Mar 02 2009
By: AlienGorilla Lombax Warrior 235 posts

Are You All Lying To Yourselves?

107 replies 5 views Edited Mar 2, 2009

How someone could LIKE a delay in the response of their controls is beyond my comprehension. I understand liking the slow deliberate movement and pace of a game, but when the controls are unresponsive it doesn't feel natural. It's like when you get wasted and your reaction time is significantly reduced. That's how i feel the controls are.

The best thing is some of the arguments you get.

1.) "This will weed out all of the noobs (i.e. 60-80% of gamers)." YEAH, i'm sure that's exactly what GG wants. To lose 60-80% of their audience/sales/profit so that you 1337 can play together.

2.) "I like the controls it slows that game down to a more tactical pace (MP)." No, the game is a camp fest. Everyone is standing still hiding behind something trying to shoot someone else hiding behind something. You know why? Becuse they have to wrestle with the controls. Just make a run for it, no one will be able to shoot you.

This is a good one i read somewhere recently.

3.) "The controls are awesome. I remember in MOH and COD and other FPS i always used to overaim because the controls were so twitchy (i.e. responsive) But in KZ2 the controls are so intuitive i pop headshots left and right." Sooooo....you suck at every other FPS and you're good at this one.....and that means that every other FPS controls sucked, not you.

No i don't need auto aim. I always turn AA off in every other game i play because i think it does more harm than good. I just need the controls to be responsive. Keep it slow, keep it "weighty". But for the love of god, fix the delay. There's delay in everything that happens in the game. Moving, jumping, shooting, menus, EVERYTHING.

Whatever, i'm gonna try to force myself to finish SP and hopefully they patch the MP. If not, the game will probably collect dust until i need money for another game and decide to sell it.

Message 1 of 108 (5 Views)
Gaming Beast
2509 posts

Re: Are You All Lying To Yourselves?

Mar 2, 2009
I don't like it, but I'm used to it.
Ocean Sig
Message 2 of 108 (5 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5269 posts

Mar 2, 2009
you cant choose your controls and can't change them, either way you accept it and play the game -.-
Message 3 of 108 (5 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
315 posts

Mar 2, 2009
I really dont see anything wrong with the controls besides when your on the wall and trying to use the scope. I just changed my control settings to those of COD4&5 since I am so used to those controls works out fine to me.
Message 4 of 108 (5 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Mar 2, 2009
Well Said 
Message 5 of 108 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1920 posts

Mar 2, 2009

AlienGorilla wrote:

How someone could LIKE a delay in the response of their controls is beyond my comprehension. I understand liking the slow deliberate movement and pace of a game, but when the controls are unresponsive it doesn't feel natural. It's like when you get wasted and your reaction time is significantly reduced. That's how i feel the controls are.

1.) "This will weed out all of the noobs (i.e. 60-80% of gamers)." YEAH, i'm sure that's exactly what GG wants. To lose 60-80% of their audience/sales/profit so that you 1337 can play together.

2.) "I like the controls it slows that game down to a more tactical pace (MP)." No, the game is a camp fest. Everyone is standing still hiding behind something trying to shoot someone else hiding behind something. You know why? Becuse they have to wrestle with the controls. Just make a run for it, no one will be able to shoot you.

3.) "The controls are awesome. I remember in MOH and COD and other FPS i always used to overaim because the controls were so twitchy (i.e. responsive) But in KZ2 the controls are so intuitive i pop headshots left and right." Sooooo....you suck at every other FPS and you're good at this one.....and that means that every other FPS controls sucked, not you.

No i don't need auto aim. I always turn AA off in every other game i play because i think it does more harm than good. I just need the controls to be responsive. Keep it slow, keep it "weighty". But for the love of god, fix the delay. There's delay in everything that happens in the game. Moving, jumping, shooting, menus, EVERYTHING.

Whatever, i'm gonna try to force myself to finish SP and hopefully they patch the MP. If not, the game will probably collect dust until i need money for another game and decide to sell it.

Kudos for the best post of the night!

Message 6 of 108 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
550 posts

Mar 2, 2009
didnt you just get locked
Message 7 of 108 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
617 posts

Mar 2, 2009

AlienGorilla wrote:

To be quite honest I am pretty sure not everyone is actually getting the same results with the controls. Some people do not have any problems with them, and I don't mean they simply can't tell the difference or they are in denial. The link in my signature details my experience with the controls, and while true I am sure some people will refuse to believe it.

Message Edited by iamterrible on 03-02-2009 03:03 AM
iamterrible
Message 8 of 108 (5 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
913 posts

Mar 2, 2009

There's an old saying about doors and not letting them hit you in the ass that applies here.

The problem with your post is not that you have a differing opinion regarding the controls - because that's totally your right and I'd like to hope nobody would slam you for it. No, my problem is that you lambast people who deride 'twitch shooter' control mechanics whilst, yourself, lambasting the KZ2 control systems and the people who claim to prefer it.

Occam's razor suggests that people who claim to prefer the KZ2 control system are not actually lying, they simply prefer the KZ2 control system.  

Message 9 of 108 (5 Views)
Gaming Beast
2240 posts

Mar 2, 2009

BIGCHILLIPORKA wrote:
didnt you just get locked

Hes got locked more then once.

Message 10 of 108 (5 Views)
0 Likes