2009

Lithograph wrote:
I agree that it's balanced. Sure, it has some big advantages, but it also has some significant disadvantages. Most complaints are about the rockets, and yes, I hate them also, but it's called the ASSAULT class. Not the "Hide In A Corner" class. 

Litho, stop playing - you know that's all you do when you're Assault, just hide in a corner and don't go after any objectives.
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 76 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2509 posts

Mar 16, 2009

Assaultx wrote:

Cakeman9 wrote:
AMEN. I hate when people just run in a tiny room and shoot at the ground killing everyone, but I love it otherwise! I use rockets for long range attacks and sentry bot take-outs.

i laughed so much when i fired a rocket at a sniper, 5 sec later *ding*.

You mean *chirp*

Ocean Sig
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 76 (13 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1327 posts

Mar 16, 2009
Ya but what about in maps like Blood Gracht where an assaulter can just boost all the way to enemy spawn find a quick group of 2-3 enemies shoot em down die and re spawn to do the same thing over and over. Maybe if your not trying to be an **bleep** with assaulter class it could work but unfortunately most people who use it are **bleep**s.
Sig
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 76 (13 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
752 posts

Mar 16, 2009
another noob sticking up for assault. it definetly needs to be nerfed and if you dont think that then u are a noob that uses the rockets as a crutch.
Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 76 (13 Views)